• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Storyline quests workaround?

Jake65

Sage
I've recently started chapter 16, Embassies, but I'm sure this query applies to lots of chapters.

Is there a way to bypass non-declinable story quests without stalling the rest of them?
Looking ahead at the quests, I'll need 10 maxed residences (I have 8), 4 maxed workshops (I have 1) and 1 maxed armoury (I have 0)
I'm reluctant to use/waste resources to upgrade all these extra buildings only to immediately teleport them back to the inventory/storage/man-drawer.
Is there a workaround to satisfy OCD me that also wants to complete the storyline?

Jake65

Sage
I should add that my genies are on a high-carbon diet so have been giving me loads of diamonds.
Which means the 200 end of storyline diamonds aren't as much of a carrot (carat haha) that they used to be.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
The only option is to finish the chapter, unlock the first research of the next chapter, and then the storyline quests for chapter 16 will all become declinable, so you can then choose which ones you want to put some effort into completing and which ones you'd rather skip.

The only moment when this will not work is if you're an end game player and there is no new chapter yet to unlock the first tech from, so then you'll have to wait for the developers to make/design/roll out a new chapter to be able to decline any quest you don't like doing.

Jake65

Sage
I'll need 10 maxed residences (I have 8), 4 maxed workshops (I have 1) and 1 maxed armoury (I have 0)
Just as a point of interest, I discovered that a chapter-level magic residence/workshop counts as two for the quests.
I sailed past the residence quest and brought in one W/S from storage to complete that quest.
Haven't got to the armoury yet........