• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Storing items

Rose of the South

Adventurer
Hi everyone I'm new to this:confused: and I need help, Is there a way to store buildings if you want to move them. I've placed the magic academy where I can't connect a road to it and I can't get another extension yet.:(

DeletedUser1772

There is no way to store buidlings. You can sell most of them, but some are permanent - like Magic Academy.

I suggest you use Elvenar Architect ( http://www.elvenarchitect.com ) to plan your city ahead.

Pauly7

Magus
Just to get a road to it I would have thought you could just push things around a little bit until you get a road through.

I looked up your city (if it's the one on Arendyll) and it looks like the Magic Academy is connected, so maybe you solved it already.

Rose of the South

Adventurer
Just to get a road to it I would have thought you could just push things around a little bit until you get a road through.

I looked up your city (if it's the one on Arendyll) and it looks like the Magic Academy is connected, so maybe you solved it already.
No, it's the one in Felyndral
I've got all three cities going. :confused:

Pauly7

Magus
Without seeing it, it's quite hard to assess. From what you say I assume that you are trying to shift it to a whole new location which may be difficult without some spare space.

If so, there's two options really - either delete some other buildings to make space and then rebuild them... if that seems like a practical idea... or just delete a bunch of roads, temporarily leaving some buildings disconnected. Then you should have a little wiggle room to shift things enough to get a road connecting your Magic Academy. Then put back the roads. It may not be the permanent solution if you are looking to put it somewhere else, but that will at least get it working until you can get an expansion.

Rose of the South

Adventurer
I haven't tried shifting it Paul, it takes up the entire expansion, how do I delete anything, I'm trying to do another expansion but I have to complete another 4 provinces before I can get one. It would be so much easier if they put in a storage facility, cause now I can't-do a thing as I have to increase the population! Damn! It's driving me crazy! Could you not start a game in that city, Paul?

Pauly7

Magus
Storing stuff would be nice, but unfortunately not possible. By deleting I mean selling buildings. You can do this by click the dollar sign. Some buildings like Magic Academy, the main hall and the barracks can't be sold, but most other things can be. If you sell things you will usually lose a proportion of what you paid for them though, and if you sell something that has been upgraded beyond level 1 then you will lose the resources that you have put into it.

Rose of the South

Adventurer
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're a star Paul;), I sold one residence level 2, so it was no big deal it enabled me to get the road to the magic academy:) I've spent all afternoon and evening trying to figure out a way. Why don't you come into Felyndral? I'm beginning to wish I'd stuck at just the one city now, bit things take so long and I was getting bored. Where in the real world are you? I'm in the UK.

Pauly7

Magus
Why don't you come into Felyndral? I'm beginning to wish I'd stuck at just the one city now, bit things take so long and I was getting bored. Where in the real world are you? I'm in the UK.
Only because having the one city already sucks up way too much of my time, haha. I'm also in the UK.

Rose of the South

Adventurer
Ok, so which city are you in and dare I ask what name do you use, I'm sure I haven't come across a Pauly7 as yet, but then, as I'm a mere 'hatchling' and your an 'apprentice' your city is likely further afield to mine. Whereabouts in the UK, I'm down South, London way.

Ok, what on earth is a 'halfling'?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The terms "halfling" and "apprentice" apply to your status here on the forum only; how many posts you've made determines what tag you have. ;)

Pauly7

Magus
A Halfling is a Hobbit. :)

My name in Arendyll is Pauly7. I think people's forum names are the same as their game names.

I'm kind of down South too, but Oxford way.

Rose of the South

Adventurer
A Halfling is a Hobbit. :)

My name in Arendyll is Pauly7. I think people's forum names are the same as their game names.

I'm kind of down South too, but Oxford way.

I'm a 'Hobbit'? :eek: So if I keep posting on here it goes onto something else? Well, I'm pleased to meet you, metaphorically Paul :) I've been to Oxford a few times, I can't remember the name of the place now, out in the sticks, with a small village several miles away :) I'm close to Hammersmith and Putney, near the Thames. It's ok, it's a place to live. I've definitely not come across you on the map but I noticed this morning lots of new names I'd not seen before. Anyway Once again your help yesterday was invaluable, thank you,

:) Please keep comments respectful.

:rolleyes: Happy gaming Paul. In life I'm Jennie. I don't know why I chose that ridiculous name I'd like to change it, though I'm not sure if I can. I might give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
I'm a 'Hobbit'? :eek: So if I keep posting on here it goes onto something else?
Yeah it changes quite a lot early on. My guess is you're one message away from being something else.
I'm close to Hammersmith and Putney, near the Thames.
Strangely, I was in Hammersmith last week.
I've definitely not come across you on the map but I noticed this morning lots of new names I'd not seen before.
It's quite a big map. :) I looked you up... you're many leagues to the northwest of me.