• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Storage section

DeletedUser8549

Hi,
I wanted to recommend a storage tab where we can store buildings we don;t want to sell. With building dimensions changing as you upgrade buildings it would allow us the freedom to store buildings whilst we reconfigure our town.
I play other online games such as Klondike that have this option and it makes it easier and more enjoyable.

Thanks Twirly

DeletedUser7901

Hi,
I wanted to recommend a storage tab where we can store buildings we don;t want to sell. With building dimensions changing as you upgrade buildings it would allow us the freedom to store buildings whilst we reconfigure our town.
I play other online games such as Klondike that have this option and it makes it easier and more enjoyable.

Thanks Twirly
It's a feature used in Forge of Empires, yes thought the same thing too :)

DeletedUser3571

From what I've seen and heard, this is never going to happen. This has been asked for since the beginning and keeps getting asked and they say no, that its part of the challenge of the game.

DeletedUser8549

Well we can keep asking because eventually everyone will run out of province expansions and they will stop playing if they can't do more-it would be silly of them to ignore if people keep asking- otherwise what is the point of having these forum with suggestions

m4rt1n

Adept
Well we can keep asking because eventually everyone will run out of province expansions and they will stop playing if they can't do more-it would be silly of them to ignore if people keep asking- otherwise what is the point of having these forum with suggestions

Although you are welcome to make the idea, and I respect that, I disagree on the principal that it would take away from the game the special fact that a lot of planning and tough decisions have to be made at times throughout the growth of your city. Making it easy would lead to the game losing it's very niche appeal and I personally would lose that special challenge this game has become, with the tough decisions and all. :)

For example, in the earlier chapters, I have deleted roads to shuffle buildings positions, then replaced the roads afterwards.
Also I have deleted a bigger culture building that is easily rebuild-able to place extra buildings for events.

DeletedUser8549

That ok to disagree m4rt1n as we all entitled to have our opinions. I'm not talking about a large storage just somewhere to put a few important buildings (that aren't necessarily easily replaced)- thats all I'm suggesting. In the other games I play that have this facility it doesn't take away the challenge or the fun in my opinion.

DeletedUser

@Twirly We get what you're saying, and some of us play games that have "storage". But the developers for this game have stated repeatedly that it's not going to happen here. They don't feel it is necessary. Sure, players will continue to ask for it, but since the lack of actual storage makes them money, it's very unlikely they will change their minds.

And there are loads of players, spread out over all of the National servers, who have reached the end of available expansions, and have been there for some time, and the developers have not changed their stance.

DeletedUser5287

Unfortunately I can understand why it will never happen. It would mean re-structuring the way the FA works because we would all just store our buildings and replace after :)

Pauly7

Magus
Whilst it is sometimes frustrating I do think that it would kind of ruin a fundamental part of Elvenar if we were allowed to pack away our whole city and redesign it.

If it were up to me I would make it somehow more challenging than it already is to redesign cities. One thing I like to do is to try to grow my city organically so it appears like the city is growing as one would. I still get involved in some knocking down and moving, of course, but I like to avoid it where possible.

wiccabird

Seeker
Hi,

Thanks Twirly
I strongly agree, it's a must have in this game. Please add this.