• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Storage option

• Thread starter DeletedUser6513
  • Start date

DeletedUser6513

Greetings :)

There should be the availability to store buildings for a short time while you redesign your city so you can move things around more easily and then reposition things.

Would this ever be a possibility?

DeletedUser5532

It sure would be nice, but the devs have said before that this would not be an option, as it is their intention to make this part of the game strategic in your city planning. Sorry to break bad news. Maybe one day they will change their minds, we live in hope.

DeletedUser6513

It sure would be nice, but the devs have said before that this would not be an option, as it is their intention to make this part of the game strategic in your city planning. Sorry to break bad news. Maybe one day they will change their minds, we live in hope.

Bugger! Well that sucks lol. Thanks :)

DeletedUser5381

Well that sucks lol.

Another idea: Innogames has a building swap that they use on FoE. Nothing is put in storage. Building A is moved to a hole that part of Building B is occupying, now Building B is looking for a home. Only works for 1 building at a time.

m4rt1n

Adept
I solve the problem by deleting a large rebuildable culture currently as I'm ch11, but in the early chapters I have removed roads and shuffled things to swap the positions of 2 buildings.

Now I try and plan ahead and use a new expansion to do a little shuffling before occupying it where possible. It adds to the mental fun of the game for me as I love that it is not too easy.

DeletedUser7497

Maybe it's crazy but I like that you can't store buildings. You need to think everything. When moving to the new chapter I usually sell two-three houses to get space I need and the expansions help a lot.

DeletedUser3451

Another idea: Innogames has a building swap that they use on FoE. Nothing is put in storage. Building A is moved to a hole that part of Building B is occupying, now Building B is looking for a home. Only works for 1 building at a time.
that would be great too. i had situations where i would be able to fit 2 buildings perfectly by swapping their places but ended up deleting one of them and rebuilding it on the new spot just because i had no space to put it for the transition. and i don't really get the point of not having this, since it mostly leads to deleting and rebuilding a culture building, which doesn't really cost that much and rarely is vital for the culture balance. if they really expect people to buy expansion just to be able to swap two buildings it's rather dull.

Deleted User - 106219

Well, FoE now has Reconstrcution Mode: https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Reconstruction_Mode It's deceptively simple - makes it much easier to do major changes to your city, but at the same time fitting back everything can be quite challenging. Meanwhile Elvenar doesn't even have the option to swap a buildiong with another building...

Thagdal

Sorcerer

This was also said with the reconstruction mode over at FOE, but every body wanted it so it looks like the Devs caved, so never say never..:)