• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Storage of buildings in summonings!

Snootles

Novice
Not sure if it's been mentioned before,but maybe it should be considered.Having to sell/delete buildings that you love the look of because you don't have enough room,or it gives better resources,is rather sad.You put the effort,or spend to win these buildings,then have to lose them,well that shouldn't really be the only option.Can't you bring in the option of putting these buildings back into storage?Demolish rather than sell and have them put back into summonings.You need to overhaul the game,either add more space to expand,or reduce building size,so you can fit two,or three times the amount of buildings into the same amount of land.I love the look of this game and the fact you add new beautiful buildings to it,but why bother playing if you have to keep those buildings in storage,or lose them,all because of lack of space.Obviously while the money is rolling in you won't take any notice of this,but take a look at Settlers online,currently celebrating 25 years since the first game was produced for the pc and see how they run their ship(prize buildings can be demolished and put back into storage).I just needed to vent a little,sorry,just gets frustrating knowing that unless you spend a fortune you can't play a lovely looking game the way you want.Thankyou.:):p

DeletedUser5976

Any Blueprints you have will be changed into the new spell, which has the same capabilities, and more.

This is what Mufmuf said about the Royal Restoration spell. Unless they change their minds, Blueprints will be a thing of the past and all the Blueprints we're keeping will become Royal Restoration spells. After all people who are not in 10 chest fellowships should also have a chance of upgrading their old event buildings.

DeletedUser6848

As someone who isn’t in a “10 chest” fellowship, so no chance of blueprints/royal restoration, I’d appreciate the option to “move back to inventory” even if I can’t upgrade them without the blueprints. Upgrading the building is different from being able to free up the space for a while. Like at the moment I have masses of culture. If event buildings were rebuildable I might drop a few for now to free up space, then rebuild them later.

Returning a building to the inventory should obviously cost something! A demolition fee if you like. Maybe roughly the equivalent in coins/supplies/goods as you would need to build a regular building with equivalent culture/pop. Maybe a bit more. Maybe a LOT more. Maybe it would be another new spell costing relics and a lot of time to make. That would discourage people doing this willy nilly by making it only worth it for buildings you really wanted to keep.

Jixel

Spellcaster
Even though I will get some RR spells (one day !), I'd still like some kind of "trophy case" for old buildings that are many chapters behind my current one. Even if I could never re-build them, it would be good to be able to look back and say "oh yeah, I remember winning that in the first Winter event" (or whatever), instead of having to choose between a) keeping inefficient buildings around, or b) destroying them forever.

DeletedUser5976

Well a Royal Restoration spell should be available even to those who are not in a 10 chest fellowship. It should be hard to get (perhaps take 5 days to craft or something like that or maybe even 7 days, in keeping with the frequency blueprints can be gained now), but it should be possible.

Lelanya

Mentor
Well a Royal Restoration spell should be available even to those who are not in a 10 chest fellowship. It should be hard to get (perhaps take 5 days to craft or something like that or maybe even 7 days, in keeping with the frequency blueprints can be gained now), but it should be possible.
Hmm but it's more than just the time involved. It's also the 1600 points per person

DeletedUser5976

Hmm but it's more than just the time involved. It's also the 1600 points per person
Yes I know that, but there is little point to changing it to a spell if it can't be crafted and can only be won through tournaments. I am in a 10 chest fellowship, but I would find it unfair if others that are not tourney players are excluded from something like this. Do not forget, keeping your Magic Academy busy for a week has the cost that it cannot produce any other spells that are very useful. And the cost in relics could also be high. Those of us doing tourneys can get relics much easier than those of us that don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
I can't understand why they are calling it a royal restoration spell when it does not restore anything. Restoration means to return something to a former condition. This spell they plan to introduce(at some eventual time in the future) is to upgrade things and not restore them. This spell will certainly not do what it's name implies.

Killiak

Artisan
I can't understand why they are calling it a royal restoration spell when it does not restore anything. Restoration means to return something to a former condition. This spell they plan to introduce(at some eventual time in the future) is to upgrade things and not restore them. This spell will certainly not do what it's name implies.

The "former condition" here is the event building being at your current chapter.
A little bit of mental gymnastics, I suppose :p

Timneh

Artisan
The "former condition" here is the event building being at your current chapter.

That doesn't work for me im afraid as when the spell is used(providing it ever gets released) it will move the building UP TO A NEW LEVEL so there is no kind of restoring taking place.I still think they have got the name wrong but that is just my opinion. Maybe Inno should buy the person that comes up with these names a dictionary lol.

DeletedUser7472

Maybe it will also restore the timer on expiring buildings. That would be too good to be true, but one can always hope...

DeletedUser5976

there is no kind of restoring taking place
Considering they first nerfed a lot of buildings to make this spell possible, I guess the restoration is for those that have lost a lot of culture and pop.

DeletedUser5532

The way that I see it is this.

If you have a Magic Building, and you would like to upgrade the level (well worth doing), then at present you have one of two choices. You can be a part of a large Fellowship that is able to get all 10 chests in a Tournament, or you can pay in premium currency to upgrade using diamonds.

Looking forwards, I highly doubt that Inno Games would remove a source of revenue by enabling us to make these new spells for free, I have won several Blueprints through my Fellowship, and I have also bought diamonds for the purpose of upgrading my Magical Workshops.

I think that the reason Inno are staying silent on the actual details of this new spell, could be for one of two reason.

1. There is no intention of bringing in the new spell, and it was all just a clever rouse to drastically nerf old event buildings, or
2. There will be a real world cost (whether direct purchase or premium currency) to pay, so therefore likely to create a mass of complaints, (better to introduce first , then ignore the criticism).

I personally hope that I am wrong on both counts, and that the changes will come in, as a benefit to the players, but I very much doubt it. Storage still seems the ultimate solution though, so I applaud any request for that.

DeletedUser5540

I would also love to see a way to put your buildings back into storage or somehow still be able to view them. I build my cities for their aesthetic value more than for points, and I just hate it when I have to take out something I love and replace it with something that gives more culture and/or population but is not as appealing to my sense of beauty. Upgrading them is great, if you have that opportunity, but even so you may not want or need them right now but want them back later. So let us save them somewhere, put them back in play later, and upgrade them at that point.

DeletedUser5976

I personally hope that I am wrong on both counts
I think you are wrong. I don't think Inno can be that cynical. The fact they increased the pay up of Wishing Wells may be an indication though that diamonds may figure in the production of these spells. Ach well, all speculation of course since they don't seem to want to tell us anything more at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
I think you are wrong. I don't think Inno can be that cynical. The fact they increased the pay up of Wishing Wells may be an indication though that diamonds may figure in the production of these spells. Ach well, all speculation of course since they don't seem to want to tell us anything more at the moment.

If diamonds do figure, 320 is the amount anyway to upgrade a magic building so that would be fairly pointless.
I hope one day to make one in my magic academy, and suggest the boost relics, maybe 5 of each, so a long production but still available to everyone, not just those who tourney fight (I fight weekly and make 2500-3000), or those who leave a fellowship to join a fighting fellowship and abandon all the guys they help daily, no offense to anyone, I'm talking all the invites I get to leave my elvenar family weekly just to gain a blueprint.
I want to also enjoy the blueprint or new spell as I score enough weekly to get one every week in a fighting fellowship easily, but choose to stay and help my fellow active players keep playing the game without reward currently from Inno.

DeletedUser5976

If diamonds do figure, 320 is the amount anyway to upgrade a magic building so that would be fairly pointless.
As I said just speculation. I also rather see relics and time as the cost of production. But we don't know. Even though they must know by now (since they said that the spell was ready and can't be introduced because it breaks the mobile app), but don't want to tell us.