• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Storage Inventory Creation

Would you build a storage facility if given the opportunity?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MorRil

Seeker
Are there any plans afoot to create a storage inventory for when you want to change the layout of your settlement? I'm not all that charmed with mine and want to make a LOT of changes. Unfortunately I do not have any space for rearrangement so will have to resort to deleting and starting over again.
If there is anybody that can offer some advise please ... that will be really great, thanks.
Maybe the development team can create us a storage area that needs research & building etc. to store our buildings in when we are wanting to recreate our settlements.

DeletedUser

Ok, I am not against it per se, I am against being forced to build another building. If it is optional and deletable, than I am all for it.

As for tips on rearranging? Wait until you unlock an expansion tech and plan it to be when you get an expansion from provinces. 2 empty expansions means you can move almost anything (although moving the main hall in the first 2 chapters was a total pain)

Or at the end of dwarves/fairies/orcs, look ahead and see what shape the new buildings are and rearrange with the future setup in mind. It will be a little inefficient at first, but well worth not jerking around with it once it is full.

MorRil

Seeker
When deleting buildings I have noticed that my score does not remain the same. Maybe I'm just not that clued up in the game as yet, but it's really frustrating when you're in a fellowship and you've worked hard to get to a certain level to have that level yanked away because you have deleted some buildings to create space for a change in the layout of the settlement.

DeletedUser

When deleting buildings I have noticed that my score does not remain the same. Maybe I'm just not that clued up in the game as yet, but it's really frustrating when you're in a fellowship and you've worked hard to get to a certain level to have that level yanked away because you have deleted some buildings to create space for a change in the layout of the settlement.

You are not seeing things. The idea is that you should fill your city with buildings to get the best score. I personally don't give 2 hoots about score and try to design the city for the playstyle I like and ease of use.

DeletedUser363

When you Upgrade a building you can see ranking points, they are what your building is worth, when you sell your building it show's a laurel wreath with a number, that is the number of points you lose for deleting that building

DeletedUser1416

Its not all about score though. I just want the opportunity to rearrange my village a little without having to delete, or wait until I unlock another expansion to wriggle things about. Often just to make room for upgraded buildings.
Waiting for expansions to unlock (if you're purely farming/trading, not buying with real money) takes a long time. And I mean, a VERY long time.

DeletedUser

I am going to say that this will never happen. Inno's master plan for this game is to encourage lack of space and other restrictions, so you can have more "fun" strategizing the way you build your city. To allow this would take away one of those "fun" elements of having to think and work to get it into the shape you want.

DeletedUser2188

It would be really nice to be able to store buildings.. But it should be short term say 8 hours... Any buildings left in storage more than that time should be deleted....
Just My 2 cents...

BekBel

Adventurer
Probably the best buildings to delete when you're just rearranging things is culture buildings, because they don't actually make your score drop down, and they are pretty big so you get a lot of room from them. But then you have to rebuild them again, and make sure you take into account where they need to go when rearranging your city.
I always use Elvenar Architect before actually rearranging my city, so I can be sure it will all fit okay before actually messing my city up. Although my Arendyll city is a bit of a mess right now as I try to unlock the expansions at the top, behind my houses, to shove culture buildings in there.

DeletedUser1345

....But it should be short term say 8 hours... Any buildings left in storage more than that time should be deleted....
Just My 2 cents...

That seems rather severe - many circumstances beyond one's control could result in buildings left in "storage" for more than 8 hours ; power outage, computer malfunction (including a malware/virus attack), a call-in to work, unforeseen family situation or some other emergency, etc., etc.

That said, a storage-space would be mighty handy. ;)

MorRil

Seeker
That seems rather severe - many circumstances beyond one's control could result in buildings left in "storage" for more than 8 hours ; power outage, computer malfunction (including a malware/virus attack), a call-in to work, unforeseen family situation or some other emergency, etc., etc.

That said, a storage-space would be mighty handy. ;)
Unfortunately life happens when you've made plans, lighteye-elf. I agree with the 8 hours though ... gives some form of leeway

DeletedUser1832

Yeah I like the idea of the time limit on storage too. Shouldn't be able to just leave it there for long periods of time. If can't do the move around in an 8 hour period then shouldn't have started the moves.

DeletedUser2378

I'm not all that charmed with mine and want to make a LOT of changes. Unfortunately I do not have any space for rearrangement so will have to resort to deleting and starting over again.
If there is anybody that can offer some advise please ... that will be really great, thanks.
Maybe the development team can create us a storage area that needs research & building etc. to store our buildings in when we are wanting to recreate our settlements.

Getting an expansion to help you move things around, is the only way out of this, MorRil, in my experience.
Also, use some space-saving tips (i.e. not many roads, and/or roads in straight lines.
And, last but not least, as is already mentioned above - Deleting smaller Culture
[or, other, I would add] buildings.
Maybe all the 3 I mentioned would be needed for an effective clearing & re-arrangement!

Hope that helps!
:)

EDIT: I feel that the Storage place should be either for an hour or two, OR -even better- for a day or two,
if not for more, i.e. forever!
EDIT2: I haven't found the Elvenar Architect to be any helpful with me - but, then again,
that's my own personal opinion
;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser363

Various other suggestions have frequently been put in the forum to enable us to rearrange our buildings more easily (and therefore enjoy the game more). they are usually rejected under the premise they would detract from our enjoyment as we should plan our villages differently......of course, because we are all psychic and know each change of building shape that will be thrown at us in the next race.
I would really like something to enable us to rearrange more easily, and hope the dev's do listen at some point:D

DeletedUser441

I'd need over ten expansions just to upgrade all my residences to the Orc requirement , so I won't be researching the Orc chapter. I still have to build the added Ancient Wonders from the Elven chapter and will only just have enough space even after solving over 230 Provinces(after I sell off the Fairy portal and farms). It already takes two hours a day to do my neighbourly help so more Provinces would be a waste of my time in more ways than one. Developers are not thinking of how new additions affect gameplay.

DeletedUser363

I still have to build the added Ancient Wonders from the Elven chapter
I only build the AW's I actually want...which so far is 1 of them, the other 2 I wouldn't mind I have no space for...and can't see me having space in the distant future (let alone the near future);)

DeletedUser1829

oldskoolrx7 and Tikococo have stated it from the devs. They have made it quite clear they see part of the challenge of the game is how to build and design the town without a storage or rotation ability. Tips on using new expansions, willingness to delete certain buildings, maintaining some free/variable space (easier at higher levels) are about all we have as options. Of course websites like Elven Architect are also fantastic tools to help with this.

@Brienne if you upgrade all of your elf houses to orc ones then you have increased your residential "zone". If your plan is to increase residential "zoning" then great, if not you will have to delete some elven houses at some point until you residential zone is at the size you desire. This was effectively stated by one of the community managers (think it was a CM not a mod).

DeletedUser

Many players have suggested this and similar things in the past, and the response has always been that this will definitely not be added (I seem to recall the devs stating this in Q&A videos) as it reduces the challenge. Since said "challenge" is now being pushed to its absolute limit with massive space restrictions being implemented parallel to more buildings having to be built, it's highly unlikely they would implement something to alleviate that problem as this would make their statements re. challenge bogus. On second thoughts, forget that. They never seem worried about contradicting themselves. Maybe it will be implemented as a diamond only feature :p