• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Storage for buildings, friendlist, HP-bar and more

DeletedUser5091

Storage for buildings:
I'm a growing player and i must say that the holiday buildings are a nice touch to the game. There is only one problem. I'm growing and the buildings will later be bad or mostly useless but i don't want to delete them. I like to have a trophie from the events that have passed. I haven't played this game for long, so i do not know if most "Special buildings" will come back at other events like the traveling Mercants. That why i will propose this idea!
  1. A building that can store holiday buildings - This could be a great idea so we can store those special buildings we already have placed. A extra bonus could be that we still get the benefits from the buildings like culture, populations, units and more. But this could get a little overpowered in the long run if you are already a grown player. Therefore a "limit" could be set and then you have to upgrade to pass this limit.
  2. Taking "Special buildings" back into the inventory - Another solution could be to summon the buildings back into the inventory. You could make a new enchantment that you had to gain to do so if a cost should be added. Or else it could be a nice touch to the game.
Friendlist
Elvenar is a social game. We get to visit our neighbors and we get to be in a fellowship but why can't we have friends? I may join different fellowships in my player period and moving fellowship can result in not finding my old mates again. Therefore losing some good friendships. Another thing could be if you are automatic moved and lose a neighbor you were fond with. I know that you can send messengers to people and therefore still visit them but you can't do much in their city. Therefore i think that the friendship should have some benefits:
  1. Neighbor visit - We should be able to visit and help our friends. Friends are there to help eachother out.
  2. Trader fees - There shall be none trader fees to trade with friends as you know their location.
Health bar with numbers
Health is an important factor when you fight against enemies and don't have many units. You have the standard red and green bars but to know what specific your health is you have to look closely at it. There for a health bar with numbers could be useful

"Show Diamond confirmation" should be automatic on
I'm a fast clicker and usually i don't expect a sudden purchase of gems to pop up out of nowhere. Sadly i learned it the hard way by spending around 50+ gems on dead troops (archers). The diamont confirmation should be automatic on from the begining just like the "Allow automatic movement to better position". This could save some frustrations.

Use ressources from old chapters

I have been looking at the research tree and what kinda disapoints me is that you have to gain a huge amount of a certain ressource for one chapter but the next chapter its replaced with another ressource. If this continue you have to waste ressources just to research and come to the next chapter to repeat the cycle. Do we even have space for all the ressources that we must collect if we want to have every goods buildings?

Show enemies in province
When you first start the game you start of with Sword dancers, archers and treants. You lack magic and heavy ranged and therefore will certains provinces be hard to beat. Therefore a preview of the enemies could be a nice touch to new players so they don't kill of a lot of troops that could be usefull in the late game.

Online activity shown in Fellowships
This could be a little "Creepy" to know the online activity of people, but a lot of fellowships have the rules that people must be online atleast every day or three times pr. week. I don't know how the view from an Archmage is but to see if people are online or haven't been online for days could be a nice touch so Archmages could sorte the inactive players out.

World chat
It could be nice to know other players than just your area. The west have a world chat and other game do have to. This could be an excellent way to get to know people and ask for advice if you have some troubles. You could also ask people to help you out if you're in a need and people could have a jolly time in the worlds.

When upgrading show the normal value and not the culture affected value
It usefull to know what a building will give you without the influence of culture buildings. To know these things you should either have a culture value of 100% or look up the wiki. A nice touch to this feature could be that if you hover over the new value, the culture values for 100%, 125% and so on will stand there.

New feature - Goods instanst
We got instants for tools and gold but why not goods? This could be incredible useful tool as i mostly always need goods.

Moving to buildings at the same time
I've been into problems where i want to swap to buildings but i can't because i don't have space to move one of the buildings another place. Therefore a swapping of the buildings places could be incredible useful, so we don't have to move around every building to do this.

Announcement when people donate to your Ancients wonders
I really miss this feature. Sometimes you can overlook your Ancients wonders because you don't have the KP to expand it but a fella comes by and donate a huge amount. Thus a notification could be nice to let us know - also so we can thank them right away.

That's all for now folks! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
Online activity shown in Fellowships
This could be a little "Creepy" to know but a lot of fellowships have the rules that people must be online atleast every day or three times pr. week. I don't know how the view from an Archmage is but to see if people are online or haven't been online for days could be a nice touch so Archmages could sorte the inactive players out.

I love a lot of your suggestions Hoxyo. For this particular one, I wanted to make sure you knew about the "/who" function in the chat window. It can be particularly helpful to see which fellows are logged in at a particular moment. It does not guarantee that they are looking at the screen, but has saved me when I need a particular good to complete a quest. Of course, your idea is much more comprehensive and would be of value to track over time rather than at a moment in time.

We got instants for tools and gold but why not goods?

I believe we already have this, in a fashion (via the Time instants). The gold and supplies instants are based on the storage capacity of an individual's Main Hall. Since there is no limit for goods storage, it makes sense (in my mind) to have the instant to reduce the time for a particular production.

Announcement when people donate to your Ancients wonders
I definitely like this one. But I know there was a push to limit certain notifications because many people rely on them to track Neighborly Help. Even trades over the course of a work day can bump those Helps off the list. I think I remember one suggestion to keep NH as a separate list for this reason.

Unfortunately, I think I also remember that many features suggested would increase the data storage requirements for each city and this would slow down performance. None the less, very good feedback and thought here.