• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Stop requirements of X amount of workshops

DeletedUser8844

Hi.

So i've run into a bit of a problem. I'm now in Amuni chapter.
I've reached the quest that requires 5 Workshops at Level 30

In elementals wasn't too big of a deal because quest was at end of the chapter to have 5 workshops at Level 28.

This is my problem. I don't need workshops anymore. I have ZERO in my city.
My Endless Excavation and Prosperity towers are leveled enough that they supply all the supplies I need to
run my military training buildings 24/7 (they - EE and PT - aren't even really that high of a level either)

Now add in a few of my set buildings, especially one that gives 90K supplies a day.
And well ... I'm now well over my daily requirements of supplies.

For events and such, I just build a bunch of the tier 1 buildings and away I go.

So now I'm stuck in the quest line of Amuni at a very early stage of the chapter.

I'm being penalized because I thought outside of the box and how to get rid of my workshops, to free up population and space.
And since I need less population...I also have fewer Residential Buildings than most other players. I can't be the only one
running into this problem. And with the new phoenix buildings, that also supply a good amount of supplies for those of us
in later chapters....workshops become less important.

So I would ask / suggest that you relook at the workshop quests for later chapters. They become problematic for some of us.
If I had started pushing the levels for the EE and PT sooner. I would have had problems in halflings chapter already.

Pauly7

Magus
You could do as I do and ignore the storyline quests. They are only designed to funnel us all like sheep into having the exact same city. If you ignore them you will still pick some up as you go, then at the end of the chapter you will pick up most of the others except for the ones that you didn't want to do anyway. The only downside is that you will also miss the ones that say "produce X number of Y", because the opportunity might have gone by then.

DeletedUser8844

Oh I know. I personally don't care.
It's for others and to not have a requirement that seems out of line.

It just seems silly you get locked down on being able to do the quests for a requirement that you have no reason to meet.

pobble

Spellcaster
I have the same problem with the "5 workshops" quest in Elementals. I have no need for 5. I have a big surplus of tools with 4.
I will be stuck on that quest until I reach the Amuni - disappointing that I will almost immediately get stuck on a similar quest!

Pauly7

Magus
It just seems silly you get locked down on being able to do the quests for a requirement that you have no reason to meet.
I have the same problem with the "5 workshops" quest in Elementals. I have no need for 5
I agree entirely, but then again I think the same thing when it asks me to build some large culture building or when it asked me to build X number of Weeping Willows in Woodelves even though they are not efficient mana producers at any stage of the game. Those quests are the game devs trying to make everyone build their cities in the exact same way and I am eternally confused as to why that is rewarded.

DeletedUser8844

actually i don't mind those buildings or making x amount of a quest race building.
because its a 1 time deal and its over.

the time involved to make 5 workshops level 30. when i have none. thats the crazy part
thats WAY longer than making a special culture building.

I was like pobble. i had 4 in elementals. was already thinking of downgrading. then i got my EE up 2 levels and the new set building gave me 90k extra a day in supplies...well. don't need workshops anymore

pobble

Spellcaster
To build a workshop from zero to level 30 (plus the extra residence also to top level to give the population needed to build it), takes weeks even if you aren't using your builders to do any other upgrades. Just so I can immediately knock them down again. No thanks.

I do agree that having to build a specific culture building that you don't want isn't very helpful either. But at least it only takes a day or so to do.

DeletedUser5532

This is my problem. I don't need workshops anymore. I have ZERO in my city.

I would argue that in order to complete the quest, you indeed do need workshops. The story line quests are aimed at the average player, and as such we find some of them easy, some of them challenging, and some down right crazy hard. This I believe is an intentional aspect of the game to challenge us , if we choose, when embarking on the quests.

I believe the only thing preventing you from completing this quest is your in game choices, and as frustrating as that may sound, it is up to you whether you choose to complete the quest, or ignore the quest, until such a time as you are in the next chapter and can then decline it .

DeletedUser5093

I support the original suggestion. Once your city is quite advanced you generally have other sources of supplies than workshops, and some of them are really good. 5 workshops is a lot, and it's entirely possible to have sufficient supply production with less than that, so at the very least this should be a declinable quest when you get it, not just at the very end of the chapter.

DeletedUser5287

I have 5 workshops and will be reducing them so I guess when I get there it's just a case of not doing the quests till I can decline at the end of the chapter. It is unfair to make us put buildings in our city if we don't need them so we can move through the chapter quests. Would have been better if they had made it a declinable one.

Deleted User - 341074

While I agree with the complaint, what can the devs do to challenge us quest-wise?
  • "Have x residences level y" - No thanks, Phoenix cults are way better, so I have no res
  • "Have x workshops level y" - No thanks, my sets, and AW are way better, so I have no ws
  • "Have x factories level y" - No thanks, my sets give me far more than I need, I have no normal factories
  • "Build this culture building" - No thanks, every event building is better than that
  • "Have this many guest race thingies" - No thanks, I have a bunch of Portal Profits
So does anyone have suggestions for quests that they would find both interesting/challenging and rewarding that a majority of players would enjoy?

Timneh

Artisan
I believe that some people wade through those quests just for the diamonds they give at the end of the chapter so if all the quests were declinable the diamonds would get removed as well. I actually save them up along with the ones i get from wishing wells and then use them to buy premium expansions

Deleted User - 341074

No, but the obvious answer would be to make them all declinable from the get go rather than waiting until the end of the chapter and thus possibly losing out on some other quests also.
That's just it though, if they are going to make any quest declinable if it doesn't suit a particular playstyle, then why not just make all quests declinable all the time?
Probably because we'd skip every single one except the 200 diamonds.
Maybe they should make all quests declinable, but reduce the diamond reward by a little each time. Or make all quests actually rewarding instead of the pathetic rewards they currently give.

Pauly7

Magus
That's just it though, if they are going to make any quest declinable if it doesn't suit a particular playstyle, then why not just make all quests declinable all the time?
Probably because we'd skip every single one except the 200 diamonds.
Not necessarily though, because once you got to the end of that chapter's quests there would be no more to do until you entered the next one, so you might as well complete the ones that are convenient or fit your playing style.

DeletedUser5093

Perhaps the solution is multiple choice quests, same as what we get in the events? For example, something like "Have 5 level X workshops, or gain YYYYY supplies." That way those whose play style involves having several workshops can simply upgrade their workshops, and those who get their supplies from other means have a challenging but doable means of completing the quest. Both options are similar though, so if the purpose of the quest is to ensure your supply production is above a certain level, then either method will achieve it.

For residence quests, they could be changed to something like "Have 20 houses above level X, or YYYYY total population." Likewise, the purpose of the quest is to have a higher population, so either method will achieve it, which should cater for the various different play styles out there.

Susie49

Soothsayer
I like your suggestion too Ulysses. I thought that when you started a new chapter all quests from previous chapters disappeared, but now I am nearly at the end of elementals a non-declinable workshop quest pops up from the dwarf chapter! So do quests never disappear?

DeletedUser3097

I like your suggestion too Ulysses. I thought that when you started a new chapter all quests from previous chapters disappeared, but now I am nearly at the end of elementals a non-declinable workshop quest pops up from the dwarf chapter! So do quests never disappear?
Please contact Support so we can check this for you, @Susie49 .