• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Stop giving us Tier3 goods from event buildings

DeletedUser5093

For the last several major events the major prizes all include very powerful buildings that produce a huge quantity of Tier3 goods. This means that across the game the total production of Tier3 goods has increased drastically in a short space of time, while demand is largely unchanged, resulting in an extreme over-abundance of Tier3 goods, which are now unreasonably difficult to sell. We are also seeing much more cross-tier trades as part of this.

This inflation is only going to get worse with the upcoming summer event, where the major prize is yet another building capable of giving lots of Tier3 goods.

To loosely summarise the productions per 24 hours of the recent and upcoming additions:
Summer event major prize building at level 10 (chapter 6/7/8): about 1 manufactories worth.
Jester's Tavern: about 3 manufactories worth with all link bonuses.
Revelers Fountain (chapter 6/7/8): about 2 manufactories worth with all link bonuses.
Marching band (chapter 6/7/8): about 1 manufactories worth with all link bonuses.
Stable of the Snow Owl (chapter 6/7/8): 0.5-1 manufactories worth with 1 link bonus.
Yetis Santa Xmas Factory (chapter 6/7/8): 0.5-1 manufactories worth with 1 link bonus.
Frost carved Xmas Tree (chapter 6/7/8): about 2 manufactories worth with 2 link bonuses.
Sled Carousel: about 1 manufactories worth with 2 link bonuses.

In the same time, we've had hardly any buildings that could give similar quantities of other tiers of goods, so we've seen a very uneven increase in production across the tiers.

To combat this severe inflation, or at least prevent it from getting any worse, could we please see less event buildings that give us tons of tier3 goods, and instead see buildings that give us other things.

Perhaps the next major event buildings could give other tiers, or something else like supplies/mana/seeds/etc, or maybe they could be pure population and/or culture buildings. Or maybe we could choose what they produce? Select between a 1 day production of either Tier1, Tier2, Tier3, or something else? I honestly don't have a preference, I just want to see the severe inflation issue addressed.

DeletedUser7797

I’m against this idea. Current tier3 goods building is very good to save spaces. And after org and goblins chapter, you will get a lot of mana instead of tier 3 goods. Invo is doing very good

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i agree with jesspoo2, i won a Revellers fountain in Orcs and when i place it im going to use 9 rr spells to uprade it for 22500 mana a day as im now in woodelves.
Never hear anyone complaining about having too much mana or divine seeds:p
Just remember all set buildings are upgradeable, which is why we have rr spells.
And if you cant trade excess t3 away, negotiate a few tournaments or provinces and it will soon deplete your oversupply... cant believe people are complaining about having too much...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
if you cant trade excess t3 away, negotiate a few tournaments or provinces and it will soon deplete your oversupply

Tournament and Province Encounters require the same amounts of every tier of goods (mid game and later). While you can deplete your lower tier goods this way, there remains a oversupply of T3. No problem so far - you produced them cheap, just let them pile up. However, most players, when they see a lack of T1, and an huge amount of T3 do the obvious: they try to trade T1 for T3. Still no problem (well, there is, but that's another story), that's what trade is for. But when almost everybody has too much T3 and too little T1, less and less players can and will accept such cross tier trades. At some point, the market will be clogged with trades that nobody wants, and the players posting them will get mad because nobody accepts them.

The problem isn't new, and I think the unfortunate trading ratios for cross tiers are the major issue. Still, with the new powerful set buildings, the situation severely worsened.

Perhaps the next major event buildings could give other tiers, or something else like supplies/mana/seeds/etc, or maybe they could be pure population and/or culture buildings.

Yes, anything but T3 buildings.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Tournament and Province Encounters require the same amounts of every tier of goods (mid game and later).

In my experience this isn't true. I make:
planks 317856/day
scrolls 389664/day
(Lets ignore t3 cos I use MM spells on t3 and have some event buildings producing t3)

Now, not every day is those numbers (that's 5 x 3 hour, 1 x 9 hour) but 5 or 6 days a week are, and anyway, the numbers will stay the same relatively as I never set a planks production w/o a scrolls one and vice versa.

I fight 70-90% of my tourney encounters, and in between chapters, its the only place I spend t1 and t2. Despite making 18.5% extra t2 than t1, t2 quantities have dropped faster than t1 for a year or so. Every chance I have I try to re-balance with an extra t2 factory, and its never enough.

I more than agree with the original post, there is a trading imbalance with too much t3 flooding the market atm.

DeletedUser1874

I think they balance this keeping the latest chapters in mind more than the older ones. For those who are in the latest chapter, I don't think there's an inflation issue with T3 goods, that's not been my case for the past 3 chapters at least. They're actually the hardest for me to replenish, I only use my MM spells on T3 manufactories. What I personally have unnecessarily high amounts of right now is mana - I've never ever came close to go below 500k during the construct chapter, and that's a rather intensive chapter mana-wise. Not that I'm complaining about it... still, more seeds and orcs could be nice. What I'm trying to say is that people at different points of the game will always have a surplus of some stuff, and a lack of other stuff. It's not ideal, of course, but I think it's inevitable with the "chaptered" structure of the game. That being said,

Or maybe we could choose what they produce? Select between a 1 day production of either Tier1, Tier2, Tier3, or something else? I honestly don't have a preference, I just want to see the severe inflation issue addressed.
This would be brilliant. Kind of like the Ferris Wheel, but with goods. Yeah, I'd absolutely love that.

m4rt1n

Adept
Just looking at the trades on Arendyll it is obvious to me that everyone except brand new players is flooded with T3 goods following recent events.
My fellowship is also flooded with T3 and we vary in score form 1000 pts to 600k+ pts.
The problem lies in my opinion with players having this T3 from events, so then not bothering to produce T1 and T2 anymore thinking the trades will supply it. That leaves a game wide shortfall of T1 and T2 goods unfortunately and I would like a player who hasn't seen this shortfall to explain how please.
Why can't inno balance the prizes across all 3 tiers of goods in the earlier chapter prizes?

Timneh

Artisan
I can't help thinking that none of the devs or anyone from the Elvenar team actually play the game they make, if they did they would be able to see this T3 goods flood and find a solution.
Stop throwing so many events at us would be one way to ease it but i think that might upset a lot of players.

DeletedUser5093

I recently listed some trades offering tier3 for tier1 at a ratio of 1:4, which is the best the game will allow me to place, and most remain up over a day later despite being in a very active neighbourhood, and the trade sizes being small enough that all but the tiniest of cities would be able to afford them. Once upon a time, trades at such a good ratio would have been snapped up, despite being cross tier. The market is swamped, and something needs to be done.

Incidentally, I calculated my production costs for my tier3 goods and tier1 goods, given than I get a lot of tier3 for free from event buildings, and it works out that my tier3 only costs about 4 times as much as my tier1 goods, per unit. This means 1:4 is a "fair" trade, based on production costs only. I'd be willing to place 1:1 trades but the game simply won't let me.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
I recently listed some trades offering tier3 for tier1 at a ratio of 1:4, which is the best the game will allow me to place, and most remain up over a day later despite being in a very active neighbourhood, and the trade sizes being small enough that all but the tiniest of cities would be able to afford them.
Just to play devil's advocate - if the 1:4 trades aren't being accepted you can trade T3 -> T2 at 1:1.

It doesn't solve the issue at hand and I still agree entirely with the OP, plus I know that this will just split all the excess between T3 and T2, but this is a possible short term option.

DeletedUser5093

Just to play devil's advocate - if the 1:4 trades aren't being accepted you can trade T3 -> T2 at 1:1.
The trades were all accepted eventually, it just took several days. I'll have a go at the t3:t2 trades, just to see what happens. My point is mainly that this is a good indication of just how bad the situation is: even trades placed at the best possible ratio are sufficiently undesirable that they take a long time to be accepted even in very active areas.

DeletedUser5532

I would imagine the response to the issue of having too much T3 materials from event buildings, would be to nerf those buildings. After all, Inno are not shy about nerfing things that we already have .