• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Stonehenge dilemma

alsael

Enchanter
If you have a low chapter city(say chapter 5),should you built your stonehenge,or "save" the artifacts and wait for a later stonehenge offering(if there is going to be one)?
Being at a higher chapter(not having to upgrade it) would save lots of RR spells...

Pauly7

Magus
Interesting idea and the type of fellowship you are in might answer your question. If you are picking up a regular supply of blueprints then upgrading it once a chapter should be doable.

I'm also really not sure that there will be anything else to use those artifacts on as they are specifically "stonehenge artifacts".

Deleted User - 1759805

It's an interesting idea indeed. I probably wouldn't place Stonehenge if you got it in the very low chapter even if you could get to L10. Now, if you don't find better use for spell fragments (these worth a lot in disenchanting), I'd say keep it, we may get another Stonehenge event later on - but you may potentially wait for a year or more. Or it may never come.

But really, your alternatives are to disenchant and use spell fragments (also not sure that you'll get that much value crafting in the low chapters), or just keep these in your inventory. And you can always disenchant them later if really needed.

DeletedUser8921

I have a Stonehenge I got in chapter 3 that I could upgrade to level 9. I'm not planning to place it. I have plenty of stuff to disenchant, so I think I'm just going to let it and my evolutions sit in my inventory. It's not really worth it for me to place it in my city. I am in a 6-chest alliance, and all my RRs are going to go to upgrading my fire phoenix. (I will have enough after the next tournament to upgrade it to chapter 2, and I just entered chapter 4.)

DeletedUser8921

MinMax, crafting can be decent value in lower chapters. I have a traveling Merchant II and a traveling Merchant III from chapters 3 and 2 respectively, and they are worth the space they take up in my city. Maybe when I get a few chapters on I'll replace them, but having the goods along the way is useful. I haven't even made a tier 3 factory yet (it's on my to-do list). The Travelling Merchant III has supplied all my research, negotiating, building and catering needs. (Which granted are quite modest.)

Deleted User - 1759805

MinMax, crafting can be decent value in lower chapters. I have a traveling Merchant II and a traveling Merchant III from chapters 3 and 2 respectively, and they are worth the space they take up in my city. Maybe when I get a few chapters on I'll replace them, but having the goods along the way is useful. I haven't even made a tier 3 factory yet (it's on my to-do list). The Travelling Merchant III has supplied all my research, negotiating, building and catering needs. (Which granted are quite modest.)
My point was not that crafting in general is useless in lower chapters - it's not. However, anything you craft in those chapters you will quickly outgrow. So if you disenchant Artifacts (which are chapter-agnostic) into spell fragments, and craft something with those fragments in low chapters, that would be poor value IMO comparing to using these Artifacts to evolve the building at some later time.

DeletedUser8921

You're ignoring the time value of resources. If I waited to craft a Traveling Merchant, I'd forfeit all the resources I have gained from it while I'm growing. So I'm basically trading a few relics and spell fragments for a lot of resources. Of course it helps that my playstyle is A Slow Walk Through Elvenar. I'm not planning to finish chapter 4 until I get at least 2 AWs to level 5.