• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Steel T1 boost and Events

• Thread starter DeletedUser8409
  • Start date

DeletedUser8409

Registered to post this and posted it in the event thread but I hope you don't mind me creating this thread as its not specific to this event but is a major curse for literally every event of this style it seems.

Can I say please how unfair the T1 boost quest is for Steel players. Given most of us, if not everyone, is creating Level 1 T1's in order to fulfill the quest and not using merely the T1s you generally have anyway . . . if you have Steel as your boost then you need to place a 2x2 building whereas if you've got another boost you can place 2x1 buildings and get literally twice as many buildings in the same space.

I have seen players with say 40 T1s if they're planks or marble, but that would only be 20 T1s if they're steel and I don't see any measurable benefit steel players get for this. Its very unfair as we're not on a level playing field.

Why not make it "any T1" rather than "T1 boost" next event? Then everyone can be on a level playing field.

It was always harder to reach the end of the quest series but there was enough time so didn't complain, but now that the quests are endless this is a major problem. Whereas previously marble/planks players might finish a bit quicker, now we literally get punished all 25 days just because our boost happens to be one that takes twice as much space as other players boosts. If the quests are to be endless that is more fun but we should get the same playing field to play on (obviously diamond players having a bigger field is reasonable, but it seems you're better off being a free player with marble than a diamond player with steel).

Killiak

Artisan
Since my boost is Marble I am one of the lucky ones, but it is a common problem and one that is prevalent in our fellowship.
Every player will be strapped for space, wether that's due to guest races, Wishing Well farms, or just not having all the expansions yet.

Events meant for every player needs to be equally accesible and attainable.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Can I say please how unfair the T1 boost quest is for Steel players.
Not just steel though, also planks for humans are 2x2. So basically only marble boosted players always have the advantage, planks boosted only if they're elven. Steel boosted players are always f*cked, plank boosted players only if they're human.

Unfortunately just like you I am steel boosted (elven, not that it matters), so I have had a disadvantage for every event as well and it's becoming rather bothersome indeed. Being able to produce ANY tier 1 good to complete those quests would indeed be fairest to all. Because it's not like we chose to be steel boosted, that was done by ElvenaRNG... To keep productions between all cities rather balanced. Well, it'd be nice if the events were balanced too then, between all players!

This has been mentioned a lot but the devs just seem to be sticking thier heads in the sand and ignoring the issue.
A lot apparently has not been enough, so spam them more!

@Dizzy Lizzie @Muf-Muf @Rilian, might this be something you could pass on to the developers? We've had enough events now where it has been unfair to all steel boosted players and half of all planks boosted players (assuming ElvenaRNG kept the proportions equal)... How about we all get the same advantage on the next event?

Last edited:

DeletedUser8409

Playing as an Elf I didn't think about Human planks that's a good point C-Nymph. So assuming RNG is even literally half the players get a major advantage over the other half. Changing the quest to "any T1" would be a very simple fix for this.

Moderators please don't merge this with general feedback for this specific event. It isn't about this specific event, it is an issue with every event of this style.

DeletedUser8632

Inno: "We feel managing space is an integral part of game play. Elvenar challenges players in a unique way to manage a combination of resources and space while still giving all players a balanced system that allows everybody the same chance to build their dreams city"

Event clearly disadvantages 50% of all players:

Inno: "Yeah, bad luck"

DeletedUser7526

Inno should just copy-paste the code they use for challenges... where any t1 manufactory counts. I believe their challenge re-model would have been their testing field, so still hopeful that one day, a very special day and within my lifetime, they will deliver this so its fair for all...
(PS : by fairness I mean event T1 manufactories. Still not talking about optional SS upgrades issue)

DeletedUser2139

Exactly my thoughts RandBlade!!
Events are supposed to be something that is fair for all the players + enjoyable at the same time. That's what I understand from the InnoGames' claims and post. I really love most of the buildings' designs and what not, however, these kind of details are indeed can be frustrating. I've started as human race and planks is my T1 boost so I'm also having the same problem.

Hopefully, devs can pay attention soon to this.

DeletedUser1874

I've been saying this for months now, and the last challenge proved they have the tech to make this happen already. So why don't they implement this in events remains a mystery more obscure than the nature of the post-abyssal sephiroth, given that the only rational explanation would be unmotivated hatred towards those with 2x2 boosted T1s.

DeletedUser8921

Even if they made it any factory, people with 2x2 boosted t1s would still be at a disadvantage. Either we'd have to build the bigger buildings or put in a lot of t1 factories that produce almost nothing. t1 factory production is already low, but non-boosted t1 factories produce basically nothing.

DeletedUser7526

Even if they made it any factory, people with 2x2 boosted t1s would still be at a disadvantage. Either we'd have to build the bigger buildings or put in a lot of t1 factories that produce almost nothing. t1 factory production is already low, but non-boosted t1 factories produce basically nothing.
Crowella. Level 1 T1s are not to build up stock but to complete event quests

Deleted User - 384643

It really shouldn't be too hard for the devs to change [boosted] T1 manufactory quests to any T1 manufactory quest.
Hopefully this thread will alert them to this longtime issue that penalizes all steel boost (and human plank boost) players during events.

DeletedUser8921

Crowella. Level 1 T1s are not to build up stock but to complete event quests

This may be true for some players. I prefer to produce efficiently wherever possible, including during events.

Deleted User - 1759805

This may be true for some players. I prefer to produce efficiently wherever possible, including during events.
By the time you get your boost to any meaningful level, L1 production becomes immaterial. 8 times nothing is still nothing. There is still slight disadvantage for earlier game players as the number of their regular T1s would be less as manus themselves are bigger. And you can use regular T1s for quest completion as well. Still, that would be a small thing comparing with 2x requirements for temporary L1 as they have now.

DeletedUser8921

My current steel boost is 510%. Although the 39 steel I get every 3 hours from a level 1 manufactory is only a tiny amount of my production, assuming 10 level 1 factories I'd rather be getting 390 steel every 3 hours than 30 marble.

Not everyone plays at breakneck speed. Some of us have smaller cities and progress more slowly -- by choice. For us, efficiency still matters.

Personally I don't find having a steel boost to be that much of a handicap, even though I have a much smaller city than most people who post on the forum (currently 24 expansions). I just plan around it. I have space for 27 "extra" 2x2 buildings for events. I could get 30 in with a little rearranging, but I am finding that that number is more than adequate.

Killiak

Artisan
For us, efficiency still matters.

Personally I don't find having a steel boost to be that much of a handicap, even though I have a much smaller city than most people who post on the forum (currently 24 expansions). I just plan around it. I have space for 27 "extra" 2x2 buildings for events. I could get 30 in with a little rearranging, but I am finding that that number is more than adequate.

Getting in 54 - 60 event T1 buildings would be a lot more efficiënt then.
Hey, your choice, but we are going to be in disagreement on this forever.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
My current steel boost is 510%. Although the 39 steel I get every 3 hours from a level 1 manufactory is only a tiny amount of my production, assuming 10 level 1 factories I'd rather be getting 390 steel every 3 hours than 30 marble.

Not everyone plays at breakneck speed. Some of us have smaller cities and progress more slowly -- by choice. For us, efficiency still matters.

Your regular manufactories take care of your normal goods income I presume, so the 'extra goods' you make during an event on lvl1 T1's is not something you (should) count on. Space is what is most important in events, space = efficiency. So being able to build 2x1's instead of 2x2's is always more efficient. What they produce is merely a drop in the ocean.

DeletedUser8921

I count on production being lower during events because of the longer production times. (Usually I have 4-5 3-hour and one 9-hour productions per day for my manufactories and multiple 15-minute and 1-hour productions from my workshops.) So I stock up, especially on supplies, before the event. But everything I do produce matters.

DeletedUser7526

But everything I do produce matters.
You will see it doesn't very soon. Even with a couple of upgrades. Try counting how much you make with your main manufactories / workshop and level 1's per day and calculate the fraction (or %). You will see what C-Nymph refers to as "drop in a ocean".