• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Steel T1 boost and Events

• Thread starter DeletedUser8409
  • Start date

DeletedUser7995

If the quest requires a 2x2 Manu (steel for elven) then you should only require to produce half the number as you can only build half the number of buildings. That would make it fairer

DeletedUser6357

Figuratively speaking, you are still learning the letters of the game.
Substantial yields come later when the game includes AWs.

upload_2019-8-22_16-44-23.png

Pauly7

Magus
@JollyElf is right. For me a level 27 marble manufactory produces 3,767 marble in 3 hrs. A level 1 will give me 26. I'd have to be collecting from about 50 of them to make it a meaningful collection. It does make a difference in earlier chapters though.

It is completely right for people to make this request, but don't imagine that the Inno devs are going to reply to these messages and go "Oh OK, I see your point, we'll work on changing that." It would be nice, but just not their MO. It has been mentioned on previous events, but never strongly like this time. The hope is that they have silently taken note and it will be different next time, but we won't be given any hint before then.

DeletedUser8921

Figuratively speaking, you are still learning the letters of the game.
Substantial yields come later when the game includes AWs.

Your point only reinforces mine. Giving people the option to use their non-boosted tier 1 manufactories will still result in them having inefficient production if they choose to do it that way. AWs just make it that much more inefficient.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
It has been mentioned on previous events, but never strongly like this time.

The difference here is that with previous events, everyone had a relatively equal chance to reach the end of the questlist. The people with 2x1 sized buildings would just get there slightly sooner than the people who had to build 2x2 buildings and the 2x2-builders would just have less time left on the event-clock.
Now with these endless quests however, it really means an unfair difference, since people who need to build 2x2's can build less of them on the same amount of squares, will therefore run out of 'ready' productions sooner and will thus get less coral than people who can build twice as many 2x1's, since the 2x2-builders more often need to wait for new productions to finish.
So yes, it has always been unfair, but the unfairness has just reached a whole new level with these new types of endless quest events!

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
The difference here is that with previous events, everyone had an equal chance to reach the end of the questlist,. The people with 2x1 sized buildings would just get there slightly sooner than the people who had to build 2x2 buildings and have less time left on the event-clock.
That makes sense. I'm just referring to the increased attention that the problem has gotten this time and I'm wondering if maybe Inno has taken notice.

Killiak

Artisan
Your point only reinforces mine. Giving people the option to use their non-boosted tier 1 manufactories will still result in them having inefficient production if they choose to do it that way. AWs just make it that much more inefficient.

efficiency.jpg

1) Giving people the option to use non-boosted Tier 1 is the BIGGEST efficiency they will ever get for event related quests
2) This picture shows the actual boosts a Tier 1 level 1 would get, with max relics and a level 16 Mountain Hall.

At these numbers, the production efficiency is completely irrelevant. Event efficiency matters a lot more, as the rewards of the event outstrip this miserable little bit of Goods by an enormous amount.

Everybody is helped a lot more if non-boosted is allowed, and your point is irrelevant and insignificant over the grand course of an event.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I don't have a Human city but for Elf players Steel is the best T1 boost in earlier chapters. Fewer, bigger factories produce much more per square even after allowing for the necessary support squares for culture and pop. I forget what chapter the sizes and production quantities all become identical, maybe around S + D. Until that point, steel players have had an advantage.

Personally I want my 1 square back (from builder hut size) I have lost for the last 2 years as an elf compared to a human.:p

There are a few other quirky little differences in factory sizes and efficiencies depending on your boost as you move through the chapters, they all disappear in later chapters, and we are just left with the builders hut and the disadvantage for t1 2x2 boosted players in events.

Lelanya

Mentor
I count on production being lower during events because of the longer production times. (Usually I have 4-5 3-hour and one 9-hour productions per day for my manufactories and multiple 15-minute and 1-hour productions from my workshops.) So I stock up, especially on supplies, before the event. But everything I do produce matters.
But this is not efficient either. I use my big workshops for 3 or 9hr productions or rarely, 1hr to catch up. I use temps for 5 and 15 minutes and 1 day, and some of the 1hr. It's the same for factories, I use them for 3 and 9hr, and the wee ones for 1 and 2 day, or extra productions that are over and above what I would normally produce.

So I was taught by the original players of this game and this has stood me in good stead *other than the push to hold research, or race through building upgrades*

Last edited:

DeletedUser8921

@Lelanya, when space is limited I use my larger manufactories as well as the smaller ones to do longer productions. I'm doing that less with this format of event because you can't predict when you will need various lengths of productions. Of course one could have X number of each kind of production always ready, but I've found myself not interested enough in the event for it to be worth bothering with. I preferred the events with more planning.

DeletedUser7930

wholeheartedly agree the steel t1 boost requirement discriminates steel players if they just said t1 goods the steel players could build marble and not be discriminated against

DeletedUser4149

she answered the exact same question more than a week earlier in a thread titled
"change boosted tier 1 to any tier 1 for events"
if anyone had bothered to read it

C-Nymph

Necromancer
she answered the exact same question more than a week earlier in a thread titled
"change boosted tier 1 to any tier 1 for events"
if anyone had bothered to read it

Sorry your thread wasn't read by all forum members. It happens more often than you think ;) It has been viewed 291 times though, so I wouldn't say no one bothered to read it. However, does it matter that it's a separate thread? I'd say that this issue is important enough that it doesn't hurt to dedicate more threads (and thus attention) to it...?

DeletedUser8632

If you go back far enough and check the US forum as well you can see that this has been the first and major complaint in every event since over a year (and thats just because I was too lazy to read further back)

So..I'm not going to hold my breath, no.

DeletedUser4149

If you go back far enough and check the US forum as well you can see that this has been the first and major complaint in every event since over a year (and thats just because I was too lazy to read further back)

So..I'm not going to hold my breath, no.
i think they might listen this time. we can either accept the unfair situation or we can all show overwhelming support for a desire to change this. they do listen to feedback for a reason. if people want this to change, don't be complacent. like every post on this subject to show your support, like the posts on this thread, the one called"change boosted T1 to any T1" on the suggestions section, and also the very 1st post on the summer mermaids topic. things don't change by standing around w/ our hands in our pockets.