• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Stealing of AW Prize Chests

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Since the introduction of the "Favourites Marker" this annoying, frustrating and threat to our game practice has become a major concern. Many invaders, interlopers, scavengers from mostly strong players outside of the fellowship, are trawling around to find AW's near completion and then putting in just sufficient to win a prize chest. What is wrong with that you may ask? Well, as most of these chests have already been claimed by a member of the fellowship, any one that is stolen means that a member of the host fellowship loses theirs. Many of my members, especially my smaller ones, are complaining that this is unfair. To my mind this practice is not acceptable and unless this is stopped, this game will lose a lot of players as they see this as not only unfair but just another avenue for the strong to get stronger, at the expense of them, thereby voting with their feet.

Timneh

Artisan
I can't believe this subject has come up yet again. It is not stealing it is using an intended feature of the game the way it was designed. If your FS members are being knocked out of chest positions that means that they are obviously not putting in enough KP to make it unprofitable for people from outside your FS. If your FS members are complaining that people from outside your FS are taking chest positions you should be telling them to invest more KP.
When i am helping a FS member with an AW i almost always put in more than i will get back and sometimes i will get a rune and sometimes i won't, i invest in the AW to help my FS member not to make a profit.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Since the introduction of the "Favourites Marker" this annoying, frustrating and threat to our game practice has become a major concern. Many invaders, interlopers, scavengers from mostly strong players outside of the fellowship, are trawling around to find AW's near completion and then putting in just sufficient to win a prize chest. What is wrong with that you may ask? Well, as most of these chests have already been claimed by a member of the fellowship, any one that is stolen means that a member of the host fellowship loses theirs. Many of my members, especially my smaller ones, are complaining that this is unfair. To my mind this practice is not acceptable and unless this is stopped, this game will lose a lot of players as they see this as not only unfair but just another avenue for the strong to get stronger, at the expense of them, thereby voting with their feet.

Set up a KP sharing program like a wondermail / KP-train in your guild and this so called "problem" does not exist.
It helps you and your fellows share knowledge points in eachothers wonder without loosing a single KP. it beneficial for everyone.

As those who search for wonders.
Those people are helping you filling your wonder, if you dont want the help of other people, then get enough help from "your own" people.

Julian

Sorcerer
Yes, get a fully functioning KP chain, and never invest in your own wonders. And, @Timneh, that way you will always get back at least as much as you've put in, usually much more. I would welcome free donations from people outside my fellowship, but I've never had any because we have a strong KP chain.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Whist I thank all those that have replied I think that they all miss the point that I am making. We have strong and well supported AW KP exchange threads but that however will never support the smaller/beginner member as his/her availability of the numbers of KP's to invest are.will never be anywhere near those from fellowships that have sufficient power to get 10 chests every week. Anyway, my view, is that this practice is just being greedy and not in the spirit of fair play. It is again just another example in society as a whole for those with taking from those are have not.

Julian

Sorcerer
You only need to invest 10KP or so to push out players from outside your fellowship, so I don't think small players are at a disadvantage. Also, don't forget you are being given KP by the players who invest. It can hardly be said to be immoral. And donations are a part of the design feature of the game. I really don't see what the problem is here.

Rarely Here

Seeker
You say in your updated post that you have a supported AW KP exchange. So what then is the problem? I have known fellowships that have swap threads that struggle to gain even the tournament rewards being invested in AW. Heard it said once that some players have a big game and a smaller game and if you let them into your group they will contribute 30 points to a tournament and whether it is 4 chests or 10 chests those tournament AW instants are to develop the bigger game and not the small fellowship game. Still, if you have a swap thread that is supported by 6 people then you have sufficient members to fill the chests of even size 18 AW's if someone wants to win a 60KP chest with a 5kp instant then maybe you should try to recruit the interlopers and dump the 5 minutes per day players.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
This again...? Stop acting like a victim and say thank you for the free kp. Or arrange your FS in such a matter that outsiders won't see a profit in any of the AWs. It's that simple. Please stop complaining because you can't work the system effectively.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Whist I thank all those that have replied I think that they all miss the point that I am making. We have strong and well supported AW KP exchange threads but that however will never support the smaller/beginner member as his/her availability of the numbers of KP's to invest are.will never be anywhere near those from fellowships that have sufficient power to get 10 chests every week. Anyway, my view, is that this practice is just being greedy and not in the spirit of fair play. It is again just another example in society as a whole for those with taking from those are have not.
Ok....., who is greedy here????

You try to get more out of a small players wonder than you invest in it yourself?
According to your "moral rules" you schould at least given the player as much as you get back.

I would say those outsiders where much less greedy, they were willing to invest more than you did.
And it's not that they get it for free, It actually costs a lot of time to search for players who do not work together with there fellows.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
As Arch-Mage and a new comer to the forum, I have the duty to bring the concerns of my members, of all sizes, to this platform of discussion. I thank you for your views and in co-operation with my members will be making an amendment to our AW Threads in an attempt to make this practice unprofitable for outsiders. Over and Out.