• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Starting line-up of troops in wave 2 of fight

sail0r

Spellcaster
I have noticed that the line-up of the troops in the 2nd wave of a fight in Spire is not the same as the line-up I defined in wave 1.
I think that the line-up in wave 2 is according to initiative, the unit with the highest initiative being in the center and the lowest ones at the flanks.
Can somebody confirm that or tell me how the line-up in wave 2 is determined? Thank you.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I found that the order reverses between 1st and 2nd waves, and (as far as I can make out) reverses again in the 3rd wave, of 3-wave battles. I asked the question a few weeks ago, in this thread: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/troop-formation-in-spire-battles.13017/ The pattern seemed to hold for every troop type I used and I haven't seen anything since to suggest this is not how it works. I haven't kept any records since that day though.

sail0r

Spellcaster
Thank you @MinervaOz. I checked in a few battles and it is exactly as you say. The order in wave 2 is exactly the reverse of the order in wave 1.
Knowing that, I can position my troops accordingly if I am specifically interested in the order in wave 2. :)
Of course I don't know who ever thought of this. Maybe it's a bug?

Gargon667

Mentor
Also is switches back again in round 3, so setup there is the same as in round 1.

And the unit you put in position 3 is going to stay in place all the time :)

Gargon667

Mentor
however I would suppose not, the one from 4 will probably take its place...

Lelanya

Mentor
Hey Sail0r,
Today I am a-Spiring and I took 3 mages 2 knights with me, to face 1 light ranged 2 heavy melee, 2 heavy ranged round 1 and 1 light ranged 3 heavy melee 1 heavy ranged round 2.
Round 1 2 mages took damage, and 1 knight
Here is how it went: 3 mages, A,B,C, 2 knights D,E, for troop selection
Map placement one top to bottom: E,C,A,B,D
Map placement two top to bottom A,B,E,D,C

MinervaOz

Enchanter
@Lelanya, sorry I'm a bit confused - if you'd labelled them A,B,C,D,E as you selected them (ie 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) the top-to-bottom placement on the map for round 1 would have been D,B,A,C,E. Do you mean bottom to top? In which case the knights ended up in positions 1 and 2 as predicted? Or do you mean the knights were in positions 1 and 3 for round 2, which would be against the pattern?

Either way the mages seem to have shuffled around in a way that wasn't predicted - related to the amount of damage perhaps, as @Gargon667 suggested? That's interesting (though it's probably not going to affect troop selection).