• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Starting a thread

Rimella

Adventurer
Hi everyone

I have not bothered using the forum until now as I find the commands a bit tricky - I am looking for a way to start a thread and I just don't know whether this is the way forward... anyway...

I am the archmage of a great fellowship and within our fellowship I have ways of communicating with mages and ambassadors. However I would be really happy to communicate with archmages... not relying on the forum - I like the mail option within the game better.

How do I start a thread about that? and if I have been successful in starting one now, would any archmage want to liaise with me, Arendyl only please. I have 2 other fs where I am mage, but I really only play on Arendyll, Felyndral is a bit of a holiday fs and on Wyniandor I have bcome rather inactive.

Apology for typos and odd grammatical mistakes, I am a French native speaker.

Rimella

Pauly7

Magus
Welcome to the forum!

I think you did just start a thread!

I'm not entirely sure of the purpose of your question. Are you saying that you want there to be some secret society of Archmages where no one else would be able to see what is being written? I understand sometimes if within a fellowship that mages and archmages may want to chat confidentially. I'm not sure why you would want to do that on a global scale with other Archmages though.

Or maybe I misunderstood the question...

DeletedUser5976

Gamersgems has a forum for mages and archmages I believe.

Rimella

Adventurer
No it wasn't meant to be a secret society... it's just I find email within the game the quickest way to liaise. Just exchange views, maybe tips, that sort of things.

I contacted one archmage already and he seemed to be of the opinion that we already do so much, it might be a waste of time. I can see his view, what with managing one's fellowship.

And thanks - I think I worked out how to start a thread.

Pauly7

Magus
I think I understand, but to share ideas, etc, the best place to come is this forum. There are many people here (myself included) who can call themselves Archmages, but that doesn't necessarily make them any more knowledgeable than all sorts of other people.

Anyway, I don't mean to be argumentative because I do understand what you are saying, but for me I don't think I would have a need for that as all I would be doing is then excluding the majority from the conversation.

Pauly7

Magus
Oh, just to add.... I find that the messaging system and the in-game chat within Elvenar to be... well, frankly, terrible. For my fellowship we have a chat server set up on Discord. You could easily set up such a thing, but then invite whatever Archmages that you know to your group.

Pauly7

Magus
Discord is a chat server. Google it. It's like a chat room, but you can set up your own private room and invite who you like, plus you can have a logo and set up different channels for different topics of discussion (much like a forum). I like it because it's very simple to set up and for a new member to join it's a simple as just entering your name.

It's designed for gamers, I think. If people are playing games on the PC then it lets you know what people are playing (not Elvenar) and there are various ways to interact that way I think.

Rimella

Adventurer
Mmmh no thanks - really I want to have a quick option, within the game. I don't think my project will be successful really, because it is a bit fanciful and it is not something I really really need.

But thanks Pauly7, for your explanation.

Hope to see you in the game :)

DeletedUser5381

I have just visited your cities in Felyndral, and Arendyll I am only a mage in both of those cities. But if you have a question for another Archmage, look up the leader of my group (yo momma love me), he often shares information with the group leaders in his neighborhood. I think the name was chosen for comedy, not arrogance. ;):rolleyes:

Rimella

Adventurer
well, what i can do really is to create a special group of archmages and write to them, by pasting them every time as recipient.
I suspect most archmages (or mages who do the work for them, heavens forbid!) use a spreadsheet where they set many cells with various parameters. For instance I have a column with all the ranks and at the bottom I have a calculation of how many mages how many ambassadors, and next to the sum the various names, which i can copy and paste whenever I want to speak to them exclusively. So I could add a row for archmages... but less fun than an elvenar option, which is what I suggested in the thread. :)