• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Squad Upgrades do not speed up barracks

CheesePlant

Seeker
Hello,
  1. What exactly is the problem? Including a screenshot can help a great deal.
    • Since the tournament no longer uses the squad upgrade I've started upgrading the missing optional paths from the research tree however it says "Increases the Training Speed of Units trained in your Barracks" however I recorded the time it takes to create a storm barbarian, upgraded squad size and it made no difference to the time it takes to create a storm barbarian.
  2. Can you make the same problem occur more often? If so, how exactly? This information helps to find the cause of the bug.
    • Yes, record the time it takes to train a unit, upgrade squad size, look at the time it takes to upgrade a unit - it's the same.
  3. On what world did you encounter this problem?
    • Winyandor.
  4. When did you first experience the problem?
    • 27th August 2021.

EDIT 28/08/20:
I've done it again with screenshots and it does look like it makes a difference but it's tiny with the lower squad size researches.

squad-upgrade-1.png = Time to upgrade 1 unit = 1s. Maximum training size = 3487.
squad-upgrade-2.png = Squad Size Upgrade 48 shows that it increases the training speed in the barracks.
squad-upgrade-3.png = I complete Squad Size Upgrade 48 which shows training speed barracks has increased.
squad-upgrade-4.png = Time to upgrade 1 unit = 1s. Maximum training size = 3557.

I think the tool tip needs to say that it increases the squad size in the barracks because it doesn't speed it up (it's still 1 second per unit).

Attachments

• squad-upgrade-1.png
    squad-upgrade-1.png
    778.5 KB · Views: 57
  • squad-upgrade-2.png
    squad-upgrade-2.png
    631.9 KB · Views: 55
  • squad-upgrade-3.png
    squad-upgrade-3.png
    698.5 KB · Views: 52
  • squad-upgrade-4.png
    squad-upgrade-4.png
    779 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
Are you sure you are reading the right thing as every single squad size upgrade i have it says "allows you to fight with bigger armies which will make fights easier".

FieryArien

Necromancer
I've started upgrading the missing optional paths from the research tree however it says "Increases the Training Speed of Units trained in your Barracks"
Sadly you’ve been misled. This information is false.

I mean the real bug is not that “Squad Upgrades do not speed up barracks”, but “Squad Size Upgrades technology shows false information”

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
That sounds like you are referring to another building to be giving bonuses: Needles of the Tempest, Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms etc:
If you are still having issues, please raise a ticket for our support team.

alsael

Enchanter
Squad upgrades do not speed up training.It makes the available squads bigger,thus you can train more troops,but not faster.In fact,you need more time for training if you do not upgrade a building that's actually speed up the time training

FieryArien

Necromancer
Actually @Silmaril I believe that CheesePlant speaks about this, because that’s the exact formulation used in the report (see the screenshot):
67611EE2-8C4C-4557-AEAC-A13B6821ECD1.jpeg
I swear I saw it in the last few days reported on the browser version (and only after that I curiously looked into the app). But I spent 10 minutes looking around EN, Beta and US forums and I’m just not able to find it, sorry. :-(( I think it was in some discussion about the changes of technology tree visual design.

CheesePlant

Seeker
Actually @Silmaril I believe that CheesePlant speaks about this, because that’s the exact formulation used in the report (see the screenshot):
View attachment 4719
I swear I saw it in the last few days reported on the browser version (and only after that I curiously looked into the app). But I spent 10 minutes looking around EN, Beta and US forums and I’m just not able to find it, sorry. :-(( I think it was in some discussion about the changes of technology tree visual design.

This is it exactly, sorry for not attaching a screenshot. Is the tree out of date and what exactly does the research do now?

CheesePlant

Seeker
I've done it again with screenshots and it does look like it makes a difference but it's tiny with the lower squad size researches.

squad-upgrade-1.png = Time to upgrade 1 unit = 1s. Maximum training size = 3487.
squad-upgrade-2.png = Squad Size Upgrade 48 shows that it increases the training speed in the barracks.
squad-upgrade-3.png = I complete Squad Size Upgrade 48 which shows training speed barracks has increased.
squad-upgrade-4.png = Time to upgrade 1 unit = 1s. Maximum training size = 3557.

I think the tool tip needs to say that it increases the squad size in the barracks because it doesn't speed it up (it's still 1 second per unit).

Attachments

• squad-upgrade-1.png
    squad-upgrade-1.png
    778.5 KB · Views: 56
  • squad-upgrade-2.png
    squad-upgrade-2.png
    631.9 KB · Views: 55
  • squad-upgrade-3.png
    squad-upgrade-3.png
    698.5 KB · Views: 58
  • squad-upgrade-4.png
    squad-upgrade-4.png
    779 KB · Views: 56

Gargon667

Mentor

Squad size has absolutely nothing to do with training speed! It never has before either. It never was supposed to have either.

Squad size nowadays has very little effect on the game at all. It says how many units you can send into battle on your scouted map provinces (not for spire and not for tournament encounters). It affects a few AWs as well. That´s it.

cwgiii

Shaman
Squad size can have an "effect" during events and FA's. Tasks (or badges in the FA) that require troop creation are often based on squad size. "Produce a large number of troops" (2 squads).

Since I am mainly a negotiator, I do not have any structures that help from a military point of view. Since my squad size has steadily increased due to mandatory research, these tasks take me an inordinate amount of time. I skip them when I can, and must use time boosters if not avoidable.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Clearly the tool-tip is incorrect/misleading and should be amended.

Squad size can have an "effect" during events and FA's. Tasks (or badges in the FA) that require troop creation are often based on squad size. "Produce a large number of troops" (2 squads).
This is a good point though. Also, if we're getting technical I think that having a larger squad size would result in more troops being obtained from troop instants. Technicalities though. I think the tool tip needs changing.