• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Squad Size Upgrade 42

SummerJoya

Alchemist
Hi,
I finished the chapter Amuni. When I looked back at the Research Tree, I found the unmanaged Squad Size 42, which is in the Elemental chapter. What should I do? Shall I rebuild the Portal and all the necessary buildings to complete this section. Not to think how much it will cost me to build, as I don't know how much it already costs me because I haven't finished this chapter.
What are your suggestions?

upload_2019-10-8_19-27-41.png

m4rt1n

Adept
Overall it will be minimal, currently there are 51 squad size upgrades in the game.
55 if you count soon to be released chapter 15

I have done all 51, but doing so makes you use more troops in the tournament but also allows you to train more troops, it does not increase the difficulty of tournament fights. It does however make province fights easier.

There is some debate about taking the optional ones but I would not worry about missing one personally. :)

FieryArien

Necromancer
makes you use more troops in the tournament but also allows you to train more troops
How does it allow you to train more troops? Are you talking about Dwarven Bulwark wonder or something else?

will my troops be less worth ... what are consequences for this?
I’ll direct you to this thread: Optional squad size upgrades. The explanation post is a bit long, but I’d really recommend you to read it.

m4rt1n

Adept
How does it allow you to train more troops? Are you talking about Dwarven Bulwark wonder or something else?

I’ll direct you to this thread: Optional squad size upgrades. The explanation post is a bit long, but I’d really recommend you to read it.

As a fighter only my opinion is somewhat one sided and I apologise for forgetting to mention the increased costs of negotiation in the tournaments, that comes from taking the optional squad size upgrades.

Also several wonders (I do forget which ones) increase the amount of troops as your squad size upgrades and I find that at level 6+ there really is no difference, in fact for a fighter only I feel that I have more troops each week.

I do know that optional squad size upgrades punish caterers far more harshly in tournaments than fighters who may notice very little difference, especially if they manual fight tournament encounters with multiple enemy types.

For info: I top ten quite regularly in the weekly tournament having taken all available squad size upgrades, so only give my personal opinion.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Thanks m4rt1n for the explanation of you view. I’m also a fighter, but a strong supporter of skipping optional squad size upgrades. ;-) From what you wrote I suppose the main difference between us is manual fight (you, browser player) and auto fight (me, mobile app player). By using auto fight I have higher loss percentage than you and therefore I benefit more than you from lower tournament squad size. (Also I wouldn’t be willing to invest the time into manual fight anyway.)

DeletedUser1962

hi I look in at times, if you look at the tournament scores that are being done now its all down to auto fighting,, if you have done all squad upgrades you have more troops and you will lose more troops, unless you manual fight, you can place units in best position to cut down your loses, in the real world a tournament has rules, and the winner is the best, elvenar has no rules one can win the tourney in 5 hours another needs 30 hours, light weight against heavy weight,