• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Squad Size Upgrade 4

DeletedUser2552

Game version: v1.15.13-(186b729) (2016-10-12 10:51)
Game world: Arendyll and Winyandor
Browser + version: Coogle Chrome 53.0.2785.143 m
Flash Player version: 23,0,0,185
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1680 x 1050
Account name: Agent Holly Short
Humans or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility:5/5

Current situation:Squad Size Upgrade 4 has dissappeared this morning - I have met the goal and recieved the reward for doing so in both worlds

Expected situation: Squad Size Upgrade 4 should be activated in both worlds

Reproduction Steps
1. logged out and logged back in again
2. closed browser and opened again
3. opened both worlds in Firefox
4. logged out and back in again
5. restarted computer

It looks just as if the achievement was never met

DeletedUser2258

I expect it is the same with Squad size 8 I think the update squiffed and shuffled some of the research tree about

DeletedUser2290

Have the same issue with Squad Size 7, and now have nowhere else to dump my KP except there!

DeletedUser9

Hi everyone! @Arjavh made a good explanation here, which is correct. Squad Size techs have been rearranged, which can cause this confusion. Although it's not a bug, we'd like to apologise for the confusion this brings. :)

DeletedUser2561

I received no notice from anyone in charge of this "upgrade" that the kp required for things already researched was going to change. No warning was given nor explanation after the fact. The only way of finding out was to visit this forum. As this is not a bug, that means it was planned. The fact that no notice was given to the players is shear incompetence. The fact that Marindor apologized for the confusion with a :) is beyond the pale. Do better.

DeletedUser2561

This is a much better response. Why something like this was not sent out by support, without having to file a support ticket, has yet to be explained.

"Hello balias,

Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team.

Elvenar has just been updated to version 1.15. You can read the complete patch notes for this version here. This version came with a complete battle system redesign. Some of the Squad Size Upgrade and units related technologies were moved forward so you will need to research these first before you can progress at the end of the technology tree again. Please keep in mind that while they have been moved, they have also been renumbered which is what probably causes confusion.

No Knowledge Points or resources have been lost in this process, as the Squad Size technologies you had completed remained completed, but under a different number and possibly moved.

Hope this helped you! Should you have any more questions, please feel free to let us know!

Kind regards,

Nylian
Game Moderator Elvenar International"

DeletedUser354

This 'confusion' would appear to be over several of squad size upgrades - a number of members in my FS have reported 'errors' as they see elements that they had researched having to be re-researched. An explanation as to what was about to happen BEFORE the upgrade might have helped although I have my doubts. I have read through several lists of explanations but frankly are no nearer understanding why or what has happened. This really is a magnificent own goal. Why don't the developers take a few months off and allow us to play the game.

DeletedUser9

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback.

I received no notice from anyone in charge of this "upgrade" that the kp required for things already researched was going to change. No warning was given nor explanation after the fact.

Why something like this was not sent out by support, without having to file a support ticket, has yet to be explained.

An explanation as to what was about to happen BEFORE the upgrade might have helped although

For future improvement, what exactly wasn't clear about this part of our Release Notes?

Many technologies have been moved in the technology tree, mostly those related to battle: units have been moved forwards, and two 'squad size increase' technologies have been moved forward, so that they are more evenly distributed over the research tree. It can be possible that you will have to research those moved technologies first, before you can progress at the end of the technology tree.

I'm asking you this because you all report it wasn't announced, while this part should have covered it so we might want to rephrase something there in future situations.

Deleted User - 106219

Well, let me quote another post you made:
With the update to game version 1.15, some of the Squad Size Upgrade technologies have been rearranged and got different numbers. This means that previously researched technologies could have been moved to a different spot, while technologies that were previously still unresearched, have been moved as well and may now have to be researched first in order to be able to progress further in your tech tree. Sorry for the confusion this caused!
Emphasis mine. There is NO mention in the release notes that some technologies have been RENAMED, only that they have been moved. So players see that a Squad Size Upgrade with a particular number that they had researched is now showing as not yet researched, and are - completely understandably - confused why. They have no way to know that the tech in question previously had a different name.

Also, the person writing the Release Notes clearly has a different understanding of "moved forward" than me. For me if something is "moved forward" it is moved closer to the END of the tech tree (where I live "to move forward" means to get closer to your goal, such as the finish line or the end of the tech tree); for the person that wrote the Release Notes "moved forward" means "moved closer to the START of the tech tree". Personally I find that confusing (to me it seems like the techs were moved BACK, not forward). If a tech has been moved to an earlier point in the tech tree - just say so.

DeletedUser2561

There was a notice sent out to let our troops reduce so we would be ready for the changes, but that still makes no sense to me. If I have lots of troops and the squad size goes down, wouldn't I just have more squads? Also I can no longer train as many troops at once so it takes longer to rebuild.

DeletedUser

Are the release notes available in game, or any warning, as many people are not on the forum?

DeletedUser354

Sadly the explanation is not accepted by some of my FS members - in a particular instance the Squad Size upgrades 13 and 14 are in exactly the same place in the tree they were before the update and both had been researched - now both are now required to be re-researched. So what exactly happened?

This sort of change within the game - call it balancing if you must - will alienate many players and we Archmages will find ourselves attempting to reform our fellowships as many leave in frustration. As Shadowblack points out the explanation - if even seen - was at best confusing.

Please Marindor don't just repeat the 'official' release material - try to explain to us all exactly what has been done and how KPs were not lost when just the opposite appears to be the case.

DeletedUser9

Sadly the explanation is not accepted by some of my FS members - in a particular instance the Squad Size upgrades 13 and 14 are in exactly the same place in the tree they were before the update and both had been researched - now both are now required to be re-researched. So what exactly happened?

This sort of change within the game - call it balancing if you must - will alienate many players and we Archmages will find ourselves attempting to reform our fellowships as many leave in frustration. As Shadowblack points out the explanation - if even seen - was at best confusing.

Please Marindor don't just repeat the 'official' release material - try to explain to us all exactly what has been done and how KPs were not lost when just the opposite appears to be the case.

I try to explain it as good as possible, just trying to find a way to make it more clear :) What happened, is that technologies were moved to be more equally distributed in the tech tree. With this movement, they also got renamed in many cases. Let's take your situation about upgrades 13 and 14. If this player plays as Human, here's what happened (and I hope this doesn't make it even more complicated):

The old nr 13 (which was researched) has been moved forwards in the tech tree.
The old nr 11 has been moved backwards and became the new nr 13 (that one probably wasn't researched then, since it's not researched now)
The old nr 15 has been moved forwards in the tech tree and the old nr 14 became the new nr 15 (so if 14 was researched before, he will now find 15 researched all of a sudden, because that is the old nr 14)
The old nr 12 became the new nr 14 (so if that one was unresearched, it will now be 14 that's unresearched)

Does this help clarifying it or does it only make it more confusing?

DeletedUser354

Thank you Marindor, a brave attempt to describe what happened. May I suggest that a copy of the research tree before the update and a copy after the update be annotated in order to clarify exactly what went where - as your explanation , I suspect, only covers a limited number of the 'moves' that took place. From the amount of messages many players are at best confused and a number down right angry. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words - so show us what occurred.

DeletedUser363

Might have been simpler if they hadn't renamed them, if they were just being spread more evenly throughout the tech tree, or if they had to rename them, swap the kp from the completed to the ones moved to nearer the beginning of the tech tree so that for all intents and purposes play of the game was not affected

DeletedUser9

Thank you Marindor, a brave attempt to describe what happened. May I suggest that a copy of the research tree before the update and a copy after the update be annotated in order to clarify exactly what went where - as your explanation , I suspect, only covers a limited number of the 'moves' that took place. From the amount of messages many players are at best confused and a number down right angry. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words - so show us what occurred.

I don't have a copy of the whole tech tree available but I do have a table about the squad size tech moves. I'll attach it for you here, hopefully it can be of help in clarifying issues for you :)

Attachments

• Squad Size table.gif
    Squad Size table.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 77

DeletedUser2258

I try to explain it as good as possible, just trying to find a way to make it more clear :) What happened, is that technologies were moved to be more equally distributed in the tech tree. With this movement, they also got renamed in many cases. Let's take your situation about upgrades 13 and 14. If this player plays as Human, here's what happened (and I hope this doesn't make it even more complicated):

The old nr 13 (which was researched) has been moved forwards in the tech tree.
The old nr 11 has been moved backwards and became the new nr 13 (that one probably wasn't researched then, since it's not researched now)
The old nr 15 has been moved forwards in the tech tree and the old nr 14 became the new nr 15 (so if 14 was researched before, he will now find 15 researched all of a sudden, because that is the old nr 14)
The old nr 12 became the new nr 14 (so if that one was unresearched, it will now be 14 that's unresearched)

Does this help clarifying it or does it only make it more confusing?
I think it was a very valiant attempt may be a before and after '' screenshot '' of the tree would be needed , but i think most players are more frustrated that fights in provinces we were winning with replaceable losses we are now getting whooped before doing 30% damage to the opposition.

DeletedUser

So the basic suggestion for next time they want to re-arrange techs on the tech tree is to do the tech tree moves and the tech tree renaming in two different updates. It would have been much better if they would have just moved the techs with their current numbers to their new places in the tech tree. They could then do a incremental bug fix a week later that just renames the techs. Of course, that would need to be explained in the release notes.