• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

spire

Jocular Jack

Dreamer
i completed spire last night and on the third level there were no chests. this is not only disappointing, it is ludicrous that i would use so many troops and so much goods including sentient goods and not even have a single chest appear. i am very upset with inno at this time and have put a lot of money into this game but will not put any more into it. i am seriously contemplating leaving the game altogether. i dont even know if you can do anything about this problem but am sorry you do not respect your players enough to listen to them.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Please, contact our support so we can check for you what happened, there is of course, a solution to everything, no worries :)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Jocular Jack I apologise you feel this way however, Mystery Chests have always been a random feature within the spire and there is never a guarantee of them appearing. Please reconsider leaving over this issue :(

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
"this problem"

I believe that the odds of getting a mystery chest is 10% for each of the final chests on each segment of the Spire. There are four segments on each level, and three levels. It might be that the Final boss on each level has increased odds; I can't verify that at this time. I'll gladly recompute with verified information.

If you are describing not getting Mystery Chests on the third level, that's 4 rounds of 90% chance of not getting a chest, or 90%^4, or 65.61%. If this is what you're describing, this is an situation that will occur slightly more than half the time you complete a level.

If you are describing not getting Mystery Chests on all three levels, that's 12 rounds of 90% chance of not getting a chest, or 90%^12, or 28.25%. If this is what you're describing, this is an situation that will occur slightly more than 1 in four times you complete the Spire.

In either case, I politely suggest that if there is a problem, it is in your overestimation of what the odds of receiving Mystery Chests are in the Spire.

Sir Derf

Adept
10% chance on regular Chest, 12 per level.
20% chance on Segment Boss, 3 per level.
I'm gonna guess 30% chance on Level Boss, 1 per level.

Odds in a level of not getting any Mystery Chests, 90%^12 * 80%^3 * 70% = 28.25% * 51.2% * 70% = 10.12%, or 1 in 10 chance of not getting any Mystery Chests in a level. You have about the same odds of not getting any chests, as you do of getting a chest from a regular encounter.

Lower odds than my mis-calculation above, but still something that happens.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Unfortunately the Mystery Chests are very much randomised and a rarity. It is more than possible to complete the whole Spire of Eternity and not see any at all.

To quote our Wiki Guide '' Every solved Encounter has a chance of revealing a Mystery Chest. These come in different rarities: Rare, Epic or Legendary, each with different awesome rewards. If you are lucky enough to reveal one of these Mystery Chests, it will appear at a random location within the current Spire level.''

The full information can be found here: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Spire_of_Eternity

Pauly7

Magus
i finished the new spire last night. not happy at all
As others have said, it's all random chance. Always has been. I've lost count of the number of times I've played through a whole level and not received a mystery chest. I've also received 3 purple chests and 1 gold chest all in the first level one time (one example I can think of.) It's swings and roundabouts.

Mystery chests are nice, but the real reward from playing the Spire comes from the team prizes at the end of the week. These are not random and if you have a good team all doing well then these prizes make it well worth your while even if you get no extra chests at all.

Stucon

Illusionist
To quote our Wiki Guide '' Every solved Encounter has a chance of revealing a Mystery Chest. These come in different rarities: Rare, Epic or Legendary, each with different awesome rewards. If you are lucky enough to reveal one of these Mystery Chests, it will appear at a random location within the current Spire level.''
Love this, " ... each with different awesome rewards." My highlights.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
When are the Devs going to put phoenix artifacts as reward in the Spire? Beta have them since 2 weeks ago.
Probably the wrong thread for this, but that's not going to happen for at least another 3 weeks.
It's a toggle so it's not bound to an update, they just confirmed that on the dutch forum.
It most likely won't be displayed in an update post but will get a seperate announcement.

On my small account I still need 3 endless scrolls to complete my set, so I won't mind it being delayed for a bit.