• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire

kurgkurg

Conjurer
now, with these new changes to the tournament, inno could also stop sharing the portal profit in Spire, it has become a completely worthless prize, and there are too many.
if it came at first, it was a good thing, but now we don't need to do more chapters anyway

Gargon667

Mentor
just read up on the topic in other threads, about every 3rd thread in here is about the same thing...

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@kurgkurg I can understand that for some, when you get to a certain stage, the need for PP is reduced and they just start to pile up in a players inventory gathering a bit of elven dust. So I can imagine you would prefer this to be replaced with something more meaningful to your game however, there needs to be some balance. Whilst you (and possibly other seasoned players at higher chapters) find PP ineffective in your City, there are players lower down the chain that rely on/appreciate these.

I would say there is the ability to disenchant these for Spell Fragments but I also know that you and others, have an endless supply anyway :D so maybe, rather than reducing the probability of gaining PP, I could put forward the possibility of disenchanting PP for something else other than SF if they are no longer required?

Would you be open to that idea been taken forward? Of course I will take the original idea forward for you (as always) but I like to offer another avenue sometimes as well. I can't guarantee either idea being approved, but in the spirit of "balance" i'll put it to the Team that it's been suggested that PP becomes less and less required at later stages if you agree with that?

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
The option to effectively choose a prize would, of course, be good, but I doubt they would go for it.

Some people at certain stages of the game really want the PP spells. I know that in my small city I will take any PP that I can get hold of because I am trying to get to the advanced chapters as quickly as possible.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
The option to effectively choose a prize would, of course, be good, but I doubt they would go for it.

Some people at certain stages of the game really want the PP spells. I know that in my small city I will take any PP that I can get hold of because I am trying to get to the advanced chapters as quickly as possible.

@Pauly7 Speaking as player myself, to remove the PP from the spire in it's entirety would be a huge injustice to players in the lower chapters in my opinion.

Giraffi

Enchanter
In my small city, I would be grateful to not see a PP in the spire. I need tool refills far more than I need something that I do not need at that point in my game. Or rather, orange magic spells that boosts manu production would also be great.

In other areas of the game we do not get orcs before we need ors, we do not get mana before we need mana, we do not get PP before we are in the guest races. Why should the spire be different?

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Pauly7 Speaking as player myself, to remove the PP from the spire in it's entirety would be a huge injustice to players in the lower chapters in my opinion.

Exactly, I can also tell as a player myself when I was in early chapters. If you play looking at the big picture (for example, taking in mind future chapters, doing "homework" before time (such as preparing sentient good manufacturies before having them.)

These news players will appreciate their PPs or most of them. Especially because the dwarves chapter is a very PP-friendly chapter, great to get these players used to good behaviors such as "portal first." So, most players will appreciate having a bunch early on.

Timneh

Artisan
I guess it is human nature to ask for what you personally need at a perticular time but in a game like this thought needs to be given to players that are not as advanced as you are. There are some things that are not very useful to more advanced players but those same things are very useful to new/small cities.

Gargon667

Mentor
There need to be "crap" prizes for balance reasons.
If a crap prize is taken away it will be replaced by another crap prize, not by a good prize. PP spells/Spell Fragments and other things you don´t like all fill the same function. Some of them are good for some people, while others are not.

Spire rewards are great as they are right now even including all the junk. If Inno ever decides to change spire rewards they will more likely decrease rewards and not increase them.

The only thing I would ask is to give us more uses for Spell Fragments, so we can turn all the nonsense we get into something at least semi useful.

Stucon

Illusionist
Covered by Pauly7 but we need to remember that not all players are 'end of game'. I am at Amuni and the prttal profits are well worth it for me.