• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire Scores

Pauly7

Magus
I'm really not sure whether this is just me or if other people would be interested in this also.

Currently, from the moment the Spire of Eternity ends each week all the individual data disappears, save for the total team score. (so far as I'm aware.) I would really like it if this information was saved to be able to view, perhaps until the next Spire starts, as with tournament scores. All I'm really looking to be able to see is the vertical progress bar that shows how far up each fellow reached.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I think this will be very difficult as you add points to your fellowship pool, but not individual points.
Keeping the spire open so you could look it up might be very confusing for many players. as it's open so why can't they keep playing?

I guess the best solution is to wactch your fellowship progress as short to the end as possible.

Pauly7

Magus
I think this will be very difficult as you add points to your fellowship pool, but not individual points.
True, but the 'themometer' already exists which shows everyone in their different positions along the track. That's all I want to see.
I guess the best solution is to wactch your fellowship progress as short to the end as possible.
I've considered this, but it's very messy. If you're interested in keeping a track each week then not only do you potentially miss last minute changes, but it also relies on you always being available to (and remembering to) check the Spire screen in the final few minutes at the right time each Saturday.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
If you want access to the thermometer without the spire, how would you implement this in a "clean" way that's not confusing to other people?

I asked for this somewhere too, it would help me a great deal to get a report, like we do for tourney.
The tournaments have individual scores that determine our tournament rank, The spire has no individual ranking system in a similar way, nor would it be possible to create a ranking based on it since many players will have the same 63 points.
While you can see it indirectly the tournaments do not show how many guild points you accumulated after the tournaments ends (nog once you reach 10 chests) off course you could calculate it.

Lelanya

Mentor
Yes sure. It ends at 2pm on Friday for me, just as an activity is winding up. I am certain my employer wouldn't mind if I went home and took screenshots of the Spire.
NOT!!!!
PS I have tried screenshots on my phone but then I have multiple players all using the same 3 avatars, so no good either.
And that is just Winyandor. I also run a version of my FS on Arendyll too.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
If you want access to the thermometer without the spire, how would you implement this in a "clean" way that's not confusing to other people?
It would be fairly easy, I think. Right now the tool-tip when hovering over the Spire icon says "The Spire will reappear in 6hr 23min". All that would need to change is that it would have to let you click the icon and that message would appear over the right hand side of the screen instead of showing the graphic of the Spire's interior. Then the thermometer on the left hand side of the screen would still be visible. They could even put at the top "last Spire results", although that wouldn't bother me either way.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It would be fairly easy, I think. Right now the tool-tip when hovering over the Spire icon says "The Spire will reappear in 6hr 23min". All that would need to change is that it would have to let you click the icon and that message would appear over the right hand side of the screen instead of showing the graphic of the Spire's interior. Then the thermometer on the left hand side of the screen would still be visible. They could even put at the top "last Spire results", although that wouldn't bother me either way.

There is no "drop down" menu, but a pop-up could be implemented with the timed message and with a button to open the former results.

Pauly7

Magus
There is no "drop down" menu, but a pop-up could be implemented with the timed message and with a button to open the former results.
Sounds spot on to me. I would take anything that just allows me a look at those results. There would still need to be the same tool-tip option to make players' names pop up, but other than that I don't mind how it's shown.

Lelanya

Mentor
The Spire of Eternity was patterned off of Guild Expedition in Forge of Empires. In the GE, we have 2 tabs, one for the action, which has an 'Idle' message and a countdown, come back in x many hours to participate in the next Expedition, when it's on cool down. The second tab has a score for the players in the Guild, and when the Expedition is not running, a person can check and see who participated, who only finished the first level, and so on.
I don't see why we couldn't have something similar.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
I agree it would be a nice addition to have the info for a bit longer :)