• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

spire reward change

robevz

Seeker
Phasing out stonehenge for mermaids fair enough, will my stonehenge artifacts then be changed for mermaids or am i about to lose out?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Artifacts are not changed unless we have recipes to do so in the Magic Academy (like we currently have for the Phoenix Artifacts with 2021 to 2019 ones).

FieryArien

Necromancer
Phasing out stonehenge for mermaids fair enough, will my stonehenge artifacts then be changed for mermaids or am i about to lose out?
No, there shouldn’t be any transformation. The Stonehenge artifacts you won stay in your inventory as they are. It’s just the future Spire winnings what is going to change.

PS: if you are interested in advice: hang on your artifacts even if you won’t use them right away. There might be another opportunity to get them in the future. Or we might get some artifacts exchange system for example. You never know. Just keep them. ;-)

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
What bothers me is its unclear. I accept that it helps cities that established after the original events to get these buildings up but for those of us that have these buildings maxed already, its a pretty duff reward to get in quite an expensive event. Especially when the exchange in any future event is likely 2:1.

Yours.... disenchantedly

Pauly7

Magus
What bothers me is its unclear. I accept that it helps cities that established after the original events to get these buildings up but for those of us that have these buildings maxed already, its a pretty duff reward to get in quite an expensive event. Especially when the exchange in any future event is likely 2:1.

Yours.... disenchantedly
I agree. I've shouted about it a lot, but it makes no difference of course. Having miscellaneous artefact rewards in the spire just helps a small number of people.

Gargon667

Mentor
I doubt it is meant to "help" anyone.
Inno apparently wanted to get rid of the Moonstone set rather than fixing it (sounds familiar?) and then they were stuck with the problem what else to put in there as rewards. it had to be something "big" but you can´t exactly hand out Firebird artifacts forever, so they came up with the rotation of artifacts. What else could they have put in there really?

Gargon667

Mentor
A newly designed set that doesn't ruin the game balance.

I guess that may be the long term plan? I doubt they intend to rotate through silly artifacts forever, that´s just a quick fix for the problem. Inno isn´t especially known to be fast, the problem was out there for a year and a half before they decided to fix it, then the fix had to happen right away of course, so they did, now they are stuck with a temp solution for another year or two until they come up with something better :)

Pauly7

Magus
I guess that may be the long term plan? I doubt they intend to rotate through silly artifacts forever, that´s just a quick fix for the problem. Inno isn´t especially known to be fast, the problem was out there for a year and a half before they decided to fix it, then the fix had to happen right away of course, so they did, now they are stuck with a temp solution for another year or two until they come up with something better :)
They strongly hinted, over a year ago, that a viable alternative to the Library Set was being worked on, that sounded like a "watch this space" to me, even though we're relying on second hand information as we don't here anything (useful) directly from the devs. I'm sure this new thing that they were spending all this time on was not going to be - hey, we've invented giving you useless old artefacts.

Gargon667

Mentor
They strongly hinted, over a year ago, that a viable alternative to the Library Set was being worked on, that sounded like a "watch this space" to me, even though we're relying on second hand information as we don't here anything (useful) directly from the devs. I'm sure this new thing that they were spending all this time on was not going to be - hey, we've invented giving you useless old artefacts.

"Working on it" in Inno terms is something above 2 years, but the good news is the first year may already be over! Maybe we get the new thing for Christmas?

Hekata

Artisan
It might be a problem balancing this new set. Even if it's boosted, or boosted + 1 or 2 if we can get it many times like with the Library people would eventually either replace their factories or wouldn't need to trade for that specific good any more, unless the set is much weaker than the Library in which case it wouldn't be a good prize for the Spire. So the only solution would be to limit us to 1 set. But then they have to come up with something to give to those people who already have the piece that's in that particular chest. And even that replacement has to be something valuable enough without ruining the balance...

Pauly7

Magus
It might be a problem balancing this new set.
And that's fine, so long as they're actually working on sorting out that problem and that their long term plan isn't - we've replaced the Library Set with old artefacts. Even if they don't want to give us the extra reward for playing the spire they haven't yet done anything to address the scrolls issue.

Hekata

Artisan
they haven't yet done anything to address the scrolls issue.
We all know there is only one solution and a very simple one at that: make it boosted or boosted +1 or 2 . No one would complain as everyone would still be getting lost of goods, just of a different kind. Why they haven't done it yet is beyond me.

Gargon667

Mentor
We all know there is only one solution and a very simple one at that: make it boosted or boosted +1 or 2 . No one would complain as everyone would still be getting lost of goods, just of a different kind. Why they haven't done it yet is beyond me.

If they did that they could just add the library back in as a prize in the spire and skip making new prizes altogether. But I do not understand either why they don´t do that obvious and simple solution.

The bismuth problem is very easy to solve, by actually following their own story: The Moonstone gate needs to make Moonstone as it does in chapter 12 and 13 (and at a better rate than it makes bismuth later on haha), I have not the slightest idea what the logics is behind that change to bismuth, so just removing that inconsistency solves the problem of bismuth and it even also helps with the gum problem, not solving it but at least making it less bad.
The Endless scrolls would still make scrolls obviously, but the libraries don´t need to at all, libraries contain knowledge on all kinds of things, not just making paper. So there if anything it would improve their story-line (not that I personally think that highly important)

Hekata

Artisan
The Endless scrolls would still make scrolls obviously, but the libraries don´t need to at all, libraries contain knowledge on all kinds of things, not just making paper. So there if anything it would improve their story-line (not that I personally think that highly important)
There is a story behind it all? lol, I didn't even know that :D
And I wouldn't keep anything with fixed goods, not even the endless scrolls. In my chapter (15) that little 2x1 square produces 4k scrolls with just 1 bonus connection. People would just stack them up combined with either the mana plant or gum tree and it would still create an imbalance. Same goes for the gum tree and moonstone gate. They can just change the names of the buildings if they want them to fit "the story", it wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
there are plenty of rewards they could put in spire aside from evolves for buildings we have/dont have. Pet food for a start and maybe a few troop instants. restoration thingys also. It would also help make what we do get shiney again if they were usable (in a fair way) to ALL those that win them, so let players make bases for the buildings in the Academy if they really want them (whether they have them or not) It's a hard job I guess trying to make the game fun to play and generate cash for FoE. Keep trying Devs... as less shiney means eventually players look to the horizon for something that looks better to play (whether they have played the game for years or not) I realise that gaining new players is something the game hopes will generate more cash but when are they gonna realise new players usually come in on the recommendation of existing players/friends.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

there are plenty of rewards they could put in spire aside from evolves for buildings we have/dont have. Pet food for a start and maybe a few troop instants. restoration thingys also. It would also help make what we do get shiney again if they were usable (in a fair way) to ALL those that win them, so let players make bases for the buildings in the Academy if they really want them (whether they have them or not) It's a hard job I guess trying to make the game fun to play and generate cash for FoE. Keep trying Devs... as less shiney means eventually players look to the horizon for something that looks better to play (whether they have played the game for years or not) I realise that gaining new players is something the game hopes will generate more cash but when are they gonna realise new players usually come in on the recommendation of exiting players/friends.
That's where you might underestimate something very powerful; Advertising :cool:

I don't know where, how and how much they advertise, i block all that crap, but that's where most new players come from - If they understand how to do it right.

They have the graphics to pull them in and the mechanics of the game will keep them for a while. And one important thing you also miss; Is that it's only us old idiots that knows the "good old days". They don't feel sucker-punched like we do. We knew how things were better. Our things got nerfed, twisted and bend sideways in so many ways. They don't know about all that. It might be stories they hear; But that's all ;)