• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire: prizes and probability: can someone please explain?

Every week for the past couple of weeks i get exactly the same prizes in exactly the same places. How is that possible?
  • 1st encounter - 500 spell fragments = 60%
  • 2nd encounter - 5hr booster = 35%
  • 3rd encounter - 1hr boosters = 60%
  • 4th encounter - 25 diamonds = 30%
There are people who brag how many magical residences they have won. I have never won even 1 and i play the spire every week to the end.
How is it possible that exactly the same probabilities comes up in exactly the same places? For each encounter getting the same result week after week after week, it does not make sense.

Is it a bug? To me this mean that i do not have an equal chance of for instance winning a magical residence or heaven behold a workshop. Does that mean that some players games' are then (and i use the word loosely) "rigged" to give them a better advantage? That is the way it feels.

Can someone please give me an informed answer here please? I would ask support but they keep giving the same non-descriptive answers on any question i ask and that is not helpful at all.

Deleted User - 1759805

If you're getting these exact 4 prizes in the same spots 2 weeks in a row, the chance of that is about 1:700. Low, but is certainly not out of the realm of plausible by any means. I mean, two of these results are at 60%, so you will be getting these more often than not.

Yes but four or five weeks in a row? The odds of that just does not feel right. And it is not just on the first 4 encounters i just used that as an example.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
It's not a bug... it is how you approach it.

One image is worth a thousand words:

libraries.JPG

Yes, I have a bunch of M Residence & Workshops, and new Trading Stations, and lots of things too. Prizes vary a lot, trust me. I had weeks of getting junk, and the week they released the Spire upgrade, I got an entire set. Since then, I got a couple more trees, and an endless scroll (technically drop is harder.)

Laugh at it, but Law of Attraction works very well with the Spire, especially because you start to get tons of chests, blue, yellow, and even purple.

Last edited:

Paladestar

Enchanter
I had weeks of getting junk, and the week they released the Spire upgrade, I got an entire set.

Each to their own, but really, the spire set is junk too! When you 'do the math(s)', it's not even close to being worth the space it takes up for the small benefits that it gives.

Deleted User - 1759805

Each to their own, but really, the spire set is junk too! When you 'do the math(s)', it's not even close to being worth the space it takes up for the small benefits that it gives.
To each their own indeed - I am quite happy with my 3x library setup (with a ton of smaller buildings) - it almost doubles my regular catalyst production, replaces 2x T2 manus, generates non-trivial amounts of T4 and T6, and all of this while providing quite a bit of pop and culture instead of requiring it. Not too shabby for a "junk" set.

DeletedUser8409

I'd be curious to see your maths as mine showed the polar opposite.

The Spire Mana building is the best repeating Mana building in the game and most of the goods production buildings are pretty decent too especially when you consider they don't need population or a road tile.

AstralSoul

Illusionist

Since chapter V? While in fairies? I assure you, it is worth it!

The Spire Mana building is the best repeating Mana building in the game and most of the goods production buildings are pretty decent too especially when you consider they don't need population or a road tile.

My longterm calculations agrees here too. Including the Moonstones, that I do not even know what it is, other than a "sentient good", that I neither know what it is haha.

Paladestar

Enchanter

Well, using the mana building as an example, for Chapter 15, it gives 184.2 mana/sq/hr. Frost Carved Christmas Tree for same chapter gives 213 mana/sq/hr - over 15% more. The practicalities of linking a lot of the spire mana buildings for the 2-set bonus are a problem compared to the Trees (okay new players and people who didn't spot how powerful the Winter Market set was at the time, can't get these/can no longer get these).

Other people laud the sentient goods from the set as being good, but again, if you're planning for the long game when you get your Simia Sapiens built and leveled up a bit, sentient goods aren't a problem just having one manufactory for each of your boosted kind, popping MM enchants when needed, is plenty. Timewarp and PoP can help too, but not quite as beneficial as reducing decay is.

People say they like that they get a lot of catalysts from the set. Do spire every week, at least to the end of level 2 (you and fellowship), manually fighting (keeps troop losses very low) and you'll be drowning in catalysts.

So, like I said, each to their own - where I am, the spire set doesn't do anything for me that isn't already being done better elsewhere in my city. Might not be the case for people in early-mid game I guess.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Well, using the mana building as an example, for Chapter 15, it gives 184.2 mana/sq/hr. Frost Carved Christmas Tree for same chapter gives 213 mana/sq/hr - over 15% more. The practicalities of linking a lot of the spire mana buildings for the 2-set bonus are a problem compared to the Trees (okay new players and people who didn't spot how powerful the Winter Market set was at the time, can't get these/can no longer get these).
Comparing mana building from Spire (can be gotten repeatedly) with the Frost Carved Christmas Tree (building that can’t be gotten anymore) isn’t really fair, especially when randblade talks about repeating buildings. See the quote:
The Spire Mana building is the best repeating Mana building in the game

I get that you have very advanced and optimized city that heavily relies on various event buildings and that for you the Spire set might be a piece of junk. Just please don’t state it as general truth, because for vast majority of players your situation simply does not apply.

Deleted User - 1759805

LOL, you didn't just compare trees - probably the best mana producer in the game (that can be massed) that was available more than a year ago as a one-time deal, could not be obtained since then (and probably never again), and because of slightly less mana production density of the plants you declared that plants are junk? OK then ;) BRB, making a post that Venar's Rocks III and Magic Residences are junk because they have less pop density than Father Tree of Candy Canes...

So yeah, those handful of players out there with 6 Christmas Trees may have all their mana needs covered, and mana plants may not be a good deal for them. Everyone else may want to take a closer look at available high efficiency mana producers, and mana plants are certainly close to the top of that list. Other small producers in the set are also excellent. I mean, 5000 of T2 per day in 2 squares, with no pop/culture requirements? In fairly flexible configurations? Yes please!

I also do Spire well into level 3 every week and cook catalysts non-stop in my L5 MA, and that's not quite enough for me to drown in catalysts. I still had to drop timeboosts in the MA here and there to grab extra CCs for crafting, and I only craft military buildings/boosts, pet food and RRs.

Paladestar

Enchanter
LOL, you didn't just compare trees - probably the best mana producer in the game (that can be massed) that was available more than a year ago as a one-time deal, could not be obtained since then (and probably never again), and because of slightly less mana production density of the plants you declared that plants are junk? OK then ;) BRB, making a post that Venar's Rocks III and Magic Residences are junk because they have less pop density than Father Tree of Candy Canes...

So yeah, those handful of players out there with 6 Christmas Trees may have all their mana needs covered, and mana plants may not be a good deal for them. Everyone else may want to take a closer look at available high efficiency mana producers, and mana plants are certainly close to the top of that list. Other small producers in the set are also excellent. I mean, 5000 of T2 per day in 2 squares, with no pop/culture requirements? In fairly flexible configurations? Yes please!

I also do Spire well into level 3 every week and cook catalysts non-stop in my L5 MA, and that's not quite enough for me to drown in catalysts. I still had to drop timeboosts in the MA here and there to grab extra CCs for crafting, and I only craft military buildings/boosts, pet food and RRs.

Trees was used specifically to disprove the claim that the mana buildings from the spire are the best available. :p The other point I noted about the spire mana buildings was keeping the set bonus up...

If you have 4 of the 1x1 spire mana buildings, you need 8 more squares worth of set buildings, at minimum, to keep the full mana bonus running. So you just lost 2/3 of the efficiency per square compared to a standalone mana building right there, in terms of pure mana production, If you really want those other set buildings, it's not such a waste, but in the long-term, the other set buildings will become obsolete as your city advances.

I will admit that I always really just focus on considering the the long-term when I evaluate the merits of any special/event buildings. This often leads me to decide that they're weak. Take the evolving buildings, Fire Phoenix and Brown bear are off the chart in terms of benefit when compared to any of the others we've had. I consider all of the other evolving buildings to be, well, to use my word of the moment again, junk! ;)
Likewise with seed producing buildings from events. When I hit Halflings, I was struggling for seeds a little bit, not too much but enough to slow me down a bit, but I decided that it was best to skip those event buildings, in favour of others, as the collection bonus on the trader would quickly overshadow anything that the event buildings could do if I focused on placing more AWs and doing the first six (or so) cheap levels, to quickly get my total AW levels up (which of course boosts the collection bonus).

On catalysts, in my MA, also L5, I only produce the 2x2 unit buffing buildings, pet food, time boosters and RR. Sometimes I might do a 15KP production if it's up and I'm about to go KP hunting and want some singles to spend. I have 260 Catalysts in stock and the number just keeps going up. I was down to zero just after the Zodiac event. Maybe you're just luckier than me and have good recipes up more often than I do? :D

IamMiky

Seeker
Trees was used specifically to disprove the claim that the mana buildings from the spire are the best available. :p The other point I noted about the spire mana buildings was keeping the set bonus up...

If you have 4 of the 1x1 spire mana buildings, you need 8 more squares worth of set buildings, at minimum, to keep the full mana bonus running. So you just lost 2/3 of the efficiency per square compared to a standalone mana building right there, in terms of pure mana production, If you really want those other set buildings, it's not such a waste, but in the long-term, the other set buildings will become obsolete as your city advances.

I will admit that I always really just focus on considering the the long-term when I evaluate the merits of any special/event buildings. This often leads me to decide that they're weak. Take the evolving buildings, Fire Phoenix and Brown bear are off the chart in terms of benefit when compared to any of the others we've had. I consider all of the other evolving buildings to be, well, to use my word of the moment again, junk! ;)
Likewise with seed producing buildings from events. When I hit Halflings, I was struggling for seeds a little bit, not too much but enough to slow me down a bit, but I decided that it was best to skip those event buildings, in favour of others, as the collection bonus on the trader would quickly overshadow anything that the event buildings could do if I focused on placing more AWs and doing the first six (or so) cheap levels, to quickly get my total AW levels up (which of course boosts the collection bonus).

On catalysts, in my MA, also L5, I only produce the 2x2 unit buffing buildings, pet food, time boosters and RR. Sometimes I might do a 15KP production if it's up and I'm about to go KP hunting and want some singles to spend. I have 260 Catalysts in stock and the number just keeps going up. I was down to zero just after the Zodiac event. Maybe you're just luckier than me and have good recipes up more often than I do? :D
Just a word of advice--seeds become a huge issue on Elvenar 15- IE-Marble/steel/planks upgrades cost over 100th seeds each building to do 4lv upgrades, on top of all the T4/5/6s that require a lot of seeds to get sentient goods for the upgrades to begin with-I have 10 marble I am upgrading and require over 1m seeds just for them,Armories for me cost 30th seeds per single upgrade whereas mana requirements drop way off,Oh-the Marble also costs around 9th pop for the 4lvs each,90.000 for the ten,so seeds later are an issue and I would suggest getting seed decay reduction AWs as high as you can,I didn't but so wish I had,but was also ignorant of their importance before.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Just a word of advice--seeds become a huge issue on Elvenar 15- IE-Marble/steel/planks upgrades cost over 100th seeds each building to do 4lv upgrades, on top of all the T4/5/6s that require a lot of seeds to get sentient goods for the upgrades to begin with-I have 10 marble I am upgrading and require over 1m seeds just for them,Armories for me cost 30th seeds per single upgrade whereas mana requirements drop way off,Oh-the Marble also costs around 9th pop for the 4lvs each,90.000 for the ten,so seeds later are an issue and I would suggest getting seed decay reduction AWs as high as you can,I didn't but so wish I had,but was also ignorant of their importance before.

I've finished the Elvenar chapter and am sitting on 900K seeds right now. :) Like I said, the collection bonus on the trader is plenty for me - 14.5K bonus seeds each time I collect, I was fine for seeds at half that number as well. When I started Halflings the bonus was only about 2500 and like I said I struggled a little, that's when I started going wide on AWs, over my previous focus of going tall on the best ones, quickly got the bonus to 4000 and never looked back.

Like with mana, I make so many seeds that I don't really need to care about decay, I can always get enough for whatever I need before decay becomes a factor.