• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire of Eternity

DeletedUser3671

Sorry, had missed this post until now.

These new numbers were already part of the initial release of the Spire of Eternity on our Live worlds, and therefore the old values were never on EN (but only on Beta), and thus were not communicated as changes here.

So to answer your question: Yes, these lowered values (compared to the old, initial values from Beta) are definitely on EN already, and have been for all of the Spires. :)
Ohh my God :-O

It must have been insanely expensive on beta then, because it's still way to expensive for the prizes we get. If the time instants were A LOT bigger than 1 and 2 hours, 14 and 20 hours, then it starts to match the costs. And then all those fragments. And yes, as many other have pointed out, the insanely low % to win a set building or the bigger portal profits.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
The feedback on the rewards being perceived as underwhelming compared to the cost to play the Spire have definitely been heard on both Beta and Live, yes. Adjustments have already been made since the first Beta release to make the rewards better and more relevant, and we are planning to do more there still. In our latest Live Q&A we've shared some more information on that already, too - check it out if you hadn't yet! :)

DeletedUser9351

Did they increase the chance of the chest to appear..? Either way, I'm getting way more chests now. Not that I've got anything good from them.
As for the set building, I already collected two parts of it. I think the set building is nice to have since I craft a lot. But after I get the full set, I don't think I will be playing more than first level, because as people already said, it's too expensive and rewards ain't that great.

Pauly7

Magus
These new numbers were already part of the initial release of the Spire of Eternity on our Live worlds, and therefore the old values were never on EN (but only on Beta), and thus were not communicated as changes here.
That's incredible. If it was even more expensive it's a wonder the devs managed to mis-calculate so badly. It's either a miscalculation of how hard it would be, a mis-calculation of how many diamonds people were willing to buy to get over the hurdle, or a mis-calculation of the attractiveness of the prizes to cause the diamond sales. Either way I'm quite surprised.

I played halfway through the first week's Spire and haven't clicked on it since. As I said earlier, I think, I wouldn't go back there unless it was only using up only 20% of that number of resources.... or, if they made the prize buildings guaranteed wins - but that would only make me do it once.

DeletedUser9351

I have a question about the moonlibrary set. Are there any set piece that can ONLY be found in chests on lvl 3? Are they always rewarded in fixed chests or does the chest rewards change from week to week?

DeletedUser3671

I have a question about the moonlibrary set. Are there any set piece that can ONLY be found in chests on lvl 3? Are they always rewarded in fixed chests or does the chest rewards change from week to week?
No, i have never been to level 3 in the Spire. I have gotten almost every piece of it. Also the big library itself. The small piece i'm missing i have gotten in my 2nd city :)

I only play level 1. The rest is way too expensive for still getting the same prizes as in level 1.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Currently it looks like you can get any price from mystery chests. There are several types of mystery chests with different rewards. I only play the first level of Spire and I won Dwarven Armorer (I don’t mean the piece we got for free - I really won another one), all Moonstone Library set pieces, even one Genie! Of course NOT all in the same city. :rolleyes:
However, this is how it is now, Inno can change it anytime they want.
There is a new “teleportation” spell on beta server and that one can only be won in Spire. I have no idea if it’s also in mystery chests or not.

Timneh

Artisan
this part of the game is for bored cashers imo ... must be some around or inno would have tweaked it some more

There probably are some but another reason that it might not be getting made better is that people are still playing it. The Beta community manager asked the question why do players that complain about features and events still take part in them if they don't like them ? My opinion is that if people don't like something and want it changing they should ignore it, if enough people did that maybe things would get changed but the devs are quite happy if players complain about things but still take part in them.

DeletedUser8409

To be a lone contrarian voice I think that the Spire is fun and good value - but I say that as a hardcore fighter who fights Tournament to ~4k-6k most weeks.

The Squad Sizes are bigger than people are used to in the Tournament, that is true. However in a Tournament province you fight 4 battles to get 1 prize. In the Spire every single encounter gives you a prize. So to compare apples with apples divide the Spire SS by 4 and its comparable. Thus if SS in Spire is 3x your regular SS then comparing it to Tournament the SS is equivalent to the 15th province.

Pauly7

Magus
However in a Tournament province you fight 4 battles to get 1 prize. In the Spire every single encounter gives you a prize. So to compare apples with apples divide the Spire SS by 4 and its comparable.
The real prizes in the tournaments are in the KP payout in the 2nd and 5th round. Also add to that the prizes at the end, including more KP and potentially a Blueprint. The Spire's rewards don't even scratch the surface compared to that, unless you want (and win) those set buildings, but it only offers a very small percentage chance to get them.

DeletedUser8409

The real prizes in the tournaments are in the KP payout in the 2nd and 5th round. Also add to that the prizes at the end, including more KP and potentially a Blueprint. The Spire's rewards don't even scratch the surface compared to that, unless you want (and win) those set buildings, but it only offers a very small percentage chance to get them.
See this is where I disagree. I know mine is a minority opinion.

In the Tournament (from 10+) the valuable rewards are rounds 2 and 5 as you said. That's battles 8 and 20. The other prizes are rather useless, Rune shards that you may not need and spells that are worth 60 fragments.

In the Spire it isn't only the 8th and 20th encounter that gives rewards. Every single encounter gives rewards. Sure some are only fragments (but more than 60 fragments).

DeletedUser8409

As for the comparison with the end of tournament rewards that is only valid if you're struggling to complete the tournament. Otherwise it's not either/or.

To get blueprint you need 40k Tournament points as a fellowship. That's an average of 1600 points across 25 players. Doing 1-9 to 5 or 6 star and 10-16 to 2* is a rather easy 2k points and makes that very viable. Absolutely do that before Spire. But once you've done that there are no further rewards past the blueprint so extra effort as a fellowship is not rewarded. My fellowship averages 70-80k points per tournament we get NO further rewards for the 30-40k points we win past 40k.

And as a soloist past the first easy points in tournament (which is comparable to Map One in Spire) there are diminishing returns.

If I do province 30 to 5* as I frequently do then that is 20 battles at 1.5x SS per battle for 11kp. That's a total battling of 30x SS for 11kp. Map 3 even IMHO gives better rewards than that.

While some weeks I can't go further in Tournament because there's literally no more provinces to complete (and I won't do 6* for 10+ as it's reward is crap).

Sure not every individual can complete the Spire. But then not everyone can complete the Tournament either.

Pauly7

Magus
My fellowship averages 70-80k points per tournament we get NO further rewards for the 30-40k points we win past 40k.
It can't be ignored that if you are doing 80k points in the tournament then the KP payout for rounds 2 + 5 is massive. If you are completing 20 provinces then you will be winning 178KP (is that right) individually, before the end prizes are dished out (about a further 75KP?) The Blueprint is massive, if you have gotten that far, plus a whole good handful of MM spells are attractive for many people.
Every single encounter gives rewards. Sure some are only fragments (but more than 60 fragments).
This may just be me, but I can't ever get excited about spell fragments. I haven't often dipped below 20k in hand. Admittedly it would be a problem if all the fragment sources dried up, but having a bunch extra doesn't do too much for me. Other than that the Spire has a few time reducing instants and the possible carrot of those set buildings.

DeletedUser8409

Of course you can win kp in tournament but again its not either/or. Do both. Where it's efficient do Tournament and where it's not do Spire. If you drop your Tournament participation somewhat then it will be the latest, hardest, least efficient provinces you drop. E.g. Sometimes I do provide 50 in tournament that is 2.5x SS per battle. 100x SS for 11kp. Spire is massively more efficient than that.

In Spire fragments are the booby prize sure. But the other prizes are useful: Time, CCs (which are worth multiple KPs each) and the buildings last forever. I find as well as buildings CCs to be the most valuable prize. I used to run out of CCs because I craft every military building I can and would run out. From Academy you are restricted at 4 CCs per day maximum, it is impossible to get more without spending time or diamonds. Via the set you can in perpetuity get more, and in battles you can win more too.