• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire of Eternity

Pauly7

Magus
If players were to boycot the spire then the devs would have to a) reduce the costs in troops and resources b) make the rewards worth the cost or c) just scrap it.
This is key and most particularly they have to see their diamond revenue not go up. If they run an event like this for a week and during that time they see their income from diamond sales double then they will just keep doing the same thing. It relatively matters not to them whether those same people are complaining about the injustice of it all.

DeletedUser845

LOL, left standing around at the top of the stairs, no timer to the next level - apparently I have finished the Spire of ETERNITY. Someone buy Inno a dictionary :))

3 levels, a ton of troops and res for very little reward. For those who have stopped sooner, well done! Don't think I'll be playing much on the next Spire - I don't need speed ups that badly and I have plenty of spell fragments from grinding up those Mermaid upgrade thingies :)

m4rt1n

Adept
There is no point in the fighting aspect at all unless the squad size is reduced by at least 80%.
Currently the only option is the roulette wheel of chance to solve each chest.
I am an experienced manual fighter but cannot possibly get close to training enough troops to do the fights, even with time and supplies boosters.

I have completed the tower this week and won the Genie building, but had to use all diamonds won +some to solve the impossible roulette chests.
Make it fightable even if very difficult, currently the fights would be equivalent to doing province 100-120 in a tournament given the squadsize, which is totally ridiculous and shows the devs do not play the game at all.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
Agreed m4rt1n, diplomacy relies too much on getting lucky with your first guess, it wouldn,t be quite so horrendous if the ghosts didn't keep the offering if they dont want it. As for fighting multi-waves, I aint doing that again unless I got Rambo & John Wick as my wing men.

DeletedUser6046

Agreed m4rt1n, diplomacy relies too much on getting lucky with your first guess, it wouldn,t be quite so horrendous if the ghosts didn't keep the offering if they dont want it. As for fighting multi-waves, I aint doing that again unless I got Rambo & John Wick as my wing men.

Yes, what is possibly the logic of the ghosts keeping the offerings they don't want?

Hekata

Artisan
Practice flying through them? :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I played through the 3 levels of the spire this week and I quite enjoyed it :)

That is not to say it couldn´t use some more tweaking, of course.

The fighting wasn´t really a big novelty. Big squadsizes make the fights costly, but there are much fewer in the spire than in tourneys, which makes manual fighting more useful again, so I would say that is positive. I stopped manual fighting in tourneys for the sheer number of fights I do there.

But the convincing mini game is the big novelty and I really like the idea. Usually I am more of a fighter, but I really would go for the convincing option if it were more strategy and less random luck. So for me the biggest improvement would be to increase the number of turns to 4. Obviously the difficulty would have to be increased in other ways to keep it interesting and not a free giveaway. Two options would be to either increase the amount of different resources involved (more difficult) or to simply increase the amount of goods needed (more costly). Obviously all that would need to be re-balanced, but for me 4 turns would make the whole game more fun.

The gates are obviously meant to stretch the whole spire over a 5 day period, which I find no problem with, obviously this first time I was impatient and used some time boosts on it, but in the future I will simply try ad take it easy and that way leave the spire with more time boosts than I entered with.
Same goes for diamonds, spending diamonds is no big deal if you also gain them, I will just try to end up with more than I started with.
Lots of new buildings, like the upgraded versions of Unleashed Unit upgrades, Wishing Wells and Trading outposts are fun! Absolutely nice to get those. And especially the dwarven armorer is great for playing the spire. makes the fights so much less costly.
The set is also very interesting, not excessive in size and produces goods previously not available from set buildings (spell fragments and catalysts) in addition to T2, Mana, Seeds... All useful stuff.

I would say a very welcome addition to elvenar world. We are moving more towards a pick and choose game, where lots of different options are available for what one feels like playing. Some die-hards may always try and do everything all the time. But with tourney, spire, an event of some sort and a guest race, you can have 4 things going on at the same time, which is more than I plan on trying to keep up with. For now I have opted out of the guest race, which lets me comfortably play tourneys and events at the same time and I will add at least the first level of the spire every week and maybe more depending on what the goals are for the tourneys. So I am very happy to get options to choose from instead of being forced to do everything available just to not get bored :)

Keep up the good work!

DeletedUser441

Big squadsizes make the fights costly, but there are much fewer in the spire than in tourneys, which makes manual fighting more useful again, so I would say that is positive.
Did you really complete the full Spire ? I had to stop because the squad sizes were more than double my squad size in my barracks , which is far bigger than any tournament battle I've ever fought .

DeletedUser9227

Hi Inno,
This is my first post. I enjoy playing this game so far. I like to do events and new features including the Spire. I finished level 3 this week and plan to do level 1 every week. However, I do agree with a lot of complaints here about the costs and the prizes. The thing I'd like to see changing the most is the prizes, especially in final chest. So I suggest something like...

40% Genie
30% 150 diamonds
10% Moonstone library
10% 2 Dwarven Armorers
10% 10 Royal Restoration

This is just an idea, but please change the prizes so that at least we win something back even without luck. It takes a lot of resources to finish the Spire and only 10% chance of getting the reward I want, which is Genie, is somehow discouraging.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

OldHag

Necromancer
I only did the first 2 chests on the spire, but reading all the posts about squadsizes as you progress, do you think the spire would be easier if ALL squad size research is done? I know a lot of people have not done all those researches, I remember reading somewhere on the forums not to bother with those researches if not needed to progress.
So I'm curious as to how much of a difference, if any, you think that might make.

Pauly7

Magus
So I suggest something like...

40% Genie
30% 150 diamonds
10% Moonstone library
10% 2 Dwarven Armorers
10% 10 Royal Restoration
Personally I think that considering the incredible cost to resources we should be guaranteed each of the set buildings in the last chest of each level. Either that or don't make it cost the resources.

Imagine if, in the Mermaids event, in order to open a shell we had to give over 5 squads of troops or 25k of goods, plus a load of tools, coins, mana and seeds... which you may have to do more than once. I think that would be a comparative example.

DeletedUser3571

Did you really complete the full Spire ? I had to stop because the squad sizes were more than double my squad size in my barracks , which is far bigger than any tournament battle I've ever fought .
I think what they meant was that with fewer battles you can manual fight all of them, whereas in tournaments you cant as there are too many fights

m4rt1n

Adept
I notice with the city background reverting to normal today, the spire "island" with the blue diamond glow where the spire appears has gone.
I assume this is an error as I expected the blue thing to remain in place.

DeletedUser3393

All my progress for the Spire of Eternity (which was 50% complete) seemed to reset back to the beginning today...

No way I'm wasting resources for this buggy event ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
The progress for my Spire of Eternity seemed to reset back to the beginning today...

No way I'm wasting resources for this event ever again.

Its a weekly event just like the tournaments, do as little or as much as you like, and progress resets each week.

Last edited: