• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire of Eternity

alsael

Enchanter
I'm in elementals.I played a few chests.If you decide to cater, so that you keep your troops for tourneys,you can loose too many rss too fast if you have a couple of wrong guesses.Not to mention the rewards.Spending that amount of rss to win a ...coin rain:p
This is not for the end gamers,but for those with diamonds to spare so you can replace cater+troop losses.
You can keep your spire....
(you can do the first few chests and be done with the thing.I dare not imagine the costs for next levels:eek:.Sorry,I choose tourneys all the way.Nice concept,bad implementation...)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3671

I just had a short look at it and i'm not going to do it. It's just a hazardous gambling with my resources.

I don't fight. I'm in Constructs. First chest: 190K coins, 19K supplies and 550 Seeds. But i can lose it all if i don't get the combination right. And not only just three times, one of each. There are 5 guardians who needs to be payed of. And i don't know what i can win.

So nope. Not for me. Will just sit there as a nice graphic in the back ;-)

DeletedUser9214

This is ridiculous... Each attempt at diplomacy costs you even if you fail? Does the dev team take me for a fool? No way is this an acceptable means of running an event. And the fighting? God, that is even worse! The odds are so stacked against beginner and intermediate players.
The rewards don't even justify the effort required of this ruinous phallic totem pole! Coin Rain? Supply Instants or Time Boosters? Are you serious? Sure, that would be very enticing for newbies but you already put in a precondition that they must first be in Chapter 3, and no way should a newbie waste their precious time and resources into this mess.

How on earth did this manage to get out of Beta unto live worlds?

On a side note, will the map background stay that way? Half inundated by sea and the other half dry land and below sea level? Who was so lazy as to think up of a thoroughly pretty graphic but only did half the job...

Killiak

Artisan
I did manual fights for the first map, and this was very doable for me.
I do have considerable doubts about the rewards versus resources (troops/goods) spent. It seems out of balance, especially on map 2 and 3.

The set building looks like it is nice to have, mostly for free fragments and CC spells, but it takes up a considerable amount of space in doing so.

All in all, I think it's a nice concept to give us something to do other than the tournament, but it definitely needs work. I hope there will be variation in rewards and an improvement in the amount of effort/costs it takes.

Julian

Sorcerer
Initial thoughts on the Spire.

The negotiations are okay when you have 3 resources. Just use one resource for each turn. Then you're guaranteed to get there by the third turn. When there are four resources, you would have to be prepared to spend 25 diamonds for the fourth turn, so not for me.

The fights are big, using a lot of troops. I lost a few rounds, so gave up. It might be worth it, if I'd fed my phoenix. That would have to wait to combine with the tournaments.

I know there are complaints about the rewards. Not sure whether it's worth it. But I did get a Portal Proffit, which is always good. And the mystery chest that popped up gave me a 1x1 mana plant, which is useful, as I've just started needing mana.

Don't think I'll be ever getting to the top of the tower, though.

Has Inno thought about doing a fellowship version of this where we can cooperate to do it?

Julian

Sorcerer
On a side note, will the map background stay that way? Half inundated by sea and the other half dry land and below sea level? Who was so lazy as to think up of a thoroughly pretty graphic but only did half the job...

It's not inundated for me. Some of it is floating in the air. What is a problem, though is that the top of the spire is cut off by the bar at the top of the screen. I'd like to see the whole Spire, please. (And I'm sure the artist would, too!)

Sir Derf

Adept
Question about the negotiation game.

I selected coins for all five ghosts. One was apparently correct, as it gave no message and had a green check mark. The other four it was apparently not correct, as each gave a message - "Nobody needs it." it's a little disconcerting, from my memories of playing Mastermind. I was expecting the other four to say "Wrong person", as while they didn't want coins, there is/was someone who did. Thinking about it, however, this does give a little more information.

It'll just take a little getting used to.

Sir Derf

Adept
It's not inundated for me. Some of it is floating in the air. What is a problem, though is that the top of the spire is cut off by the bar at the top of the screen. I'd like to see the whole Spire, please. (And I'm sure the artist would, too!)
But, it's the Spire of Eternity...

DeletedUser1874

The feedback from Beta seems spot-on. Too much troops and goods required for ridiculous rewards. One's better off devoting those resources towards the tournament. The time-gating is also extremely irritating. "If you wanna progress you'll have to use one of the time instants you've won losing so many troops and resources, and then some because what you've won is a 5hr boost and the gate requires 8 hours to unlock".
So thanks, but no thanks. Which is a pity, because the concept of a crawling minigame is really nice, but the numbers are way off, and the time-gating unnecessary and irritating. Without time-gating, or with bigger time boosts as rewards, and less of an investment required in troops and resources, I could see myself devoting part of my assets towards it. But as it is now... not a chance.

DeletedUser6357

The size of the army is stupidly HUGE!

Battles are easy, at least in the beginning.
But in order to have soldiers for these battles, I have to produce less army for the tournament.
I earn about 250 KP from the tournament, which I use to develop AB.
I was lucky to get 90 diamonds from the Spy. But on a daily basis, I earn 400-500 diamonds from wells. Certainly not luck.
I won a Trading Station - activity for 50 days. But I have a Fire Phoenix - constantly active. Separately, I have 3 pcs. Trading Outpost.
I am currently blocked because I do not have the necessary army to fight. Army I don't need for the tournament.
Why should I produce it?
I won Mystery Chests. From which I gained... catalysts.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
It's not as bad as I feared after reading beta feedback. Still there are a few issues:
Random rewards - the final(!) chest has a 75% chance on gaining 5% Portal Profit or 30 diamonds :(
It's too costly in terms of troops and resources
Why are there timed gates? :confused: Sure they do not add to the fun

As the spire is still work in progress, I'm sure that we'll see improvements soon :) Or at least I hope so...

DeletedUser3571

Its not terrible, but it seems like a lot of effort has gone into something that most people will not use much.
Problems in my opinion
Cost are not worth the rewards
The final prize at the end is terrible, 3 decent buildings with small % and 2 terrible prizes with big %. they could at least make it worth It to get to the end of a stage, make it 200 diamonds and a 50%PP
If you earn a mystery chest you can be made to work through the whole level to unlock it, these should be available as soon as you earn it.
Time gates are there to trick people into spending diamonds on it.

If nothing is done to improve it then I'm only likely to do the first 3 points and then leave it, making it a huge waste of development.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
yeah....think i would rather do tournys than the spire, very dissapointing as someone that has researched all squad upgrades and their armies still outnumber mine after the first gate...:( its going to be much cheaper catering in tounys than negotiating the chests even.:rolleyes:

CheesePlant

Seeker
Looks pretty, I managed to get one of my cities to the first main gate however I'm not doing anymore.

This is a pure diamond tease - only 25 diamonds to please more one sprint. I hate gambling like this it's not fun and it shouldn't be in a game targeted towards children.

While I think fighting does take a bit of skill as you need to prepare for multiple waves - I simply can't be bothered to waste my troops that I'm saving for the tournament.

Hope everyone else has fun with it but it's not for me.