• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire Of Eternity Rewards Discussion Thread

kimkimkim

Summoner
Quoted from Anonglitch:
Dear Humans and Elves,

On July 11th, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks.

Changes:
  • Bear Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity.
  • Gingerbread Artifacts and the craftable building will be phased in instead.
  • Mermaid Artifacts will also be phased in.

Kind regards,

Your Elvenar Team

I figure I would start a discussion thread for the upcoming changes to the Spire Rewards because I did not see a link to a discussion thread....

As suspected, most of us knew that the bear artifacts would be phased out but I guess the all important questions would be....1) Will the bear artifacts now be available to craft in the Magic Academy like all the other artifacts were? and Will the bear bases be staying in the Magic Academy or will those be phased out and replaced with the Gingerbread Mansion?

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Good idea about setting up this discussion thread, @kimkimkim :)

In fact, it would be a lot less confusing all round if the Announcements about the changing availability of various Artifacts and Evolving Building bases were to be phrased more clearly (and without jargon, which is easily misunderstood). For example, may I suggest something like the following - always assuming that I have correctly understood the Announcement (? which may not be the case, since it is not at all clear in its present form):

" On [date], the items available in the Spire of Eternity and the Magic Academy Crafting Rotation will be altered as follows:

Changes:

• Gingerbread Artifacts will replace Bear Artifacts as a possible reward in the Spire of Eternity.
  • The Gingerbread Mansion Evolving Building base will be added to the Magic Academy Crafting Rotation.
  • Mermaid Artifacts will also be added to the Crafting Rotation. "

... and since this six-week rotating system of changing Spire and Crafting items appears to be ongoing at least for now, it would obviously be possible simply to substitute the names of future outgoing/incoming Artifacts and Evolving buildings for 'Gingerbread', 'Bear', and 'Mermaid', as applicable.

However - and although the above-suggested form of words is at least clear and unambiguous - if the 'Spire Reward Change' Announcements are to be fully informative and useful, they should also include the information which @kimkimkim has already requested - i.e. whether or not the Bear Evolving Building bases will remain in the Crafting Rotation, and whether or not the Bear Artifacts will become available for Crafting as well.

I'd also make a couple of further points about the wording of these Announcements, seeing as this is the International (and not just English) Forum:

- The term 'dataset' is overly technical and therefore incongruous in the current context, considering the intended, and non-technical, audience of this Forum (i.e. gamers), and therefore I would imagine that it has accidentally made its way into these public Announcements from some kind of original information provided by the more technically minded development team;

- The term 'phased in' appears to be simply inaccurate, since it means 'to gradually introduce [something] over a period of time', rather than 'to directly replace one item with another item', which I assume is what actually happens, since it would far more complicated (and an odd choice?) to program the gradual phasing in and out of items in the Crafting Rotation - but if that IS how the system works, it would be interesting to know...!

@Silmaril @Herodite @anonglitch ... your input would be much appreciated, please, on the question of the possible availability in Crafting of Bear Artifacts and/or bases, whether or not you agree with me about how these Announcements are worded! :D

OldHag

Necromancer
I'd like to see the artefacts for the evolving buildings to be set a little differently.
Gingerbread artefacts cover only one base buildings whereas bears and pheonix have 3 base buildings (fire, pheonix and aureate for example) so I think bears and pheonix should either appear more frequently in the rotation or for a longer period of time, tks.

cwgiii

Shaman
I'd like to see the artefacts for the evolving buildings to be set a little differently.
Gingerbread artefacts cover only one base buildings whereas bears and pheonix have 3 base buildings (fire, pheonix and aureate for example) so I think bears and pheonix should either appear more frequently in the rotation or for a longer period of time, tks.

This is true, and I would also LOVE to see this implemented. However, my assumption was that Inno was trying to get players to CHOOSE which of the multiple base options to focus on at any particular time.

Gargon667

Mentor
What i don´t understand is: How is the spire supposed to handle 2 different artifacts at the same time?

Are probabilities changed around so that we can get both?
Do the probabilities stay the same and we get 1 of the 2 at random?
Do we get 1 of the 2 artifacts one week and the other artifact the next week?

Btw all 3 of these options are bad lol. But I can´t come up with anything that makes sense.

And please stop spamming the MA with all those useless artifacts! We´ve had the problem with zillions of differnet evolving buildings in the MA before. Finally all those recipes were removed and now you just put them all back in again???
Keep the most recent one in there, if you must, or keep the original Phoenix and bear artifacts in there so new players can get the most essential buildings, but that´s it, please remove all the junk!

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thanks, @Laurelin. I can see your point with the Announcements. Of course, you are free to comment on whether you feel something has room for improvement, and we will keep this in mind.

Regarding the Artifacts, once we have a final confirmation from our developers, we will announce whether other Artifacts will continue or cease to be available at the Magic Academy. We are inquiring about this, but we still need to learn their final decision. So I would suggest that you save up some Blueprints, just in case!

Stucon

Illusionist
'phased in' appears to be simply inaccurate, since it means 'to gradually introduce [something] over a period of time', rather than 'to directly replace one item with another item
I said this last week. Come up with your own ideas! :D (this is humour - for those people that don't get it).

Cortex

Novice
I thought we were getting the Gingerbread artifacts but instead we have Moonstone library set pieces ?

OldHag

Necromancer
Well this hasn't gone according to plan. ;)

Might want to totally rethink that announcement now. :)

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
I did! :cool: Same as my upper answer, we do not have a specific validation from our developers whether any of the former artifacts/bases will continue to show up, besides the ones we have for this round! keep on the lookout at the Magic Academy!

Please verify what your announces are going to say, we´re getting Moonstone Set pieces, not gingerbread artifacts in this Spire.

Gargon667

Mentor
Wohoo I got another library! Only prize (besides DAs) won in the spire I actually placed in my city in the last half year :)
I had to boost through the entire (got it from the last boss) spire to get it though, but heck worth the timeboosts :D OK for all the maths fans out there: Not worth it in terms of Druid Staffs per hour of time boost, but heck worth it in terms of having a useful reward in the spire again!!!

The Gargon hasn´t been as happy about anything won in any event since they removed the library from the spire.

Gargon667

Mentor
Is it here for the week or longer?

According to the announcement it is not here at all... so I bet noone here knows until they hear back from the devs.

My most likely explanation is that is was done by mistake, in which case they will "fix" it next week. If they declare it a bug they may even "fix" it earlier than that, but I kind of doubt it.
Or if we are really lucky (like 0.0001% chance) they decided to fix the Library with a booost +X production soon and figured they´d start handing out real rewards in the spire again instead of random junk artifacts nobody wants?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys! The appearance of the Moonstone Set is in fact a glitch so if you've been lucky enough to get some more set pieces this will only happen for a short time whilst our Team set this correct. The intention is to have the Gingerbread Artefacts as stated in the original announcement.

Kind Regards

Herodite.