• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire of Eternity difficulty changes

Gannet

Seeker
I really enjoyed the spire so far and i've been doing quite a lot of it every week, even managed a full clear, however few days ago i started chapter 5 and now the spire is drastic more difficult. The only power i gained in this chapter is the upgraded golems and further ahead is a mage upgrade, however i don't think this justifies the huge power spike i encountered. I went from being able to fully clear it to not even being able to reach the first boss.

I don't know what formula you use for calculating this difficulty, but i think it should be adjusted to make transitions smoother.

edit: also troops need a wait command else high initiative can become a downside

SkyRider99

Mentor
It gets worse in the higher chapters. Look for troop boosts (summonings like ELR and MMM) in the Magic Academy. If you're really lucky you may even win a Dwarven Armourer in the Spire. Very rare that I find one though.

Gargon667

Mentor
If you talk about fighting the spire then it only depends on your AW levels, your placed expansions and your activated research techs, exactly the same as the tourney. Early on (and you might still be in that part) even your relics boost has an influence.

It doesn´t technically increase difficulty, only the cost to replenish the troops you need.

But you can control it by manipulating the above 3 factors.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Yes, there is a change in the star rating of opponents you see when you hit certain chapters. Just ask Laurelin what she experienced when she got to chapter 8. So although the formulas don’t change, I do believe players when they say they hit a more difficult time. This should become manageable as your own troops are upgraded with research.