• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire like individual achievements in the tournament for chests

Far Reach

Conjurer
In other words, I would see this as the option to play without any frustrations, any pressures, when I want, etc. and still achieve something what benefits healthy development of my city.

Current system works against players wishing to play individual game on their own pace.

Based on your current city (in Chapter 4), you look to be fairly new to the game - and may have had bad experiences with the Fellowship(s) you've been in. I absolutely concur with Timneh, that there are plenty of relaxed Fellowships which will suit you. Nor will this significantly hinder your city's development - and in the longer term might even benefit it.

I disagree that the current game design works against players wishing to play at their own pace. (The Fellowship Tournament rewards are much less significant - especially for an early game player - than some make out. My main city was a couple of years old, and ranked #2 on the server, before winning its first Blueprint. )

DeletedUser10688

So I think you've answered your own query there - Don't be in a fellowship.

I did not have any queries.... As this thread is about the specific proposal, I was saying that I strongly support this proposal at the same time providing obvious reasons why some players would want to see changes in the current tournament rewards system. The proposal would work for any FS type and would remove peer pressure at the same rewarding individual performance.

ofc running FS in this game is a separate topic. Some data collected/requested by AMs might be protected by law in certain countries.. just saying... :)

Deleted User - 341074

I haven't looked at all of the EN servers, but on all 8 US servers, there is literally a FS for every style of play and level of effort.
From "We play once a month" to "19 chests or kicked" and every level in-between.
So I think it's very possible to "play at your own pace" and be in a fellowship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I agree SoggyShorts, we see all levels across all servers. It is just finding a Fellowship that suits how you wish to play as there will be many that have that fit.

Deleted User - 341074

I agree SoggyShorts, we see all levels across all servers. It is just finding a Fellowship that suits how you wish to play as there will be many that have that fit.
Yeah to be fair the match-making system is... somewhat lacking?;)
It would be super cool to have FS tags like "Hardcore tournament", "newbie-friendly", or "casual play" so that players can see at a glance if it might be a good fit for them.
Bonus points for advanced features like allowing fellowships to list their desired boosts, tournament points, score, visit requirements etc in a searchable format rather than the FS overview page.

Attachments

• search fs.png
    search fs.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 88
  • search fs2.png
    search fs2.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 87

DeletedUser10688

I do not want to get in any further arguments. My point is that I like Elvenar as a game but I would exchange this game without any hesitation to similar version where FS is not required. I hope I clarified my personal preferences. In it's current format I probably will not stay here for years as suggested.

Although the idea of FS is pushed so eagerly, why not to make an option to play as individual as well? Without any need to join FS. Now even the individual events often don't give full set of evolves (if the prize is evolving building) and player must rely on FS to get a full set. Just not my type of entertainment where I can be ''hooked'' for a long time.

Can I remind you that the topic is about the changes to the rewards in tournaments and not about my personal preferences? :)

EDIT: the concept of FS can always remain as a social aspect in this game, means of rankings, tool of competition like FSAs. But... It should not serve as the only way to get essential things required to develop the city; it should depend on individual performance. For instance, if I am often away for a week or two and for other few weeks I complete spire and achieve high score in tournaments as a player I won't have a place in very active FS and will be losing out on collective rewards. If I want to have a break for few months now, I must leave FS and upon return to look for another FS, etc. In both cases, my place would be in the FS full of inactive players, otherwise I won't have a chance to play casual game (it would be my understanding of 'casual').
In any case, I don't see this proposal as a direct threat to the existence of FS, I only see more options opening up to an individual player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skelve

Bard
Thats not what he ment?
now a person doing one provice, 1 round (30 points) and if the fellowship gathers 17chests, that person will get as much reward as all the other 24 players of the fellowship.

So what he ment is, like in the spire that 30 point player would get nothing as he added "nothing" to the tournament achievement of the fellowship.

So what he wants is a mechanism for all players to help to get the tournmanent rewards just like the spire does.
So a certain tournnament schievement should be achieved to share the rewards. and how many is based on your individual result.

example:
30 points: 1st chest
80 points: 2nd chest
150 points: 3rd chest
250 points: 4th chest
390 points: 5th chest
560 points: 6th chest
760 points: 7th chest
1000 points: 8th chest
1280 points: 9th chest
1600 points: 10th chest
2000 points: 11th chest
2400 points: 12th chest
2800 points: 13th chest
ect:

If you do not meet those marks your not eligable for those chests, even if the fellowship unlocks them.

This saves a lot of archmages kicking the lazy ones into action, at least thats what I presume his intension is.
Thanks, @CrazyWizard for clarifying my viewpoint very accurately.

davemc

Bard
I think the better way to say it is, that being in a group makes it harder to quit. as you do not only quit the game, but also "quit" the friendships you might have build up in your fellowship. so group thinks make people play the game, overcome bad periods and find new periods of fun and hopefully spending.

For the same reason people do not change fellowships often even if that fellowship does not conform to there ambitions. it takes a lot of time and consideration before these people decide to leave and move on. sometimes years.

kurgkurg

Conjurer
If people are not happy with the way the FS they are in is being run they should consider finding a different FS. There are FS that are relaxed and do not insist members do a certain amount in tournaments or spire etc. The FS i am in has only 1 rule and that is to do a minimum of 4 visits per week and we seldom need to look for members. It is all about finding a FS that suits your needs, there will be one out there.

I like what Timneh says about fs, and I want to add, I would encourage people to swap fs who don't fit with their current fs. Although it may not even succeed one at a time, not every fs overview points enough out the side of how fs are dealing with the game. But surely there are fs here with a very different attitude and purpose, both for achievement-lovers and friendship and chat lovers, both for those who like to receive more awards than for those who want not to be distracted from playing their own game.

Skelve

Bard
An improvement to the idea to address some of the concerns raised here could be to make that a setting ArchMage/Mage can enable and disable. based on how they would like to run the fellowship.