• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Spire difficulty suddenly increased at Orc chapter?

Pauly7

Magus
My guess is the majority still don´t understand how the tourneys have changed, they had it banged into their heads for years that taking optional SS upgrades is bad for tourneys, one year of new tourneys has not been enough to eradicate this old information

I know at least two or three people who've told me they understand how it works, but are still worried about the optional SSUs because completing them is irreversible and what if Inno revereses their decision on the tournament formula. It's never going to change back now, but that's what I've heard.

Pauly7

Magus
Forgive me if I am wrong, but does different squad sizes not train for different lengths of time in the barracks? My observation is that if I train more troops, be that by way of more troops in a squad or having more squads (more armouries) training time lengthens if the barracks training speed stays the same.
No, this is what I messed up in a previous message, in my haste. Increasing your squad size doesn't increase the total time you can train for. When your squad size goes up you'll just notice less squads training at a time. It just serves to increase how many you fight with in regular province encounters.

However... the training size that a Dwarven Bulwark adds to your total goes up when squad size increases, so if you have that AW you will see the total training time increase as the SS goes up.

Gargon667

Mentor
Forgive me if I am wrong, but does different squad sizes not train for different lengths of time in the barracks? My observation is that if I train more troops, be that by way of more troops in a squad or having more squads (more armouries) training time lengthens if the barracks training speed stays the same.

Squad size has nothing to do with training squad size. If you build more armories/Shrooms/Bulwark, then the training size increases and the time you need to train does lengthen.
But increasing your SS does not increase training squad size, so it does not lengthen the queue.

However increasing your SS makes it LOOK like it takes longer because the same number of troops now represent fewer squads (because the SS got bigger), it also makes your army camp LOOK smaller, because you have fewer squads in the army camp, but still the same number of troops. Since your squad size has nothing to do with tourney/spire, SS has become a completely arbitrary number of no importance whatsoever. But it always looks very important, because it is very prominently displayed in the army camp. Abandoning this number entirely would make it much more understandable for the average player. Simply display actual unit numbers, instead of this silly squad size that does nothing of importance anymore nowadays.