• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire Costs and Prizes - Do Something About Fragments Please!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
That makes sense, too of course, so basically it depends on if the libraries hand out a higher proportion of CC or SF... And what you say suggests the latter. Now I really don´t optimize my SF output in my sets, it actually is the only thing I absolutely don´t care about if they get produced or not, but I suppose the libraries alone produce tons as a prerequisite to the CCs.
Both the library and the endless scroll have spell fragments as rewards.
But since you do not care / doesnt matter you most likely don't even notice it.

DeletedUser3305

Interesting, you are the second person that mentions it... unfortunately this is one of the resources I have absolutely no idea how much I have, because it is in the category "have more than I could ever use until the end of the game" together with rune shards, relics and enchantments, so i never look how many I actually have... But I just looked: I have 387k now, If the thread is still going in a week or 2 I will check again :)
Crafting seems to be my main production these days besides troops of course. I have 7 Spire libraries making acatalysts atm and probably going to place at least one more soon, the MA(lvl5) is running on CC 24/7 since crafting was invented (the sole exception being the first 2 or so days of every FA) and I have finished the spire every week since it started with a few passes on stage 3 during the first 2 or 3 month). I have occasionally timeboosted CCs as well, so I think most likely I am one of the happiest crafters I know. So if anyone should be losing SF I should be a prime candidate... I wonder how many years of flipping the MA it will take to get me to 0 SF?
Still be a long time is my guess. :) When I started this thread I was just irritated that day after the spire. A fs member said I should say something in the forum so I took her advice. I started thinking about all the changes over the years (i'm going on year 6). The last 6 months I've been losing interest (I should've quit when they took away the goods for every polishing). Monotony, tedium. Currently I'm running 7 S Libraries, lvl5 MA running 24/7. I carry about 300k in sf producing cc's. I craft all the timers, troops boosts, pet food. I didn't mean to start a ruckus or anything. How about a new Initiative boost or maybe be able to trade inventory? (I have enough blue flames and glitter trees), maybe change the percentage on the chests. The timers from the spire are just used to rebuild troops along with all the crafted ones. Maybe double the timers for the fastest fs to the top especially now that the troops ques have been separated. I mainly cater the spire and fight in tourny. Thanks all for the replys and insights! Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Enneth

Adventurer
Say Aqualin, a new way to "enchant" a squad by blessing them with Spell Fragments would be pretty keen no?

This could be a feature that lets players tackle extra hard enimies or bosses if Inno ever wants to making some insanely hard battles. :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Do not forget, too many, and too few is balancing a fine line.

If you have a little to much, each week it accumulates and ends up becomming a huge number. (and might annoy you)
But remove some, and it might be too little, and then you get back to the point in the past where everyone was always scraping together fragments.

Wanting more fragments was a wish from the community back then.
I rather have a little too much than a little to few.

Alcaro

Necromancer
IMHO are way too many Spell fragments in Spire. While CC and time instants are super useful and not quite easy to get them [CC requires too many relics and with the new tourny not easy to keep up with the demands, Time instants are needed everywhere - from upgrades to speed up the Spire itself], the SF are not that hard to get them. Sorry to say but with these new events, I have soooo many buildings perfect candidates to disenchant.
Bottom line, just lower a bit the % of Spell fragments and increase the % for CC and Time instants.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have getting on towards half a million spell fragments now having completed every spire since it's introduction, they are as useless now as the full bar of broken shards that is full for years and fills up within a day of using them on occasion.

I also have CC falling out of my ears, more than I can use crafting 24/7 with a level 5 Academy.

Shortfalls are supplies instants in my case, but maybe something brand new would be the way to go, a unique building that needs 100 parts/thingies to build and they get earned from the spire instead of so many spell fragments, I suggest take out the big ones and just keep the 500 ones.

Hekata

Artisan
Come on folks, you know exactly what's going to happen if we keep complaining about too much SF: They will reduce the amounts we can get by 3/4 and then start asking for buckets of them for something else and it we'll end up whining there there is not enough SF. We've been though this so many times by now.

m4rt1n

Adept
Come on folks, you know exactly what's going to happen if we keep complaining about too much SF: They will reduce the amounts we can get by 3/4 and then start asking for buckets of them for something else and it we'll end up whining there there is not enough SF. We've been though this so many times by now.

We can still suggest, I am not going to live in fear of a nerf and be a yes man. I do respect your opinion though @Hekata and understand why you say what you do.

It's like someone asking "I am a millionaire, please remove blueprints from the game as players are catching me up gradually when I rushed with my gold pockets and that isn't fair"..., the devs won't suddenly remove blueprints. :p

Hekata

Artisan
We can still suggest, I am not going to live in fear of a nerf and be a yes man. I do respect your opinion though @Hekata and understand why you say what you do.
It's not about being a yes man. We are standing up for the tournaments because they are an important part of the game and because that change influence our city balance a lot. But having too much SF doesn't hurt anyone. Having too few if they decide to make a big nerf would. I do agree it would be nice to have more supply instants, I lack those too and ideally they would just revers the chances of getting supplies and SF in that 1st gate but so far they have never just adjusted a bit something that needs more balance. The outcome would probably be we'd still be lacking supply instants but we'd have problems SF on top of that.

Pauly7

Magus
The truth of it is, what people want is for the extra spell fragments to be replaced with something they do want... but that will never happen. The two possible outcomes are that they will just reduce the amount of SF that are given, or they will come up with something that's going to demand loads more of them.

m4rt1n

Adept
So what everyone is saying, now we cannot suggest anything as that suggestion will end in a nerf????
@Hekata @Pauly7 that you frown upon anyone making a suggestion for fear of a nerf???

Maybe I need to find another form of contact with Inno to make any suggestions then as this negativity sure puts off a lot of players from posting on this forum. I do realise that nerfs happen but to try and stop them by saying not to suggest is not free feedback, no offence meant in my post to either of you guys. I respect all your opinions. :)

Hekata

Artisan
I apologise @m4rt1n , I didn't mean to upset you :) And I didn't say you can't post your suggestion I said how it's all probably going to end based on how things went so far :)
Obviously the forum is the place for everyone to make suggestions, I just think it's better to ask the devs to add something (for instance: we need more supplies instants) than ask them to rebalance/remove something. For the simple reason that we all play this game differently and we have different needs for our cities. I remember a big discussion about crafting, form maybe 6 month ago or more, when most players here suggested the relics should be removed from crafting. I also thought it was a good idea but then just as a test I asked my FS what do they craft the most and to my surprise a lot of players (with smaller cities ofc) said they only craft relics.

Getting back to the SF topic, not everyone has tones of them. Some people don't play the whole spire just the 1st level or less. I actually know players who complete just the fist 2 floors to get the teleport and the SF.

Pauly7

Magus
@m4rt1n no I'm not saying anyone should stop making the suggestions they believe in. I've said here before that we should continue to point out improvements anyway, but I'm just saying that judging from past history it doesn't ever end up with them just replacing the less useful thing with a more useful thing. Just pointing that out.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes @Hekata @Pauly7 I have seen it myself many times with popular suggestions ending in a nerf, it just gets me in general that sometimes the devs listen to half the problem also.

Thank you for explaining guy's, very much appreciated.

Still I think we should all continue to freely give opinions without the worry of that happening, especially for players new to the forums.

Most players from my fellowship and from what I read here and elsewhere are all in agreement though, the amount of spell fragments is ridiculously high and far too easy to achieve, so the devs do need to address it somehow, without destroying the game.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yes @Hekata @Pauly7 I have seen it myself many times with popular suggestions ending in a nerf, it just gets me in general that sometimes the devs listen to half the problem also.

Thank you for explaining guy's, very much appreciated.

Still I think we should all continue to freely give opinions without the worry of that happening, especially for players new to the forums.

Most players from my fellowship and from what I read here and elsewhere are all in agreement though, the amount of spell fragments is ridiculously high and far too easy to achieve, so the devs do need to address it somehow, without destroying the game.
They are in agreement due to stacking of the rewards week over week.

Ad some pointed out some people do not play the entire spire and still have af issues.
Others do the entire spire and have 7 libraries +components and have no way to get rid of them.

Another groep plays the spire but barely crafts.

Myself I play the entire spire, have no library sets in my city and craft like a madman which leads to a dwindling supply of spell fragments.

In event I now look for stuff to demolish for sf.

There are many players, and not that long ago all players had an issue with too little spell fragments.

2000 spell fragments spare a week leads to 100k fragments in a year

But 2000 too few leads to the inability to make whatever you like.

Timneh

Artisan
People play the game differently and therefore some have spell fragments coming out of their ears while other players would love to be able to get more. If they reduce the amount of fragments available then the players that use loads are going to suffer while the players that have loads will be happier (but not really gain any advantage unless they replaced the fragments with something else). If the devs introduced a new use for the fragments the people that are already short of them will still be at a disadvantage.
I do not know what the answer is but i do think that reducing the available amount of fragments will not solve it.
Instead of people just saying reduce the amount of fragments we get maybe they could think of things to suggest to the devs and therefore hopefully reduce the chances of the devs screwing things up as they seem to be so good at doing.

FieryArien

Necromancer
This whole thread strongly reminds me of the “there are too many pet food recipes in my magic academy” affair some time ago.

And I wholeheartedly agree, that it’s much safer to ask Inno Games to add something that complain that we have too much of something.

Gargon667

Mentor
The truth of it is, what people want is for the extra spell fragments to be replaced with something they do want... but that will never happen. The two possible outcomes are that they will just reduce the amount of SF that are given, or they will come up with something that's going to demand loads more of them.

I would love option 2! Something that eats SF for breakfast would be awesome! Make them valuable instead of boring. then of course people will comlpain about not having enough, but that can be happily ignored by all of us who have had too many at some point! Just imagine, even events would then become an interesting source of SF again suddenly! The crappiest daily price building will be worth gold if it is 20 squares big and makes a ton of SF!

Since powerful things are out of the question nowadays, I ask for a fun something! Since I like team things more than individual things I would prefer a FS something. I think I suggested building a tower of paper bricks in which every FS member can contribute way back when lol. I would still like the idea.
How about using the code for the team spire progress, so it would be cheap to develop. The only difference would be to make the rewards very small, but permanent weekly payout for all FS members. Attach a rank list and it is ready to go :)

valle

Soothsayer
Sensible course of action. If everyone says they need more supplies instants from the Spire that might be a safer request than saying there are too many fragments.

The problem is that they will likely remove some useful things (like time instants and CC) and replace it with supply instants.