• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Spire and Fire Phoenix

Master Arthur

Alchemist
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that it is virtually impossible to make a lot of progress in the Spire without having a Fire Phoenix at level 10 & food to feed her, thereby having its power of a 50% unit damage bonus.
Unfortunately, when I had to make the decision on which Phoenix to build I selected Storm.(The Spire was not around at the time) Whilst it appears that we may be given another opportunity later to raise the level of our current Fire Phoenix, my only course of action, in an attempt to get sufficient power for my troops to win my battles in the Spire, is to upgrade my Ancient Wonders which have a unit damage bonus.
The A.W.'s in question are Heroes Forge (Heavy Melee), Dragon Abbey (Mage), Victory Springs (Light Melee) and Toads Temple (Heavy Range. There does not appear to be an AW that offers Light Range Boast.
My question is if I upgrade these all to say level 11 will I have sufficient power to offset my loss from not having a level 10 Fire Phoenix to succeed in making good progress within the spire?????

Julian

Sorcerer
The only one I have of those is the dragon abbey at lv 8. That increases my mage powers by 14%. I don't think it would get to 50%. So, the short answer is no. You should also look at the martial monastery, which increases health. My lv 13 increases health by 15%. Also, consider crafting temporary troop buildings in the MA. Using several of them in combination would be more powerful than a fire phoenix.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
I agree about crafting Troop Enhancements but I tend to keep them for my fellowship "push tournaments" for 10 chests and a blueprint. Yes, I already have my Martial Monastery at level 11 but I am able to work out what level the benefits from an increase in troop health, are to those from actual unit damage.

Pauly7

Magus
I never use any troops in the Spire, if that answers your question. I save all my troops for tournament fighting and all my goods and supplies for Spire negotiation. I don't have any problem getting to the top each week, but I understand that kind of catering can be draining, depending on where you are in the game. For me, Spire fighting is just too costly. It works OK for the 1st stage, but quickly gets out of hand after that.

DeletedUser9591

I am fighting in the spire (it specifically applies to the map 3; however, not every encounter - depends). Without fire phoenix it is impossible to fight. Usually all time boosts won in the spire go towards troops produced to do the spire.
If I negotiate the spire, my city is broke after couple weeks of negotiations (I do not use diamonds to complete negotiations).

Master Arthur

Alchemist
I must be a simpleton but I just cannot carry out successfully any negotiations. There must be a answer on how to do it unless it is just down to knowledge on what to place where. I tried putting the same offer to all and splitting the requirements right across the board but I also seem to end up being asked to do it all again. I also would not use diamonds to complete negotiations anyway.
I am still looking for an answer please if you know, what is the value of a % increase in Troop Health compared to % increase in Troop power to kill.

Pauly7

Magus
I must be a simpleton but I just cannot carry out successfully any negotiations. There must be a answer on how to do it unless it is just down to knowledge on what to place where. I tried putting the same offer to all and splitting the requirements right across the board but I also seem to end up being asked to do it all again. I also would not use diamonds to complete negotiations anyway.
It's all a matter of logic, though success is not guaranteed unless there are only three options in the first level.

On the first go pick as many different goods types as possible. If there are 5 options, put one of each into the 5 spirits. Following that it is just a logical deduction. If, after 2 goes it still requires more than one guess, then pull out and start again. It is helpful to use 25 diamonds once each on the "boss" encounters on the second and third stages. Using any more than that is optional, but will save on goods if you decide to. You will likely fail several times at various points, but you should get it eventually.

Julian

Sorcerer
When you have 5 or 6 things to negotiate, I will pull out after the first round if nothing has blanked out.

Regarding strength / health. The fire phoenix, for example, increases the ability to kill your opponents. Things like the martial monastery that increase health, increase your ability to withstand attacks from the enemy.

DeletedUser4149

people who didn't get a strong fire phoenix and brown bear are pretty much permanently screwed or at least at a serious disadvantage in a lot of ways if they wanna compete w/ top cities, just like those who unlocked squad size upgrades early. +50% damage makes all of the combat bonuses from wonders look insignificant.

Gargon667

Mentor
people who didn't get a strong fire phoenix and brown bear are pretty much permanently screwed or at least at a serious disadvantage in a lot of ways if they wanna compete w/ top cities, just like those who unlocked squad size upgrades early. +50% damage makes all of the combat bonuses from wonders look insignificant.

That is true. The sad thing is that everybody who picked the wrong bird the first time around got a second chance, but very few took it, so really you can´t help people, if they don´t wanna be helped...

Timneh

Artisan
In the phoenix event for this year (2 events ago i think) it was possible to craft old phoenix artifacts from new ones in crafting making it possible to upgrade old phoenix buildings. I think that is what Gargon667 means by second chance.

DeletedUser4149

That is true. The sad thing is that everybody who picked the wrong bird the first time around got a second chance, but very few took it, so really you can´t help people, if they don´t wanna be helped...
true but i feel bad for newer players that'll probably never have that chance again.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Crafting recipes include the Magnificent Mage Multiplyer and Enlightened Light Range, with the Dwarven Armorer being a frequest reward in the Spire of Eternity. These can be most useful to place as expiring buildings also and generally allow at least level 1 of the Spire to be accomplished with units......is another thought

Last edited:

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Agreed. These are most useful but not a replacement for a level 10 Fire Phoenix. I had these this past week to help my Fellowship gets its once a month attempt 10 chest tournament award and found that, as these were very active parts of my troops strength, I also achieved my highest every level in the Spire. BUT without a level 10 Fire Phoenix I am sadly limited to this level of performance/achievement once a month.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
There does not appear to be an AW that offers Light Range Boast.

yup.JPG

Light Range Boost :)

I have been known to stack the Dwarven Armorers especially when I am on a mission as I love the Spire and am not much of a Tournament fan, although I am working on improving that thought process ;)

Oh yeah... I have eight spire sets, to keep up with all the power buildings, sometimes, a lot of them show in a row, and sometimes they don't for days (but there is good stuff to craft most of the time). Dwarven Armorer is the best. So the Spire does pay for the tournament (it is a lot of knowledge...)