• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Spells Collection thread] Spells Ideas

DeletedUser3

Dear Elves and Humans,

As part of plans to improve the Magic Academy we are looking for your ideas for new Spells. The new Spells that have been suggested so far elsewhere in the Ideas section are:

Increase Population
Combat Spells

It would be cool if you could give us your other Spells ideas by posting in this thread. We will then pass them on to our Game Designers for consideration. Please only give Spells suggestions here, for other feedback for improving the Magic Academy, please see the Magic Academy thread linked above.

We're looking forward to hearing your ideas :)

Kind Regards
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser424

A few ideas from me:

SCOUTING
-50% reduced time for scouting (1 spell = 1 province)
1 additional scout (disappers after province is revealed)

TROOPS
+200% unit production speed in barracks for 12h
All units get +75% damage and +100% health for 1h

BUILDINGS

+50% residences coins production boost for 24h (1 spell affects all residences)
+100% workshop supplies boost for 24h (1 spell affects all workshops)
+200% goods production for 12h (1 spell affects all of the same tier manufactories)

Bonus % and time may not be balanced, but i just wanted to show examples.

DeletedUser1683

I would like a spell that makes the whole Academy debacle go away.

Sometimes it's best just to admit defeat and realise you are only going to annoy customers more by persisting with an idea that is broken from the very beginning.

Drop the Academy. No one wants it.

I would suggest a spell that shortens my scouting time...1 and a half day is way too much!

I totally agree that a day and a half is not workable. The solution is to reduce the scouting time, it does not need some spell to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aureliae

Seeker
An increase population spell would have to be permanent, not temporary. As would a special spell to reveal more land to expand in to.

Suggested elsewhere, but I agree: global spells that boost all of your manufacturies or all of your workshops or all of your culture buildings, rather than one at a time. That's the kind of benefit that I expect from day long build times. You could actually have a few levels - your single building boost spell, a group boost that produces say 5 or 10 building spells at once, and your global.

Also agree with scouting spells, but given most of us are complaining, perhaps you should just modify that globally as a fix... and then offer scouting spells to get it down further to say an hour, or a time turner that changes the hours to minutes \o/ or scout multiple provinces at once.

Complete now spells - completing all builds, manufactures underway, workshops, residences, everything so it's all at 100% and ready to harvest. Allowing busy people who either need to go to work or bed to zap their city, harvest everything and move on. Also a harvest everything spell, allowing every building to be harvested in one click. Combine the two and you can complete everything and harvest everything in two clicks, then you just need to re-start your builds - which I don't think can be done universally...

I'm getting really tired of not being able to play the game. The magic academy at the moment does nothing to fix that, in fact, it makes it worse, but you're actively stopping me from continuing my Arendyll game to go and build an MA when I made the decision not to build one there (after already having done so in Beta and Winyandor and concluding it wasn't worth it). If you want us to use the POC then it needs to have MASSIVELY shorter spell manufacture times, and it has to demonstrably speed up/improve the game.

Thank you.

DeletedUser403

I built an MA when you introduced them, I wanted to discover its worth for myself!

I have used the spells I was rewarded from each new chapter and it allowed me to replenish my supplies in a day when I did a massive culture change.

Whilst in the sad moments of looking at an idle building, currently using up 25 squares - I have on occasion made some spells.

And with all that said - it genuinely is not worth the space it occupies.

If it is to remain mandatory, perhaps:

1. It should be much smaller OR attach a culture value (even a temporary one whilst you look at implementing some of the great ideas already in this thread)
  2. Allow us to produce an advanced scouting spell to either reduce the cost of scouting or reduce the time of scouting new provinces
  3. A spell to make a temporary 2nd and 3rd scout
  4. A spell to select which rune type we would like to collect after a completed province
  5. A spell to reduce the cost of negotiating provinces or additional buffs for battling armies
  6. A neighbourly help spell - you can select 2 items to support
  7. A permanent shrinking spell - select a building to make smaller
  8. A permanent spell to remove trading costs with undiscovered neighbours
  9. A spell to make all the currently obsolete rune shards we have collected for built AW's into the runes shards we actually need
  10. A spell to permanently increase the population of a residence (especially as in the space the MA takes up I could have at least 2 residences and 1000 more working pop)
  11. A spell to reduce the diamond cost of buying premium culture buildings
  12. A permanent spell to magically attach a building to your main hall without it being on a road
The list of possibilities is endless and has the potential to make the game so much more interesting: a design of permanent and temporary buffs to our cities should be included - with permanent using a few more resources and taking longer to produce.

This should not have been the disaster that it has become: you have great game and clearly have vision for its future, but the implementation of the mandatory MA was very poorly executed.

Wylie xx

DeletedUser1683

How long must we wait your so-called development team?

DeletedUser1295

How long must we wait your so-called development team?
Please keep on topic Penjara, this thread is meant for posting new ideas for spells .
Your answer can hardly be qualified as a 'new spell suggestion/idea' :p

I also would like to add an extra note here:
• All the ideas posted here will be forwarded in the coming week to the development team who will will take ALL ideas/suggestions into consideration. Already some great ideas/suggestions have been posted, thank you all for taking the time to do so! ... and you all still have time to post new ideas!
However, implementing approved ideas/suggestion will take time, still we will keep you informed as much as we can on the progress :)

DeletedUser1683

I congratulate you on your three positive posts - though the ideas put forward again point out the inadequacies of your original plans.

So, let's take a vote. Keep it or lose it. I dare you .....

DeletedUser

All right, while I resent being asked which condiments--lettuce, mayo, tomato and cheese?--I would like to have with my excrement sandwich, I will give an idea for a spell that I am certain would assuage the angered masses. Though I doubt it would be done as it would upset the physical geometry used in the game map.

How about a spell that allows a player to change one of his boosts so that fellowships can have some path to sort out their greatest struggle: the balancing of goods. Sure, we'd still stare at it using up those 25 squares and grumble, but people would use it, and even build it intentionally without being man-handled into doing so.

Since boosts are pre-determined by on which hexagon a city sits, perhaps if two players cast a special spell meant for two within a certain time period, their cities could magically change locations giving them different boosts? This would have the side-effect of creating more in-game communication. Fellowships would talk to each other. Maybe you'd still get grumbling, but with a spell like that at least people would be resigned to the idea of the magic academy being here.

DeletedUser1185

I'd like to see permanent spells as a way of 'upgrading' culture buildings- say ten or twenty relics to permanently increase the culture of a building by 10 or 20%. it would mean people might keep a wider range of cultural buildings in their cities, since they will have upgraded them, which visually is a lot more interesting than rows and rows of the same.

DeletedUser72

TROOPS
+200% unit production speed in barracks for 12h
All units get +75% damage and +100% health for 1h

I have yet to use a spell and I have a quest to use a spell at the moment too! I like the idea of the troops production speed. When I heard that the spells would boost buildings, that was the 1st thing that popped into my mind. I just don't have a need or time to take advantage of the current spells. Also, that attack buff would have to use one of every relic to make and I would still be making them 24/7.

DeletedUser487

Would it be possible to have spells which last for the current productions of workshops and manufactories? I am also not able to take full advantage of that feature. For example, before the end of a 9-hour supplies production, I cast a spell. But since I have a life outside the game, I lose that boosted effect if I am unable to log in within the allotted time. So if before I go to bed, I cast my production spell, but since it is only for that one production, it remains until I collect the supplies? I hope that's worded OK, it makes sense in my head :p

My personal favourites are the coin boosting spell and the training time reduction spell. What about a knowledge spell that gives 1KP upon being cast?

DeletedUser403

I like Teao's idea of a spell to increase the culture of a building.

This idea particularly appeals to me with premium culture buildings - I bought a couple early on in the game with population attached and tbh if wasn't for the fact I actually had to go to work and earn the money that paid for them, I would have deleted them and replaced them with higher valued buildings: so a stacking spell to improve all the benefits would be great, allowing us to bring early premium culture buildings in line with our advancing chapters!

W x

DeletedUser72

What about a knowledge spell that gives 1KP upon being cast?

You can buy KP using the "+" to the bottom left of the KP gauge. Have not used gold recently. But you can us boosted goods to get them. I believe T1 goes up #40 each time. T2 #20, and T3 #10. And of course you can us diamonds as well. I am doing this right before work so can not go into game to double check. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

DeletedUser1706

Lots of good ideas, like several of the as well as those with positive attitudes :)

WylieScout's

1 - It should be much smaller OR attach a culture value (even a temporary one whilst you look at implementing some of the great ideas already in this thread)
Really like this one, our Fellowship agrees to smaller, maybe an upgrade without Diamonds to make the MA smaller in size and there after convert it to combination culture status and no need for road connection to MH.

2 & 3 Allow us to produce an advanced scouting spell to either reduce the cost of scouting or reduce the time of scouting new provinces and a spell to make a temporary 2nd and 3rd scout

4 A spell to select which rune type we would like to collect after a completed province

5 A spell to reduce the cost of negotiating provinces or additional buffs for battling armies Excellent one, reduce cost of negotiating or downsize opponents squad size.

Thanks! No1Cat

DeletedUser487

You can buy KP using the "+" to the bottom left of the KP gauge. Have not used gold recently. But you can us boosted goods to get them. I believe T1 goes up #40 each time. T2 #20, and T3 #10. And of course you can us diamonds as well. I am doing this right before work so can not go into game to double check. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, KP can be bought this way too. Just thought it would be a big incentive of players if they could gain knowledge points this way too.

DeletedUser3

Dear Humans and Elves,

Thank you for all your awesome ideas. These have been forwarded to our development team for consideration. We very much hope to see some of your ideas implemented in the game in the future.

Deleted User - 13667

Since we are at spells,

It would be better and more sensible to use the non-boosted relics on more permanent effect items like say investing into the MA to increase the effectiveness of some spells. Since everyone's boosted goods is slightly different, everyone gets to boost their spells differently.

Having to spend relics on a not so lasting effect spell is bad idea. Why cant the spells be randomly casted from the MA instead?