• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

space

My idea and suggestion is to give more space to our cities.
The game could have a beautiful look, it has beautiful buildings, with impressive design work, an excellent work of art in the new buildings, congratulations to the designers. Beautiful new buildings appear frequently.
But then, when we visited cities of the most advanced players, we only found ugly, super confused and very consenting cities, with the buildings all on top of each other. There is no space to appreciate your excellent art work.
It seems that the more we progress in the game, the uglier our city becomes.
Please think about it.

Pauly7

Magus
It tends to be this way, but it doesn't have to be. If building an attractive city is what someone wants to do then it's absolutely possible. That's always my own primary goal. You just have to give up A LOT in ranking points to do it. Giving cities more space wouldn't help because people would use the extra space just to create more of the same congestion.

Julian

Sorcerer
The best way to have a pretty city is to have lots of the same thing. Over time, we gather more individual ancient wonders and keep things from previous events, so things get messy over time. I find cleaning out prior to the FA is a good thing.

Pauly7

Magus
Well that's in the eye of the beholder, of course, but you can check out mine if you're on Arendyll.

Pauly7

Magus
The best way to have a pretty city is to have lots of the same thing.
I'm not sure how having lots of the same thing is pretty. I think that's what makes cities look the worst. Where possible I don't have any duplicate buildings because I'm looking for a sense of realism.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
On which world do you play, @osaao ? I have come across some players that build for aesthetics. Will be happy to share a name or two with you. Some even have little stories attached to why their cities are like that.

I'm not sure how having lots of the same thing is pretty. I think that's what makes cities look the worst. Where possible I don't have any duplicate buildings because I'm looking for a sense of realism.
In fact, I don't know either. Because my strategy towards a beautiful city, has been the opposite, precisely not having repeated and equal things, always trying to have only one building of each.
Of course it is impossible in residences and workshops.
But it is an idea that I will think about.

On which world do you play, @osaao ? I have come across some players that build for aesthetics. Will be happy to share a name or two with you. Some even have little stories attached to why their cities are like that.
I'm not sure, can you help me know that? Where can I know this?
I only know this: osaao - Elf, sun7 on EN3 - Felyndral

Well that's in the eye of the beholder, of course, but you can check out mine if you're on Arendyll.
is there any way for me to visit your city, I already looked for "Pauly7" and says: player not found.

Pauly7

Magus
Of course it is impossible in residences and workshops.
Au contrare... I don't have any two residences or workshops the same. As I say, it depends where your priorities lie. My only duplicates tend to be small culture objects, because they're just background decoration. You don't look directly at them.

Edit: I lied. I have two chapter 15 Magic Workshops. I feel bad about it, but they're too good. They are on opposite sides of the city though.
Because my strategy towards a beautiful city, has been the opposite, precisely not having repeated and equal things, always trying to have only one building of each.
My thoughts exactly. The problem with repetition is that the buildings are identical, but they look like they should be completely unique, especially with some of the animations. That's why when two buildings the same are placed in close proximity it destroys the illusion.
is there any way for me to visit your city, I already looked for "Pauly7" and says: player not found.
Yeah unfortunately you'd need to be on Arendyll to see. There's nothing to stop you going back to the menu, clicking Arendyll, then allowing it to start a new city there. If you do nothing to it, then it will just be auto-deleted after a few weeks.

Gargon667

Mentor
Edit: I lied. I have two chapter 15 Magic Workshops. I feel bad about it, but they're too good. They are on opposite sides of the city though.

Already have a Magic one? If not you could swap one of them out?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I am also on Felyndral, @osaao . I will mail you the names. Not so sure if one should mention it on the forum. What I consider as striking, might not be appealing to you as you are saying that you do not like duplicate buildings. That may also go for symmetry.

The best way to have a pretty city is to have lots of the same thing. Over time, we gather more individual ancient wonders and keep things from previous events, so things get messy over time. I find cleaning out prior to the FA is a good thing.
Thanks Julian and BlueBlou, I saw some examples and I was able to understand, the idea that having many similar buildings can make cities more beautiful. And this idea in fact works very well in big cities, where things are always very concentrated. Perhaps this is the best and final way.

Pauly7 thanks, for now and because my city is still small, I will continue with this idea, to always have different buildings.

Gargon667

Mentor
Not sure what you're asking. I was saying I have 2 Magic Workshops and that breaks my rule of not having duplicate buildings.

I was thinking if you have 2 regular WS of the same level you could replace one of them with a magic WS, which would make you have a slightly different version of the same building.

Pauly7

Magus
I was thinking if you have 2 regular WS of the same level you could replace one of them with a magic WS, which would make you have a slightly different version of the same building.
I don't have any two regular workshops the same. My only duplicate is having 2 chapter 15 magic ones.