• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Sound notifications

DeletedUser

[Summary] - Sound notifications if building has finished construction

[Details]
- Function similar to "construction's complete sound". Every type of building should have it's own sound.

[Reasons for implementing]
- I usually has the game running in background. Now I check every several minutes if there are new supplies to collect, or if barracks needs new orders. It would be nice if there was some kind of sound notification that my manufactory or workshop has finished production, is waiting for new orders and the goods or supplies are ready to be collected. Something similar to the sound when construction/upgrade is finished and my builder is ready for new task

[Impact on other game features]
- Mainly (or even only) city screen. Maybe option to turn sounds on/off would have to be expanded (I'm not sure, probably not)

DeletedUser

No need something like that,cuz when u put your browser in background,the sound from flashplayer will automatic set off on this type of game,at least on me is happening this. :),anyway is easy to know when is finish a contruction,if u put the building at 12:00h,will be finis at 13:40h(if the building time is 1:40h) :p

DeletedUser23

I would quite like a notification to be honest, it's annoying having to remember every time you started every production and building upgrade, especially when sat here watching programs, doing work or playing other games, the time will fly by.

DeletedUser

The sound doesn't set off for me as I can hear the "constriction's finished" sound (and music). Maybe it's because I don't minimize the browser... hmm..

It's easy to remember the time manufactories finish production. The problem begins when you upgrade several buildings and then start production - these times may vary then a lot. And there's of course training time - it changes every time you upgrade barracks and armories.
And remember that you'll need many manufactoies and workshops later

Those sounds could really be very helpful. They might be even the same as when you open the building or collect goods/supplies (so no new sounds would be necessary to make).
I'm thinking about starting the poll in the first post, but I'll wait and see haw the discussion will develop.

DeletedUser98

I think a finished construction will produce a sound, but i would definitely love if a completed barracks training, supplies production, goods production, and full gold in a residence in will have notification sounds as well, which you can set separately in the settings.

DeletedUser

About "full gold in residence": it would be nice if the sound warned us 10 - 15 minutes before it'll reach its capacity

DeletedUser108

I love the idea of having sounds for these things. Excellent idea!

DeletedUser122

Sometimes i play more than one game so a sound would benefit me.