• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Sorcerers' Pilgrimage

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves

Please use this thread to discuss the Sorcerer' Pilgrimage!

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jackluyt

Shaman
The new event starts on Monday!
It is nice and easy!!
Read all about it here:
You are welcome to share our note with friends and fellowship.

109792832_10217250268269381_5297459102364720144_n.jpg

This file was created for the free-to join Facebook group Elvenar Platinum Leaf -
a large group of Elvenar lovers with lots of files and videos
and all the latest news and discussion.
You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship -
and we would love to have them in the group too!

Last edited:

rock stream

Scholar
Has the rewards been enhanced from what has been rolled out in Beta or they likely to remain degraded?

Pauly7

Magus
My thoughts so far are:

• Very easy quest-line
  • Daily buildings made more difficult to win than usual
  • A few nice looking dailies, but nothing with exciting stats
  • Another underwhelming evolving building - The mage payout is so small it might as well not be there
  • You have to be lucky or spend some money in order to get the Golem up to level 10 (within the event)
  • The more familiar 3 chest system has gone through a cosmetic overhaul. It's nice to see some new graphics, but it's only cosmetic. It comes with a downside, too, it's much harder to see the exact progress to the next grand prize.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7526

My thoughts so far are:

• Very easy quest-line
  • Another underwhelming evolving building - The mage payout is so small it might as well not be there
  • You have to be lucky or spend some money in order to get the Golem up to level 10 (within the event)
  • The more familiar 3 chest system has gone through a cosmetic overhaul. It's nice to see some new graphics, but it's only cosmetic. It comes with a downside, too, it's much harder to see the exact progress to the next grand prize.
Very aptly summarised.

Hekata

Artisan
I've just got the quest solve 2 encounters or solve 2 tournament encounters (instead of the usual 8). Not sure if it's because they forgot to undo the changes made for Beta or it means we are getting the new tournament system during the time of the event, like this week or the next one.

KinkyPink

Novice
Received my email clicked the link but will not load on website keeps crashing am I being too quick? How do I know what world I’m in? Clicked the highlight green option, not tried any others yet

Attachments

• 19B72845-612B-47FE-8913-D91D0AB514C2.png
    19B72845-612B-47FE-8913-D91D0AB514C2.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 103

DeletedUser9231

My thoughts so far are:

• Very easy quest-line

I agree!

The buildings on offer (and the unit instances) are rather underwhelming this time round and who has space for all these new buildings anyway? I'm not looking at them in terms of their respective benefits, but in terms of how many spell fragments I can gain from them! It seems like Inno are pushing buildings more and more with the intent of selling the ridiculously overpriced Premium Expansions. Extra buildings are not necessarily useful to the game, although I would like to see the return of Wishing Wells, but time boosters and Portal Profits would be more useful to the majority of players!

Even in the year I have been playing Elvenar, I can see the game going downhill in regards to the benefits for players. I would not object to spending real cash on the game, but at this rate I'm not sure I'll be playing in a few months and spending real cash cannot rectify this downward trend! :-(

Pauly7

Magus
I've just got the quest solve 2 encounters or solve 2 tournament encounters (instead of the usual 8). Not sure if it's because they forgot to undo the changes made for Beta or it means we are getting the new tournament system during the time of the event, like this week or the next one.
I don't think it necessarily has to mean either. On Beta the requirements were set up to cater for the new tournament system, but they may just not have been inclined to adjust it all back to put on Live, especially if there's a fair chance the system could come to live during the next three weeks. Most of this quest list can be gone through with our eyes closed anyway so I can imagine they aren't too concerned that we only have two tournament encounters to solve.

DeletedUser9214

Now this is an outrage! 6 out of 6 times I used 92 hard won points for a 25% chance at getting the daily reward and instead I get the Unit Instant that has only a 15% chance? What kind of algorithm are you running where that'd make sense! Bad enough as it is that the team put Unit Instants in the game but now the event is rigged to palm you off with it instead of giving me a fair chance at what I want?

I know what they've done here. By putting two Unit Instants at 15% odds they have effectively made it a 30% to get either. That is not clever, that is inanely petty.

Oh, and speaking of rigged odds, on the few occasions where I spent the points for the 83 (Lake House), which has 30% for the daily reward, I get anything but that, I have even scored the 5% chance to get more points instead of the daily reward.

Justify this!

Pauly7

Magus
Now this is an outrage! 6 out of 6 times I used 92 hard won points for a 25% chance at getting the daily reward and instead I get the Unit Instant that has only a 15% chance? What kind of algorithm are you running where that'd make sense! Bad enough as it is that the team put Unit Instants in the game but now the event is rigged to palm you off with it instead of giving me a fair chance at what I want?

I know what they've done here. By putting two Unit Instants at 15% odds they have effectively made it a 30% to get either. That is not clever, that is inanely petty.

Oh, and speaking of rigged odds, on the few occasions where I spent the points for the 83 (Lake House), which has 30% for the daily reward, I get anything but that, I have even scored the 5% chance to get more points instead of the daily reward.

Justify this!
The 92 chest has a 21% chance of winning a daily. Each troop instant has a 16% chance. So yeah, you are considerably more likely to hit an instant. I think they have made the odds of winning dailies unnecessarily more difficult, considering they're all quite poor, but what you had isn't so unlikely, as far as the RNG goes. Also, the 83 chest has a 20% chance of winning the daily.

Julian

Sorcerer
According to Elvengems, we are set to get the Hedge Bear Trenant on Days 1 and 19. That's fine. The days are spaced out. You might not have all the points on the first day, so you can save up for the second occurrence. But what is the point of having the Arcane Trinket Shop on both Days 14 and 17? Space them out, please.