• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Sorcerers' Pilgrimage

DeletedUser9214

Alright, so the info Elvengems regarding the drop chances are incorrect. Vastly so, now that I've taken a closer look at it.

But still! By now, having spent close to 1200 points, I should've gotten the daily reward by now... Surely... Is this Inno basically saying that they are intent on killing off the game? I may be dressing this a bit much but their actions so far including the changes they'll be bringing from Beta (Tournament-wise) is tantamount to saying that they don't want people to spend the time nor the money on this game any more. Their rewards are unexciting, (I only want them cause they are small in size for a change which will fill up some spaces in my city nicely...) the gimmicks of the event are contrived and appear awfully rushed.

Where are the Fellowship Adventures? I believe there wasn't one for the May Festival event... Have Inno decided to discontinue this? Could've done with a few more of those Artifacts...

I've kept relatively quiet in the face of some of the changes they've brought. Introduction of Unit Instants (meh...) , removal of Wishing Wells (sad but understandable...) , less Time Instants from events in general (nothing time spent waiting cannot solve...) or the depression-inducing shuffle board for some of the previous events (might as well have called it a brain scrambler for all those reshuffles...)

My only expectation is a fair and balanced game. I'm hideously miffed that with 1200 points flushed down the drain I still have not gotten the daily reward. One might wonder why I am despairing over a 3x3 building that I will likely replace in the future but that is exactly my point. A largely pointless building needn't be so hard to get. Why rob me of my simple pleasures? Why??

Hekata

Artisan
Alright, so the info Elvengems regarding the drop chances are incorrect. Vastly so, now that I've taken a closer look at it.
Yes, that's how the becons/chests were originally (probably wen Gems got their info) but then, somewhere mid event on Beta, they've nerfed them and made it harder to get the daily. I don't understand why. The grand prize isn't that great so at least getting some of the dailies that suit us for whatever reason (I like the Wizard spell shop for purely aesthetic ones) should't be a problem. For what it's worth, you'll have a chance to try again for that building on day 14, if you don't get it now. maybe you'll be more lucky. During the last event I was very unlucky getting orc ships when they first came up but then got a bunch of them when they were offered the second time.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
My only expectation is a fair and balanced game. I'm hideously miffed that with 1200 points flushed down the drain I still have not gotten the daily reward.
I mean, the first thing is (which doesn't help with how you're feeling) you've just been really unlucky. It can happen and is sometimes infuriating. On average you should've been able to pick up the daily having spent around 500 scrolls. It's certainly not uncommon for that number to be more than doubled with a run of bad luck. Today I opened one box and got it, so I apologise that I may have taken your share of the luck here!

A largely pointless building needn't be so hard to get. Why rob me of my simple pleasures? Why??
they've nerfed them and made it harder to get the daily. I don't understand why. The grand prize isn't that great so at least getting some of the dailies that suit us for whatever reason
These are really good points though. I am not certain who or why in Inno's marketing machine thought that it would be a good idea to make buildings tough to win when they are so much worse than they were in old events. I kind of understand if they wish to scale back the quality of prizes, for a couple of possible reasons, but the only reason to make them harder to win is that they think they can squeeze a little bit of extra diamond sales from the people trying to get those prizes. That would be a good tactic for them if there was great stuff on offer that people couldn't do without.

I'm fairly relaxed at this point knowing that there isn't anything that will make a difference if I don't win it. Weirdly I can't really even bring myself to save scrolls for a certain day because there is literally no day which looks interesting. Now that they've also horribly nerfed those filler prizes like KP instants or troop instants, I literally just start opening chests if I'm bored. I'm most interested to get a few handfuls of KP from the 83 or 92 chests.

I noticed that the Outpost is back today as well, at the still over-inflated price of £7.99. I just laughed out loud. I mean... I don't even have the words. They are asking people to spend that much money to give themselves a better chance to win some stuff that isn't really worth winning. I find this to be fairly insulting. In the old days we had good prizes to win and a lot of people didn't mind spending the (then) £4.99 to give themselves a little boost, but there is no justification for trying to milk this extra money out of their players now. @Silmaril I would be very happy for this paragraph to be fed back to the devs. There are no outposts in the Beta version, so this hasn't been a part of the conversation.

Susie49

Soothsayer
I am trundling along slowly in this event but am not overexcited by a mage-producing building. I would really like to get an event building that produces DOGS (or Cerberus to be accurate). There are event buildings or AWs to produce all sorts of troops but I have never seen one that gives you my most used troop, those lovely mage-eating canines. Please please pretty please consider this :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I just looked at the dailies and can´t find anything of interest... the best thing seems to be a 10KP instant lol and sorry but that is really not worth the clicking anymore... So I guess I best hope I never get a daily, just as well they lowered the chance for dailies. maybe the contents of the chests are better than the dailies? but really I fail to see the point of this event. I was thinking of maybe playing the event on the weekend, but I guess I rather do something else... Only getting the evolving building for OCD reasons doesn´t seem enough motivation...

Pauly7

Magus
So I guess I best hope I never get a daily, just as well they lowered the chance for dailies.
Yeah, but I guarantee when you're there just trying to pick up the 8 x KP and 15 x KP, all you get is daily prize after daily prize that you don't want... pretty ironic too, when on one day the daily is 10KP and you can get more than that out of the normal chest prizes.

Gargon667

Mentor
@Pauly7 "ironic" is a rather big euphemism... but you know how it goes, next event they will still give out the 10 KP instant, but they will simply lower the 15 KP to 5KP, because they listened to feedback ;)

DeletedUser8409

Now this is an outrage! 6 out of 6 times I used 92 hard won points for a 25% chance at getting the daily reward and instead I get the Unit Instant that has only a 15% chance? What kind of algorithm are you running where that'd make sense! Bad enough as it is that the team put Unit Instants in the game but now the event is rigged to palm you off with it instead of giving me a fair chance at what I want?

I know what they've done here. By putting two Unit Instants at 15% odds they have effectively made it a 30% to get either. That is not clever, that is inanely petty.

Oh, and speaking of rigged odds, on the few occasions where I spent the points for the 83 (Lake House), which has 30% for the daily reward, I get anything but that, I have even scored the 5% chance to get more points instead of the daily reward.

Justify this!
There's nothing to justify there sorry, but that's basic maths that its entirely possible.

The odds of getting zero dailies from 6 attempts at 25% is very easy to calculate, it is: (1 - 25%) ^ 6 = 17.8%
To put in comparison if you had a single dice, rolled it once and got a 1 the odds of that is 16.7%

So the outcome you've got is essentially more likely than rolling a 1 in a single roll of a dice. If you rolled a dice once and got a 1 would you demand an explanation for that? Its unlucky but its entirely plausible.

Killiak

Artisan
This changed at the end of March, so as long as your email has been validated and is current. Just reconfirm your preferences in the data usage window (settings -> data usage -> Receive e-mails about game events, features and offers as well was news about our other games. This will now allow a resubscribe.

Remember this post Silmaril? It didn't work.

Support is being useless about it as always as well. Can't resend, can't fix, can't give event currency.

Once again; get your shit together Inno, it's 2020.

Gargon667

Mentor
Yep, I've still never received a newsletter or an offer.

It sure must be annoying as hell... I haven´t even bothered clicking on the link yet, but still everybody should get it, how difficult can sending a silly email be???

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It sure must be annoying as hell... I haven´t even bothered clicking on the link yet, but still everybody should get it, how difficult can sending a silly email be???
Many players had opted out for receiving emails in their data preferences. Until earlier this year if that had been done this could not be reversed.
All players are sent these who have opted in for them. The only things that would then prevent them from arriving are the email providers settings and blocks (which can be amended by the email owner). Many email providers class newsletters as spam/junk and move it to this folder or refuse it entirely where it then disappears into no mans land. Making sure that European and German emails can be received is key as we use multiple email addresses depending on where we are sending from (support, newsletters, offers etc:).

Killiak

Artisan
Many players had opted out for receiving emails in their data preferences. Until earlier this year if that had been done this could not be reversed.
All players are sent these who have opted in for them. The only things that would then prevent them from arriving are the email providers settings and blocks (which can be amended by the email owner). Many email providers class newsletters as spam/junk and move it to this folder or refuse it entirely where it then disappears into no mans land. Making sure that European and German emails can be received is key as we use multiple email addresses depending on where we are sending from (support, newsletters, offers etc:).

*sigh* Yes, Silmaril, I think we all know the basic copy-paste lines we get about how it is our fault, or that we have bad settings.

So I will post it here as well, so we can get this over and done with, properly cleared up that it IS, and REMAINS, a problem on Inno's end.

- I do not have special settings or blocks. It's a basic gmail account, nothing fancy. It actually worked before, waaaaay back, and while I changed NOTHING I stopped receiving the mails
- According to Inno, I had unsubscribed. Total nonsense, since I had not done so
- I have gone over the settings, several times now, in both my gmail and my game data settings. I have re-applied the checkboxes, refreshed the e-mail adress, re-validated it, and still I get nothing.
- There is nothing in my spam/junk/crud folders.

I am seriously very tired of hearing the same story from Inno over and over, when I have done everything I can on my end to fix this issue, following every instruction I have been sent.

Pauly7

Magus
In my case I think when I first started playing the game I unchecked the box to say I didn't want it. Shortly after I Re-checked it when it became apparent that free event currency was dependent on it.

I've never had one newsletter. With me, too, it makes no difference if I uncheck the box and check it again. I'm also fairly sure it's nothing to do with email filters. I also do get other email alerts from Inno.

Hekata

Artisan
The little Wizard Spell Shop we got yesterday is really a nice looking building, but what would have made it really cool is if we could actually buy spells from it, let's say for spell fragments. We could click on it and get 4 options (like for production) and there we could choose: 1 PoP = 2k SF, 1. EE = 3k SF, 1 IM = 4k SF, and 1 MM = 5k SF. The prices in SF could have even been 10x that. It wouldn't be a place where we get a lot of spells just a nice option for us to get a few spells and to burn some SF and in general a nice and different addition to the game. I really wish we could get a bit of diversity like that.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm a little concerned as to why there was not 1 building offered in this event that provides seeds......is INNO gonna make these rare to get as well?