• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerers' Homecoming event

Gargon667

Mentor
Forgot that nuance from last year's implementation.

At 18/20, do you get 2 2 SK options, 2 1 SK options, or random?

I payed attention today: 3 out of 3 times I got 2x2 + 1x1

Sir Derf

Adept
Very interesting stuff here folks! I have a particular issue that has not been mentioned. For the past week I have only received one quest per day and as a result not getting many scrolls. I am barely hanging on to bronze now. Is anyone else having this problem?
Your 'issue' represents the normal behavior of the event.

In this event, like many others, there are two kinds of quests. The first block of quests, the majority of the quests, starting with the first quest, are always unlocked and can be completed at any time. The second block of quests, a minority of the quests, located at the end of the quest list, are locked and unlock at a rate of one per day. The faster you go through the first block, the sooner you reach the second and will be slowed down to having a single quest unlocked day by day.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I know I like to rush through the quests so I can get to the one quest per day as soon as I can. I like the lesser pressure of only one quest per day. That brings another aspect into the running, the rate at which I use my event currency. This is something every player will have to work out for him or herself. Possible options are:
1. You spend as you get. Downside of this is that you have very limited currency by the end of the event.
2. You spend some every day, but hold back to splurge on the day you want a particular daily prize.
3. You set yourself a strict budget of using only x amount every day
4. You hold back on everything and only spend your event currency on the last day or even in the last hour. This is for when you don’t care about any dailies and probably want to make a stab at getting in the gold league.

Gargon667

Mentor
I know I like to rush through the quests so I can get to the one quest per day as soon as I can. I like the lesser pressure of only one quest per day. That brings another aspect into the running, the rate at which I use my event currency. This is something every player will have to work out for him or herself. Possible options are:
1. You spend as you get. Downside of this is that you have very limited currency by the end of the event.
2. You spend some every day, but hold back to splurge on the day you want a particular daily prize.
4. You hold back on everything and only spend your event currency on the last day or even in the last hour. This is for when you don’t care about any dailies and probably want to make a stab at getting in the gold league.

How would spending on the last day be any more likely to get you gold as any other of the options? or to be more realistic to get you into the silver league? There is only one thing that gets you into the gold league and it has nothing to do with tactics.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
How would spending on the last day be any more likely to get you gold as any other of the options? or to be more realistic to get you into the silver league? There is only one thing that gets you into the gold league and it has nothing to do with tactics.
I did not say you would succeed, just that you would try in the last hour, when the boundaries won’t be adjusted anymore between the various levels.

I do believe that there are some individuals for whom things just fall into place, despite the odds, and that not everybody who will sport the gold league avatar bought it with money. I know a player or two like that and it will be interesting to see where they will eventually place.

Suppose you are right and luck will only get you silver. As numbers are not adjusted in the last hour, I see a potential for a lucky silver player to do potentially end up in gold.

To be honest, I don’t like this league thing. It has the potential to cause discontent/friction amongst players. From the company’s side it is probably seen as good revenue and business and therefor we will be stuck with it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
actually not the last day but the last hour.

Once the last hour starts the gold score is "locked"
This means there are no longer any updates.

If every single player would ignore the event untill the last hour, en then spend there currency every player would het gold :D

So when you spend early the gold cost will go up, but if a large enoug portion waits the gold score will be lower, then it's easier to get into gold.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
1624742085262.png

If you do not get the last part of the set, as long as you move the building in this picture as the arrow indicates you still get a full bonus on all the set buidings you have, you only lack a beautifull rectangle. but the set is so good thats a decent compromise.

m4rt1n

Adept
View attachment 5635
If you do not get the last part of the set, as long as you move the building in this picture as the arrow indicates you still get a full bonus on all the set buidings you have, you only lack a beautifull rectangle. but the set is so good thats a decent compromise.

Thank you @CrazyWizard shared with my struggling fellows as it does require luck to get the full set even if going for the best chests each time as you do need the % rewards of SK back and also not everyone gets the email with the free 100 at the beginning despite having it checked in settings.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't really see that any of these are usual ways of operating, aside from No. 4, but we can see by the leagues that most people don't think about this.

Anyway, what happened to option 5 - Only spend currency on days where there is a daily prize you want. As far as I'm aware that's the only usual tactic, unless you're going to include my personal option 6 - Spend it willy nilly when you're beyond caring about it.

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't really see that any of these are usual ways of operating, aside from No. 4, but we can see by the leagues that most people don't think about this.

Anyway, what happened to option 5 - Only spend currency on days where there is a daily prize you want. As far as I'm aware that's the only usual tactic, unless you're going to include my personal option 6 - Spend it willy nilly when you're beyond caring about it.

I'm option 6 also lol

BlueBlou

Illusionist

Option 5 very much sounds like option 2, except that you do not spend something every day No, not many players play that way. Less than 10% of the ones I talk to.
The nilly willy part of number 6 makes sense, but it could be under any circumstances. ‘Just because you can.’

Bind

Seeker
I'm so glad that I posted, this is really useful stuff! I agree with BlueBlou that we're probably stuck with the league system and I'm not a fan either. I suppose on the plus side we will receive an extra reward at the end regardless of where we end up.
I can see where I've gone wrong, I spent too many of my points on the 3 step option so not good value overall.I'm hanging on to Bronze by my fingertips but suspect I'll get knocked back by the end.
Thanks to you all for the great feedback. Whatever else people may think about the game, this forum is definitely one of the better ones!

Pauly7

Magus
Option 5 very much sounds like option 2, except that you do not spend something every day No, not many players play that way. Less than 10% of the ones I talk to.
I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say that they set a certain amount to spend each day, no matter what the daily prize is... Well, I'm guessing you are the first. I wouldn't ever waste currency like that unless I don't care what I win.

Stucon

Illusionist
I spent my 5000 sorcerer's knowledge points yesterday. (I got 26 Orc Strategist battalions which I wanted). I had not used any of the SK before .. and I am bronze.
Ho hum!

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say that they set a certain amount to spend each day, no matter what the daily prize is... Well, I'm guessing you are the first. I wouldn't ever waste currency like that unless I don't care what I win.
Isn´t that just an organized form of willy-nilly? Definitely has the "I don´t care about the daily" part :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I spent my 5000 sorcerer's knowledge points yesterday. (I got 26 Orc Strategist battalions which I wanted). I had not used any of the SK before .. and I am bronze.
Ho hum!

Sounds like a pretty good harvest! Even if you choose boxes for dailies, which I assume you did? And I would guess bronze is the expected outcome of the daily prize focus.

Gargon667

Mentor
I did not say you would succeed, just that you would try in the last hour, when the boundaries won’t be adjusted anymore between the various levels.

I do believe that there are some individuals for whom things just fall into place, despite the odds, and that not everybody who will sport the gold league avatar bought it with money. I know a player or two like that and it will be interesting to see where they will eventually place.

Suppose you are right and luck will only get you silver. As numbers are not adjusted in the last hour, I see a potential for a lucky silver player to do potentially end up in gold.

To be honest, I don’t like this league thing. It has the potential to cause discontent/friction amongst players. From the company’s side it is probably seen as good revenue and business and therefor we will be stuck with it.

Yes I can definitely see the last hour point. Although I don´t like the last hour point freeze, it muddles the picture :D But I guess it would turn too competitive otherwise and even people spending quite a lot of cash would end up getting bumped out of gold. This way everybody who wants gold can get it at a fixed prize in the last hour. Anyway makes it even less interesting to me.
Also it means claiming gold league to be top 1% is a plain lie. The only thing that is guaranteed is that gold league is MORE than 1%, never less.

Pauly7

Magus
Isn´t that just an organized form of willy-nilly? Definitely has the "I don´t care about the daily" part :)
I think it's a contradiction in terms to have "organised willy nilly" (though I can see that being the name of a band). I can't see why you'd purposefully say to yourself "right, I'm going to spend exactly 200 currency each day that I don't want the daily prize and I'll use what remains on the days I do want the daily prize". What's the purpose for that mindset? Is it to satisfy a chest opening craving without blowing everything?

Pauly7

Magus
Also it means claiming gold league to be top 1% is a plain lie. The only thing that is guaranteed is that gold league is MORE than 1%, never less.
If the whole playerbase was completely in tune and equally considerate, not a single person would spend a single bit of currency until that last hour, then everyone gets gold.

Gargon667

Mentor
If the whole playerbase was completely in tune and equally considerate, not a single person would spend a single bit of currency until that last hour, then everyone gets gold.

I know an Orc that would race ahead just to make things more difficult. Then a again a full 0.99% of players could simply be ignored.... Also for the fun of the rebellion in breaking down Innos idea and put it upside down, the Orc could easily persuaded, but of course that is all just hypothetical unfortunately. It would be hilarious though...