• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerers' Homecoming event

DeletedUser

Just remembered another thing INNO didn't think trough.

Remember when the Lighthouse used to give chest-goods for EVERY neighbour visit ? :cool:

I was so annoyed, it got killed just as i could get my Lighthouse and down to the 3 chests we have today o_O

Gargon667

Mentor
Question fellow elves and humans, does getting the Outpost make the difference from reaching Silver or reaching the Gold League? Does this little building would make the person who get it, a gold league achiever?

That depends mostly on how many people in your world spend real money on events. The gold league will be filled with people spending real money, but if there are not as many money spenders as there are spots in the league, the outpost can get you in, because you should land above the people that spend nothing at all. but since nobody (except Inno) knows how many people spend money on events, you won´t know until it´s over...
My guess: Inno will make sure they make the gold league small enough so nobody gets in without paying (otherwise what would be the point?), so your outpost will do nothing for you, well other than being on top of the silver league, rather than the middle of the silver league.

Hekata

Artisan
I just noticed that one of the rotating grand prizes is 1 (one) rune shard. Not even the 3 random we used to have but just the one.
I know it's all about the Pilgrim set and ofc it's a really good prize but still, 1 rune shard? Can we change that to 1 pet food? 1 teleport? One 3 minutes instant? 1 RR spell?

Gargon667

Mentor
I just noticed that one of the rotating grand prizes is 1 (one) rune shard. Not even the 3 random we used to have but just the one.
I know it's all about the Pilgrim set and ofc it's a really good prize but still, 1 rune shard? Can we change that to 1 pet food? 1 teleport? One 3 minutes instant? 1 RR spell?

You can probably have it changed to 1 relic instead... Not to something useful though lol

Pauly7

Magus
I'd take a 10 second instant instead!

Hekata

Artisan
I'd take a 10 second instant instead!
Haha, agree, me too, but unfortunately @Gargon667 is right, we are more likely to get 1 relic instead.

I really miss the mini-events, we used to get a lot of those small time boosters that I particularly like...

m4rt1n

Adept
I just acquired the 7th and final set building in inventory, no space to build it, tactics I used were 18 and 45 chests, if they were no available I chanced the 80 and 89, so far winning 1200 extra sorcerers knowledge + the 100 for the email at the beginning.

For those interested, I'm currently 25 off the Gold (spenders league) and 31 above losing my current Silver league position.

No $£$£ or :diamond::diamond::diamond: used.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@BlueBlou - Just to put the other side of the argument, I'm almost always 'that other person' who gets the bad RNG rolls which counterbalance the good ones on an individual level, and it is this patchy type of RNG system - i.e. generally fair and equitable when averaged across many players, while being flawed and inequitable on the individual level, which - as far as any of us can tell, anyway - appears to give Inno the incorrect and distorted viewpoint that everyone will get very similar, broadly average RNG results when looking at the overall stats for the entire playerbase (actually, I suspect that they're very well aware of how using small-scale RNG leads to wide discrepancies between individuals within the overall, broad average, but hey ho, let's give them the benefit of the doubt, for once, and just assume that they don't do enough simulations of their own RNG to see the problem...?).

As such, I will need at the very least another ~500, and at the worst up to another 1,000, Event Currency than I will be able to earn from finishing all Quests and gaining all daily login rewards, while choosing only the most cost-efficient Chests, as always - even if I manage to pick up every single City-spawned unit of Event Currency, which I certainly won't. Needless to say, after spending around half of my Event Currency so far, I've won precisely zero extra Currency from Chests, which I personally find to be about par for the course, which is why I never gamble on the high-Currency-value Chests.

... None of this will make you feel even slightly better, though, since I know you're too compassionate to feel happy at anyone else's expense... :)

PS : Just to be clear - my Real Life luck is completely standard, as is my RNG luck in games with non-patchy RNG systems. Elvenar's RNG, though... hmm.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
@Laurelin, I will join you on the bench of the not so lucky ones that have to balance those that do seem to be lucky. Well, bright side of the coin, you don’t need 6 buildings to touch the Pilgrim’s Manor to be able to get a CC from the set, only 5. Thanks to my Dragon friends for pointing that out! So Blueblou and friends are happy chappies today even though most of us won’t have a complete Pilgrim set. :)

sgjennings

Adventurer
@Twigjam We're unsure at this time but hopefully there may be ways to complete this set in the future, if of course there are those that don't finish it during this event. I don't think i've ever known an Fellowship Adventure to offer set pieces, they're normally an opportunity to gain Artifacts. However, the set pieces could be something that could be crafted in the Magic Academy in the future? It maybe something that is discussed after this event. We'll have to wait and see :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

I really hope you do this! Putting in my petition for you guys to do this! (in case I can't get all the pieces in this event).

Sir Derf

Adept
Micro level...

@Laurelin what strategy were you following when picking from the three offered chest-analogs? Were you strictly picking to maximize Grand Prizes?

Macro level...

I know the historical answer was that "INNO once said that events are tuned so that most people can complete them, which means achieving all rewards". Having said that, what is the expected return on strategic play for this event? It's been a while since I've seen us (me included) reporting and commenting on the theoretical math.

Hypothetical level...

I'm curious... what exactly do you folks think is happening under the hood with the Elvenar RNG that produces these assumed per-player skewing of the odds? Are there multiple hidden odds tables? Is there a second skew-factor being applied to the RNG result? Is the actual RNG function being called not truly random?

Pauly7

Magus
patchy type of RNG system - i.e. generally fair and equitable when averaged across many players, while being flawed and inequitable on the individual level, which - as far as any of us can tell, anyway - appears to give Inno the incorrect and distorted viewpoint that everyone will get very similar, broadly average RNG results when looking at the overall stats for the entire playerbase
This is the problem that leads to disgruntled players. If the numbers say that on average you should just about manage to compete a task, that means, inevitably, that 50% of people won't complete it.

Sir Derf

Adept
I just acquired the 7th and final set building in inventory, no space to build it, tactics I used were 18 and 45 chests, if they were no available I chanced the 80 and 89, so far winning 1200 extra sorcerers knowledge + the 100 for the email at the beginning.

For those interested, I'm currently 25 off the Gold (spenders league) and 31 above losing my current Silver league position.

No $£$£ or :diamond::diamond::diamond: used.

According to the info from Platinum Leaf, you might not have been following best strategy, but I think you had better luck on the bonus Sorcerer's Knowledge than expected. Misread my own information. Hadn't started spending yet, myself.

Attachments

• 1624543724061.png
    1624543724061.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

rock stream

Scholar
The RNG definitely has an overriding governor so there is a favourable outcome for INNO
Well at least I have constant luck. (Cue Cream here) "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all"

1624544316354.png
say that on average you should just about manage to compete a task
That is a favourable outcome.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm curious... what exactly do you folks think is happening under the hood with the Elvenar RNG that produces these assumed per-player skewing of the odds? Are there multiple hidden odds tables? Is there a second skew-factor being applied to the RNG result? Is the actual RNG function being called not truly random?

I don´t think it´s anything fancy there, what would all this fancy multi-layered programming be for? How would they earn money on that?
So just a normal pseudo-random function.

Truly random is very difficult task for computers as all they do is calculations ;) And for uses as this one here nobody needs truly random, an approximation is fully sufficient. Something like taking a timer with milliseconds, do a square root of that the time stamp when activated and pick digits 18-20 and you have something of a random 3 digit number (which is what you need for 100% in 1% steps. Of course all people performing the same action at the exact same millisecond will get the same result, which means the result is not truly random, but how often do you figure that happens? And when it happens what does it matter?

Sir Derf

Adept
But that's not what some people seem to be thinking is happening, and wasn't really what I was asking. Some people seem to be arguing not just that there is a not-really-random randomizer, but a randomizer that actually favors and unfavors individual players. On operational scales of not just days or weeks, but long haul over multiple events.

Personally, I don't see why INNO would bother doing anything other than using a built-in RAND() function.