• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerers' Homecoming event

Pauly7

Magus
Stop complaining, you have your outpost now ;)

I just got a pop-up for it.

EDIT: And then we also know why the quest pay-out was cut back :cool:
I'm not complaining. I'm just saying the Ashen Phoenix is rubbish. 16 city squares taken up for a hundred or so event currency once every month or 6 weeks, and at the cost of pet food. I don't think I particularly want either that or the outpost... I'd quite like the bonus everyone else gets at the start of each event, but that's a different matter (and is me complaining).

DeletedUser

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying the Ashen Phoenix is rubbish. 16 city squares taken up for a hundred or so event currency once every month or 6 weeks, and at the cost of pet food. I don't think I particularly want either that or the outpost... I'd quite like the bonus everyone else gets at the start of each event, but that's a different matter (and is me complaining).
Hmm, it was fun. It's was poking at ya. Come on, there was even a smiley ;) ;) ;)

Write support and ask them. They have a stupid email system. If you have decided you didn't want their mails at some point, then can't re-enter their list. I had them reset me in their system so i could re-join the newsletter. But now that it's after the event has stated, you're out of luck, they can't resend those emails - they said.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Question fellow elves and humans, does getting the Outpost make the difference from reaching Silver or reaching the Gold League? Does this little building would make the person who get it, a gold league achiever?

Pauly7

Magus
Write support and ask them. They have a stupid email system. If you have decided you didn't want their mails at some point, then can't re-enter their list. I had them reset me in their system so i could re-join the newsletter. But now that it's after the event has stated, you're out of luck, they can't resend those emails - they said.
Don't even go there. Been down that route... several times. They've never been able to sort it out. I just don't get their emails.

DeletedUser

Question fellow elves and humans, does getting the Outpost make the difference from reaching Silver or reaching the Gold League? Does this little building would make the person who get it, a gold league achiever?
My question more is, is it worth it to get the set; Is the set worth it ?

I have 4 Mermaids. So the question is; Do i need the T1 ?

I'm can enter ch16 tomorrow. I have only Magic Residences, and have 4 in store. So that will give me a huge boost in pop. One give 13k, this set gives 10.520. CC's, now they're going to change the relics needed for most spells, + i'm in a Gold Spire FS, then the need for 1 each day, i can probably live without it.

Pauly7

Magus
Not necessarily, but it could, in the right circumstances. The outpost will give you 1 extra scroll, per scroll(s) picked up from the city outskirts. If you are getting most of them (say 20 a day), then this will amount to 420 extra scrolls. This makes the outpost nearly three times as good as the Ashen Phoenix for extra scroll production, but even if everyone had exactly the same luck in getting bonus scrolls from chests (which they won't) then I would guess that 420 extra scrolls won't be enough to keep up with 1% of people who will all buy more extra currency than that with diamonds, just to reach a gold position.

Pauly7

Magus
My question more is, is it worth it to get the set; Is the set worth it ?

I have 4 Mermaids. So the question is; Do i need the T1 ?
The set is great for T1 production. To answer your question we would need to know whether you have T1 manufactories running in your city. Each of the 3 little goods producing buildings should roughly match the T1 output of one chapter level manu. So if you still have manus, then it's absolutely worth it.

DeletedUser

The set is great for T1 production. To answer your question we would need to know whether you have T1 manufactories running in your city. Each of the 3 little goods producing buildings should roughly match the T1 output of one chapter level manu. So if you still have manus, then it's absolutely worth it.
As i wrote, i have 4 Mermaids, 3 of them give as much as this set. Is ch16 demanding T1 ?

I only have 2 small level 17 planks, i don't need more because of the Mermaids.

Pauly7

Magus
I only have 2 small level 17 planks, i don't need more because of the Mermaids.
That answers that question then.

However, the point is moot. The small T1 buildings in the Pilgrim's set will pay out more than double the T1 than the Mermaid's Paradise, square for square. You don't even have to have the rest of the set. Just place those three T1 buildings. They all need two connections so you don't need the others, if you don't want them. What you will then have is a slightly misshapen 22 tile building which is a lean mean T1 machine which would be giving you as much T1 as 3 Mermaid's Paradise buildings.

m4rt1n

Adept
? Does the huge Nerf from the Beta format make this event impossible to finish even if you have a fed Ashen (I don't) asking for fellows, and even with the now expensive and boring repetitive Stash Outpost. At least the event 2x2 used to be unique, the Moon Mirror for example so to me it seems Inno have become complacent and just rely on new players buying then quitting.

Don't get me wrong, I understand some players like to spend and that makes the game free to play for the majority but it shouldn't give them a "Buy to Win" situation just an advantage with speed etc. Making a league, to show who spent the most money is to me quite offensive to fair gameplay. :(

Pauly7

Magus
? Does the huge Nerf from the Beta format make this event impossible to finish even if you have a fed Ashen (I don't) asking for fellows, and even with the now expensive and boring repetitive Stash Outpost
Not impossible. Nothing's impossible when you never know how many bonus scrolls someone might win. If you do everything right, i.e. pick all the right beacons and collect all the extra currency around your city, then on average people will get 270 staffs. It takes 260 staffs to complete the set.

Quite comfortable, you may think. However, it does mean maybe around 40% of people (guessed percentage) will fail, playing the game normally with no diamonds, outposts or Phoenixes. That's out of the people who do everything exactly right.

The outpost should add around 21 staffs to your total. The Phoenix will add another 6-7 staffs. Those people collecting all their currency, opening the right beacons and completing the quests who also have an outpost... will most likely complete it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

That answers that question then.

However, the point is moot. The small T1 buildings in the Pilgrim's set will pay out more than double the T1 than the Mermaid's Paradise, square for square. You don't even have to have the rest of the set. Just place those three T1 buildings. They all need two connections so you don't need the others, if you don't want them. What you will then have is a slightly misshapen 22 tile building which is a lean mean T1 machine which would be giving you as much T1 as 3 Mermaid's Paradise buildings.
Ohh, you're right, i didn't look at those buildings separately. They of course can be placed at not taking up so much space and give the T1. But i can't only be looking at that because i get a lot of pop from my Mermaids, a little over 14k, and they also give me a 3 KP instant every day + 25.5k culture.

Let's see if i can get the whole set. I have feed my bird, didn't buy the Outpost and always going for lowest cost per staff. As i have 2*T1, 3*T2 and 4*T3, with a little help from MM's i can get those nasty collect goods quests done. And there the Mermaids takes care of one of them per day. I'm at quest 35 now, so i feel confident i will get them all done this time :)

DeletedUser

When thinking about they might actually not be that smart at INNO, remember when we have endless quests in event which made it possible get ex. 4 Mermaids - That was a bad idea too.

But trying to force us to pay to complete an event is even worse.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Is it possible that they might include some of the Set buildings in the next FA prizes for those people who don't get them all in the Event? Or are they too valuable as FA prizes so how would we complete the Set, craft them perhaps? I know it's difficult to say; I'd just like people's guesses.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Twigjam We're unsure at this time but hopefully there may be ways to complete this set in the future, if of course there are those that don't finish it during this event. I don't think i've ever known an Fellowship Adventure to offer set pieces, they're normally an opportunity to gain Artifacts. However, the set pieces could be something that could be crafted in the Magic Academy in the future? It maybe something that is discussed after this event. We'll have to wait and see :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
@Twigjam We're unsure at this time but hopefully there may be ways to complete this set in the future, if of course there are those that don't finish it during this event. I don't think i've ever known an Fellowship Adventure to offer set pieces, they're normally an opportunity to gain Artifacts. However, the set pieces could be something that could be crafted in the Magic Academy in the future? It maybe something that is discussed after this event. We'll have to wait and see :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Thanks Herodite :D

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think i've ever known an Fellowship Adventure to offer set pieces, they're normally an opportunity to gain Artifacts.
Fellowship Adventures pre-dated the advent of evolving buildings, so before artefacts existed other buildings were given as FA prizes. For example the old classic Menhirok's Barrow made a return as an FA prize at one point.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Fellowship Adventures pre-dated the advent of evolving buildings, so before artefacts existed other buildings were given as FA prizes. For example the old classic Menhirok's Barrow made a return as an FA prize at one point.

Ah so it may be something they will revisit! I guess we'll have to wait to find out :)

Twigjam

Spellcaster

I remember that. I was playing in Beta at the time and I was over the moon to get it! :D