• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerers' Homecoming event

DeletedUser

Don't forget to get your Ashen Phoenix fed guys, as this is invaluable for those extra event currencies, in this case Sorcerer's Knowledge!
So now you brought it up i need to be clear on this. It says it gives 2% per quests. Does that mean that it will give 1 extra "scroll" per quest ?

It starts around 30 or so and ends at 75. 70 only gives 1.4 more, so that's not 2 or is it ?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
That is 2 in every 100 for 2%, which the programme adds in whole numbers throughout the complete event. So a quest with 39 would not get any, but then when another quest is added to it to go over the minimum 50 to receive1 Event Currency it is then added.

DeletedUser

That is 2 in every 100 for 2%, which the programme adds in whole numbers throughout the complete event. So a quest with 39 would not get any, but then when another quest is added to it to go over the minimum 50 to receive1 Event Currency it is then added.
Ohh, that's interesting math :cool:

So quest 12: 39 = NONE
+
Quest 13: 40 which is 79 = 1

And then it resets to zero.

So taking which quest it will be that gives 50 = 1
+
Next quest giving 51 = 2 ??

And then resets to zero and starts over ??

Pauly7

Magus
If you have the Ashen Phoenix already, and you have enough pet foods that you can use them with reckless abandon, then sure it will give you a few more scrolls by the end of the event. However, this difference is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Pauly7

Magus
have enough pet foods that you can use them with reckless abandon...

One.

You use one. Per event.
Right, and my point is that if someone only has a handful of pet foods and they rely on feeding their Fire Phoenix regularly, and there is a concern they could run out... then I would say that's not enough to warrant using one of those with reckless abandon.

FieryArien

Necromancer
So to get clear on it, does it pay 1 from the 1st quest or do i need to pass quest 13 for that, and when does it give 2 ?
Are you trying to confuse me? I was under the impression that it always gives at least 1 currency, but I’m not sure if I checked the 1st quest. And now I have doubts because of you. o_O The honest answer then would be: I’m not sure.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

FieryArien

Necromancer
Are you trying to confuse me? I was under the impression that it always gives at least 1 currency, but I’m not sure if I checked the 1st quest. And now I have doubts because of you. o_O The honest answer then would be: I’m not sure.:(
Ehm, why was my post edited by the moderator? I don’t even see what “expletive” was removed, because it looks just the same as I remember it. Maybe it just wasn’t understood that I’m making fun of my uncertainty and someone thought I’m somehow “attacking” Elivar? (I would write the moderator directly, but that notification doesn’t even say who did it.)

Pauly7

Magus
Ehm, why was my post edited by the moderator? I don’t even see what “expletive” was removed, because it looks just the same as I remember it. Maybe it just wasn’t understood that I’m making fun of my uncertainty and someone thought I’m somehow “attacking” Elivar? (I would write the moderator directly, but that notification doesn’t even say who did it.)
I read the original message and I can't remember what's missing, but I don't remember anything controversial in it. Was there another sentence about going to have a look?

FieryArien

Necromancer
I read the original message and I can't remember what's missing, but I don't remember anything controversial in it. Was there another sentence about going to have a look?
No, nothing else. I’m beginning to think it’s just some accident/mistake. Anyway, it won’t keep me from my beauty sleep any longer. I’ll see tomorrow. :)

rock stream

Scholar
Does anybody know the pattern of sorcerer's knowledge showing up around the city?

Sir Derf

Adept
RNG gonna RNG.

It is known the 9? locations where they might appear, but like the Black Fortress from Krull, no one knows where they will next appear (unless we have a Widow of the Web hiding somewhere I don't know about... Maybe she's inside that sword-shaped cliff opening...)

Hint: The trickiest place to notice is the little wooded outcrop top center, just above and to the right of the top corner of buildable provinces for your city.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Does anybody know the pattern of sorcerer's knowledge showing up around the city?
@rock stream : There are 13 possible spawn locations, with each one having a random chance for an item to appear at that site, at the rate of about one spawned item per hour - although each of the individual spawned items may be worth 1 (most commonly), 2, or 3 units of 'Sorcerer's Knowledge' (randomly determined upon collection). Up to a maximum of six spawned instances of Sorcerer's Knowledge (or any other City landscape 'Event Collectible' - they all use the same system) can appear at once, after which no further instances will appear until at least one which has already spawned is collected. This cycle runs constantly, so unless you log in every six hours or more frequently than that, you will possibly miss a few of the spawns.

There are three locations in particular which are often easy to miss, although you'll soon enough learn off by heart where all of the 13 possible locations are (and if you're curious right now, the Gems of Knowledge website has a graphic showing all 13 locations, although I can't recall the exact URL - I remember it wasn't hard to find, though). To save you time, and if you want to know (hence the 'Spoiler' tag), here are the three most commonly missed locations, shown on screenshots of my own Map - unfortunately I was only able to capture one actually spawned item (in the most difficult-to-find location, though) - since, as others have said, the actual spawn points in any six-hour period will be randomly chosen from the (same) 13 possible locations. The first and most commonly missed location is at the top of the Map, and the other two are at the right-hand side, as shown below:

City_Event_Drop_Location_01_Top_of_Map.jpg
City_Event_Drop_Location_02_&_03_Right_Side_of_Map.jpg

One further tip regarding these 'Event City Collectibles' (I don't know the official term, I'm afraid!) is that if you either can't find all of them, or you seem to have been waiting more than an hour for the next one to appear, even though the game will normally notify you (on PC, at least) when a new spawn has occurred, try reloading your City, since spawn delays can sometimes happen due to client/server lag and/or various other issues. This will not only cause any already-spawned items to be randomly re-located, making them sometimes easier to see, but will also (almost always) force the appearance of any item spawns which should already have appeared, but have become stuck in a server queue or otherwise 'lost' or delayed.

Hope this helps... as I've mentioned, it's the same for every Event, even though the name/appearance of the spawned items will usually be different.

DeletedUser

Nope, i was confused by this Silmaril wrote:

"That is 2 in every 100 for 2%, which the programme adds in whole numbers throughout the complete event. So a quest with 39 would not get any, but then when another quest is added to it to go over the minimum 50 to receive1 Event Currency it is then added."

But upon playing the game i found out it gives 1 per quest. But when will it then give 2 ?

And another thing, there's no increments in pay-out either, it stays the same in chunks of quests. I'm at 25 now and it gives 44 as a bunch of them before that. I don't know how big the chunks are, but i know this from the start.

The first 3 quests had 35 Sorcerer's Knowledge, the 4th to 6th had 36, the 7th and 8th 37, 9th to 11th 38 and 12th has 39.

FieryArien

Necromancer
But upon playing the game i found out it gives 1 per quest. But when will it then give 2 ?
The threshold is 50. I think 50 is the first one that rewards 2, but it might as well be the last one that rewards 1. You’ll see for yourself, I suppose.

FieryArien

Necromancer
If you have the Ashen Phoenix already, and you have enough pet foods that you can use them with reckless abandon, then sure it will give you a few more scrolls by the end of the event. However, this difference is negligible in the grand scheme of things.
I’m not so sure. On beta I got all seven pieces of the set plus some leftover currency. However, the rewards were lowered before releasing the event on live servers. It’s now harder to get the whole set and every “scroll” counts. The bonus I get from Ashen Phoenix (which I built and fed yesterday) might easily be the deciding factor for me in the end. It’s going to be tight.

EDIT: Yes, I have a healthy buffer of pet food, but for me it would be worth the try even if I had very low stock.

Pauly7

Magus
I’m not so sure. On beta I got all seven pieces of the set plus some leftover currency. However, the rewards were lowered before releasing the event on live servers. It’s now harder to get the whole set and every “scroll” counts. The bonus I get from Ashen Phoenix (which I built and fed yesterday) might easily be the deciding factor for me in the end. It’s going to be tight.

EDIT: Yes, I have a healthy buffer of pet food, but for me it would be worth the try even if I had very low stock.
There's no denying it makes a difference, but I'm saying the difference is small. Somewhere between 100 and 200 currency over the event? It's surpassed in an instant by someone who lands on some bonus scrolls and it will also be far surpassed by the outpost, if anyone fancies having that.

For a few people, the extra hundred gets them an extra prize. For the majority, logically, it will make no difference, as each extra grand prize costs 400-450 extra currency. Even the bonus starter currency that people get emailed (which Inno seems to have banned me from) gets you more currency than Ashen Phoenix will give you in total.

DeletedUser

There's no denying it makes a difference, but I'm saying the difference is small. Somewhere between 100 and 200 currency over the event? It's surpassed in an instant by someone who lands on some bonus scrolls and it will also be far surpassed by the outpost, if anyone fancies having that.

For a few people, the extra hundred gets them an extra prize. For the majority, logically, it will make no difference, as each extra grand prize costs 400-450 extra currency. Even the bonus starter currency that people get emailed (which Inno seems to have banned me from) gets you more currency than Ashen Phoenix will give you in total.
Stop complaining, you have your outpost now ;)

I just got a pop-up for it.

EDIT: And then we also know why the quest pay-out was cut back :cool: