• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerers' Homecoming event

BetaFox

Novice
So when I click to watch the video I get

Video unavailable
This video has been removed by the uploader
1622901740920.png

Is there another link to actually see the video

Hekata

Artisan
Has anyone one who played the event on beta worked out what are the best chests to open to get the main prize?

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello guys,

Before the event starts I would like to share some of my thoughts (that is not specific to this event in particular but to all of them), you may have talked about it in the past.

First thing : I found out most of my neighbors don't have any event's buildings (or very few - excluding the main building of the event that we have to upgrade to level 10 and is usually more present but not that much either).
Second thing : I was wondering how one of my fellow with one chapter late could have more points than me (considering we were more or less both at the beginning of our own chapters). Yes it might be diamonds, but not only actually, let me explain myself ;)

Then I found out some major problems with the buildings of the events :

1. Yes they provide bonuses but do not provide any points, which means someone that want to play for the points and have good position on the ladder, would avoid to use event buildings. One solution would be to reconsider how the points are calculated, taking into account the used pop + culture and the available pop + culture for example.

2. The look of the buildings : it's quite difficult to match with your city for someone that would like to have an homogeneous city. Adding the events buildings that have a very different design with the other buildings of the city is a real challenge (we're in a city builder, of course the look of the city is important!). I've always integrated event buildings in my city, and what I can say... it's a big mess! My city doesn't look charming at all... I know consider to only get one part of the city dedicated for events buildings, and change the buildings in it with each events buildings to enjoy a different atmosphere every time. But more you go on in the chapter and more difficult it is to face space problems, so I think the dedicated space for them may reduce more and more since there is no provided points.

3. Buildings size, they are quite small actually, that could match with first chapters but I consider them too small when you reach chapter in where your buildings are quite huge and magnificent... it would be nice to reconsider the size according to the chapter the player reached (could be every 4 to 5 chapter, the size is raised; could be only the design or could be the square it uses too with extra bonuses).

What do you guys think about it? Finding this out quite lower my excitement about events since I always considered the buildings interesting, but I have to admit that these problems really makes me consider about having them instead of buildings that would provide me points and would match with the city atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
Well, for a twist - I like the reward in this event. That is to say, I like the main set. The main reason is for the T1. Each of the three little goods buildings is good enough for you to get rid of a chapter level manu, so that makes it intriguing. It's a pity, though, that they decided to nerf the quest rewards since Beta. They've now set it at a level where even if you do everything right you have to get quite fortunate to complete the set without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser

Hello guys,

Before the event starts I would like to share some of my thoughts (that is not specific to this event in particular but to all of them), you may have talked about it in the past (but couldn't find anything, excluding Pauly usually saying that the event has not much interest for him considering the rewards).
Stop complaining about other players opinion and just state you own about the event.

Toursy

Alchemist
Stop complaining about other players opinion and just state you own about the event.
Hi, you can lower your gun because I didn't complain about it, I just said that it's the only feedback about events that I've read. Him saying that he usually doesn't find anything interesting made me thought about why he didn't like the buildings.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

First thing : I found out most of my neighbors don't have any event's buildings (or very few - excluding the main building of the event that we have to upgrade to level 10 and is usually more present but not that much either).
Second thing : I was wondering how one of my fellow with one chapter late could have more points than me (considering we were more or less both at the beginning of our own chapters). Yes it might be diamonds, but not only actually, let me explain myself ;)

Then I found out some major problems with the buildings of the events :

1. Yes they provide bonuses but do not provide any points, which means someone that want to play for the points and have good position on the ladder, would avoid to use event buildings. One solution would be to reconsider how the points are calculated, taking into account the used pop + culture and the available pop + culture for example.

2. The look of the buildings : it's quite difficult to match with your city for someone that would like to have an homogeneous city. Adding the events buildings that have a very different design with the other buildings of the city is a real challenge (we're in a city builder, of course the look of the city is important!). I've always integrated event buildings in my city, and what I can say... it's a big mess! My city doesn't look charming at all... I know consider to only get one part of the city dedicated for events buildings, and change the buildings in it with each events buildings to enjoy a different atmosphere every time. But more you go on in the chapter and more difficult it is to face space problems, so I think the dedicated space for them may reduce more and more since there is no provided points.

3. Buildings size, they are quite small actually, that could match with first chapters but I consider them too small when you reach chapter in where your buildings are quite huge and magnificent... it would be nice to reconsider the size according to the chapter the player reached (could be every 4 to 5 chapter, the size is raised; could be only the design or could be the square it uses too with extra bonuses).

What do you guys think about it? Finding this out quite lower my excitement about events since I always considered the buildings interesting, but I have to admit that these problems really makes me consider about having them instead of buildings that would provide me points and would match with the city atmosphere.
I have a lot of neighbours which have event buildings placed, in both cities actually, and when looking at other players, i see a lot that have them too.

1: I don't see any point (haha) to why they should give ranking points. This game has already turned into something that's just to easy to do. There's no choices left to be made. And now you want to remove the choice to whether you like and want a building or not. Why can't we have a robot that play the game for us ? ;)

2: Design is completely useless to discuss. Not every one has the same taste.

3: Well, INNO want's to make money on us, so the past many events has had lower and lower paying prizes vs. the space they occupy. I doubt that they are going to change that.

There's so many other differences between chapters that could be fixed. I have a ch12 and a ch15 city. In ch12 i almost can't get enough supplies. I run 5 normal + 1 Magic WS. In ch15 i run 3 normal and can swim in supplies. In both cities i have Prosperity Tower and other matching supply giving buildings. I produce troops in both cities on all buildings 24/7 Space is also harder to manage in ch12 than in my ch15.

DeletedUser

Hi you can lower your gun because I didn't complain about it, I just said that it's the only feedback about events that I've read. Him saying that he usually doesn't find anything interesting made me thought about why he didn't like the buildings.
Then you haven't read that many of his feedback on the events, because that's only one of the things he says - and he's not the only one saying that. If you look back on the past 2 years of events, there has been a decline in how much the prizes give.

Toursy

Alchemist
Then you haven't read that many of his feedback on the events, because that's only one of the things he says - and he's not the only one saying that. If you look back on the past 2 years of events, there has been a decline in how much the prizes give.
I play for less than a year; so no I haven't read the two past years topics on the forum about events :)

1: I don't see any point (haha) to why they should give ranking points. This game has already turned into something that's just to easy to do. There's no choices left to be made. And now you want to remove the choice to whether you like and want a building or not. Why can't we have a robot that play the game for us ?

What a nice way to have a conversation :'), if it doesn't give point and you're looking for points then what's the choice? Only one; not getting them, it's totally fine actually to build other buildings instead, I don't see what kind of choice it is :3
Since as you said there has been a decline in how much they give.

2: Design is completely useless to discuss. Not every one has the same taste.
Lol, how can we debate with this kind of answer :')

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I play for less than a year; so no I haven't read the two past years topics on the forum about events :)

What a nice way to have a conversation :'), if it doesn't give point and you're looking for points then what's the choice? Only one; not getting them, it's totally fine actually to build other buildings instead, I don't see what kind of choice it is :3
Since as you said there has been a decline in how much they give.

Lol, how can we debate with this kind of answer :')
It sounds to me that you think everything should give you everything. But why play then, why not have a robot as i suggested ;)

No because you can't have a debate about taste. Your taste will always be different than some other players, and if you want it to be your way, then you're being selfish, because you then don't care about other players and what they like. And it's really simple this here, INNO can't cover my taste and at the same time cover yours. So whatever you're saying, you at the same time say that others can't have theirs. I don't hope you think that's the right way to go with this :cool:

DeletedUser

What's the numbers on this and how far do we need to go to get the whole set ?

How much can we get from the quests and does it combined with the 2*200 we get as mid-prizes bring us even close to getting it all.

I know of course that it depends on going for most step towards the main prizes, but is there enough if this is done ?

DeletedUser

Am i the only one where the 12 first quests only give 39 "scrolls" ?

Is just my 13th that jumps to 40.

EDIT: Or didn't i pay attention and it started really low at 20-something o_O

Pauly7

Magus
What's the numbers on this and how far do we need to go to get the whole set ?

How much can we get from the quests and does it combined with the 2*200 we get as mid-prizes bring us even close to getting it all.
All I can say is that it's tight. You can do everything right and it wasn't guaranteed, even before the nerf from the Beta rewards. Now you have to get lucky in order to complete the set.

DeletedUser

All I can say is that it's tight. You can do everything right and it wasn't guaranteed, even before the nerf from the Beta rewards. Now you have to get lucky in order to complete the set.
Yes i can see it's only 35 daily now, and then also the rewards for the quests is lower too.