• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

So, you got a lot of runes, do ya?

Sir Derf

Adept
The Wonder of Wonders
3x5

Insert 5 runes, and the Wonder of the majority rune will receive 1 KP. If you donate 5 different runes, the Wonder is randomly selected from the 5. If the Wonder is not placed, or is not able to accept KP, then the KP goes to your KP bank.

The Anti-Wonder
5x3

All "upgrades" to this building are done with the Wheel of Runes. Three differences...
  1. The Wheel needs 9 different runes be inserted.
  2. Each "upgrade" results in a subtracting of one AW level from algorithms that count collective AW levels.
  3. Each "upgrade" lasts for 5 days.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The Anti-Wonder
5x3

All "upgrades" to this building are done with the Wheel of Runes. Three differences...
  1. The Wheel needs 9 different runes be inserted.
  2. Each "upgrade" results in a subtracting of one AW level from algorithms that count collective AW levels.
  3. Each "upgrade" lasts for 5 days.

lol, I had an amazing good laugh when I read this one.
Do remember that it "might" improve your tournament ability but it also influences other things negatively in the game.
few I could quickly find: (and likely forgetting some)
  • seed production
  • unurium production
  • Throne of high men culture and ranking point bonus

Sir Derf

Adept
I was of two minds over that, but I felt that having a pro-and-con aspect was more interesting than exempting it from having negative aspects.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf this idea is just to keep the discussions going? Why would you want a KP Bank? Just to replace your runes with KP? You are aware that there is no limit on how many runes you can have in your inventory?

Deleted User - 341074

You are aware that there is no limit on how many runes you can have in your inventory?
Sure, but any runes after the first hundred are absolutely useless with zero value whatsoever right now. So yeah, turning them into KP would be great.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
@Sir Derf this idea is just to keep the discussions going? Why would you want a KP Bank? Just to replace your runes with KP? You are aware that there is no limit on how many runes you can have in your inventory?
there is a limit, we just havent reached it yet and might not reach it in the lifetime of the game.
every database has a character limit.

that said try to get rid of this many runes ;)
1610744883243.png

Sir Derf

Adept
I play. A lot. Maybe too much...

I ponder things. I day dream. I share.

KP Bank, poor choice of words maybe, but what do you call the 10 or 20 KP bar at the top of the screen. I called it a KP Bank.

Gargon667

Mentor
I love the anti-AW! I would use it, a LOT :) The negatives are completely unimportant to me anyway.

But it also shows how stupid the tourney formula is. So maybe instead of making an anti-AW they could just fix the problem? It would look rather bad if they made the anti-AW to solve a problem they created with crappy programming themselves lol. And every anti-AW level would be another proof of how dumb the formula is...

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
KPs for runes seems somewhat illogical to me. I'd like to shatter the runes into rune shards, and disenchant rune shards to spell fragments. Both without the need of buildings or crafting slots.

As for the Anti Wonder, nobody needs that. It's just an indication that the game is broken.
So maybe instead of making an anti-AW they could just fix the problem?
This.

Deleted User - 341074

. I'd like to shatter the runes into rune shards, and disenchant rune shards to spell fragments.
No thanks. Spell fragments are in the same boat with excess runes: it's very possible to have thousands (even hundreds of thousands!) that you can't possibly spend. More would not be welcome IMO.

Far Reach

Conjurer
No thanks. Spell fragments are in the same boat with excess runes: it's very possible to have thousands (even hundreds of thousands!) that you can't possibly spend. More would not be welcome IMO.

Could it be that having an excess of spell fragments is really just a problem for those who use Moonstone Library Sets ? A complete set (if I've done my sums right) provides just over 500 spell fragments for each combining catalyst produced. The MA recipes typically only ask for about half that number of fragments per CC expended. It is even worse for those with incomplete sets since they'll get virtually all of the fragments, but not the CCs.

I suggest that this is really just something which individual players need to balance. There are other sustainable ways of obtaining CCs (prizes in the Spire, crafting up to 4 a day in the Magic Academy, and also a wonder at the end of C17). We actually have fewer options for producing spell fragments, and I'd welcome an alternative building to the Moonstone Library (given all of the T2 goods balancing issues that comes with).

Deleted User - 341074

Could it be that having an excess of spell fragments is really just a problem for those who use Moonstone Library Sets ?
I have a city without any sets and I cook CC's 24/7 in the MA. Still can't spend spell fragments as fast as CCs.
Might just be my spire luck or crafting options I guess, but still I don't think I'm alone in finding SF to be abundant.

Far Reach

Conjurer
I have a city without any sets and I cook CC's 24/7 in the MA. Still can't spend spell fragments as fast as CCs.

That is exactly what I do, (topping the Spire each week, and using a max level MA) and find the spell fragments and CCs to be approximately in balance. (I haven't been generating either from any other source, and in particular I don't disenchant items except for the occasional event quest.) Admittedly crafting options could possibly be an issue though.

I've also built the Dragon Ark Wonder (free CCs whenever claiming a Mystical Object) and as I upgrade that, intend to switch from producing CCs in my MA to avoid having too many of them !

Deleted User - 341074

@Far Reach
Why don't you have a library set? Or 4?
If I could I would happily free up my MA on that city to make MMs instead.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Might just be my spire luck or crafting options I guess, but still I don't think I'm alone in finding SF to be abundant.

If I do not destroy a few buildings every now and then my spellfragments drop.
1610884003165.png

I have posted this picture many times over the last few months on several forums, and each times it's a little lower then the other time.

Off course recently in events I have chosen the biggest buildings so there is plenty of junk to fill it up again.
But spire alone can't sustain me, and thats the case for a year or so now?

Last edited:

Far Reach

Conjurer
@Far Reach
Why don't you have a library set? Or 4?
If I could I would happily free up my MA on that city to make MMs instead.

I have lots of library sets in my inventory, but have never placed them. Ranking is one of my city priorities so I don't place event buildings unless they can really pull their weight. The Moonstone set doesn't meet that bar for me.

I earn lots of MMs (and other spells) from tournaments, and don't really need them anyway. CCs have been the most useful production option for my MA. (For an advanced endgame city like mine the mana requirements are fairly extreme though, and I would find it useful switching to spells for Dragon Abbey mana at some stage.)

Gargon667

Mentor
I think I am currently running 13 Libraries and I think I will hit 1 million SF this year lol :D

Anyway it is a resource in the game and it should have more uses than it has right now. That way people with lots of SF can easily balance it :) And it would actually entice people to try and produce more (in a variety of ways) of it rather than treating it as a non-resource.

Far Reach

Conjurer
Anyway it is a resource in the game and it should have more uses than it has right now. That way people with lots of SF can easily balance it :) And it would actually entice people to try and produce more (in a variety of ways) of it rather than treating it as a non-resource.

Spell Fragments have the same number of uses (one) as Combining Catalysts. I don't think that SFs are currently underpowered, it is just that some players are producing SFs and CCs out of balance. I don't really see a design problem here. Introducing new uses for SFs (without doing the same for CCs) just makes the library set more valuable, and escalates the scrolls imbalance issue.

An alternative (which wouldn't really affect currently gameplay beyond reducing SF numbers) would be reduce the Library set production of fragments to bring them more into line with CCs.