• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sniping

Timneh

Artisan
It's all about ethics people. Do YOU have them, or are you more interested in assisting yourself?

IMO it has nothing to do with ethics. Players are using a change to how something worked to thier advantage in a way the devs intended. If i remember correctly (please correct me if i am wrong) you were one of the players that asked for the change and welcomed it when it was introduced but now you are not happy because it is having an effect on the way you used to do things. The way things work will quite often change when a system is changed, maybe for the good or maybe for the bad, in this case it was for the bad (for you). Like i said above, Be careful what you wish for.........

Pauly7

Magus
I might be being slow, but I don't understand what the issue is here.

So I'm guessing "sniping" means someone from outside of your fellowship donating to a wonder and then picking up a reward?

Due to our swap threads we don't tend to donate more than 10 or 20 into our own wonders per level, then up to about 10 others might have donated 50+.... so for someone unknown to swipe a reward they would be paying handsomely to get it and if so.... brilliant. I wish there were more.

So maybe there are other swapping systems which mean that you don't donate much to each other? Either that or it's under-used.

Lelanya

Mentor
Ok folks to be clear
I do welcome the change to instants as players in my time zone are fairly rare and I often signed in to a bar locked at 10 for hours overnight. So now I get the instants and can spend them at my leisure. Furthermore this is a solution that I among others actively requested.

I do have swap threads, 95 points worth in Arendyll, 98 points worth in Winyandor, 45 points worth in Felyndral. No one overtakes those of us who use them, as some of you know very well, and interlopers have a way of being run off.

When I have assisted others, such as a neighbour, I have often donated a third or half of their total points. That is what I consider helping another level a Wonder. In that case, if anyone cares to donate a couple of hundred points they are certainly welcome to do so.

There is another type of 'donating' occurring, tho, and I resurrected this thread from obscurity to resume the debate, for others who have no voice here.

Please, do say on

Killiak

Artisan
There is another type of 'donating' occurring, tho, and I resurrected this thread from obscurity to resume the debate, for others who have no voice here.
It's all about ethics people. Do YOU have them, or are you more interested in assisting yourself?

It would seem your mind is made up, so there is not much left to debate. But I will gladly lack the above mentioned 'ethics' when it creates a win-win situation, for up to as many as 9 people total.

Deleted User - 341074

Why not make a zero sum kp swap?

1. Get 8 players
  2. Announce your next intended wonder( an empty one)
  3. Include available chest info
  4. The 7* other players each donate exactly enough to get a chest getting zero profit.
  5. Finish off the wonder yourself whenever you feel like it.
No one can ever snipe a chest for profit, and you always get your wonders leveled at about a 20% discount.
As an added bonus you can dump KP in the app since your own wonder is available without using puffin

*obviously if there are fewer than 7 chests not everyone needs to donate.

Edit: your eight players do need to each have a decent amount of instants in the bank for this to work. And obviously they need to be fairly active.

Timneh

Artisan
That would only work if the people doing the sniping are after the KP instants, if they want the runes then they could still donate more KP than the 8 or so players that were recruited and get the runes anyway.

DeletedUser5532

I still don't understand... I don't mean to be difficult... I just can't find a scenario in my head when someone donating to an AW is a bad thing.

I get the feeling that some people think they have a "right" to the rewards from a AW reward within their Fellowship, and that if someone from outside their Fellowship join in, then they are "stealing" those rewards. (Just my thoughts).

The system is that anyone can donate to anyone, so therefore in my mind, anyone is entitled to help anyone else, no matter their motive or intent. This is therefore "normal" game play, and nothing else. Whether you like that or not, it does not make it anything else.

Deleted User - 341074

That would only work if the people doing the sniping are after the KP instants, if they want the runes then they could still donate more KP than the 8 or so players that were recruited and get the runes anyway.
If someone wants to trade a 30+ kp loss for a lousy rune, they are welcome to it.:rolleyes::p
Since it's you who would be finishing the last couple hundred KP, if anyone were to try it you could stop them by getting your team to squeeze them out.
Being the one to donate 80% to a wonder means you have all of the control.

Remember, the whole process takes under a day, just a few hours in most cases.
Your wonder needs 400 kp
You have 320 in kp packs in the bank
You tell your team
They donate a total of 80 kp to equal chests
You bang out the last 320 kp.

Id be shocked if someone managed to snipe.
If you want to be 100% safe, just set up a time each week, like 1h after the tournament all 8 of you are online, then you can crank out a wonder from zero to full in 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Mentor
I personally do not feel a FS owns KPs but many players do think this is the case. I think the issue, for the player who asked me to represent them here, is the lack of respect demonstrated to the owner of a Wonder.
The owner did not need help; typically self leveled and left a bit of room for friends and fellows to collect chests. The problem lies with a few groups in each realm who decide to assist at a time and in such a way as to deny the owner the option of exercising this opportunity. And in some cases, to deliberately deny the owner this option. So I pose the question: How could it hurt, if a donor wrote and asked first?

DeletedUser5532

How could it hurt, if a donor wrote and asked first?

Why would anyone write to another player, to play their game ? Whats next, writing to players to ask if you can visit them ????

It is part of the game, to help other players AW, and the reward system is in place for those who help the most . You may not like it, but that's the way it goes. If you want to suggest a change in the way the game works, I think you need to head over to the suggestion part of the Forum.

DeletedUser5532

I have left a point or three here or there, to say hello, to build or strengthen a connection.

So by your own admission you have left KP in someones wonder, without messaging them to ask their permission first. The very thing you are saying should happen. You do have valid points, and they are good for how you wish to play your game. Other people however, have their own way of playing the game. Neither is right or wrong, they are just different.

Lelanya

Mentor
Oh yes
Other AMs, neighbours, players I've competed against in tourney ;)
One point or three, and not to push off members of their fellowship. If I were, say, top of my own list and need runes, well then, as stated, I have given half to a third of the total. THAT is helping someone level their Wonder.
But, hmm, a point or two I nearly always msg them too, lol. I love a reason to make new friends