• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sliders and research avoidance

Sliders to determine output of manufactures. Can be preset at 1,2,3 hrs then 3,6,9,12 hrs and 1,2,3,7 days.
Also, anyway we can have research avoidance (or bank for a later date). Specifically if you do not wish to research goods that are not boosted.

Ade

Pauly7

Magus
Part of this game is all about planning around how long production times need to be. Sometimes it's frustrating, but that's how it works. You will notice, if you've reached the guest races yet, that some of those buildings have a completely different set of production times (2hr, 5hr, 7hr, for e.g.) It's not by accident. It's to make people think how to get the best out of it.
Also, anyway we can have research avoidance (or bank for a later date). Specifically if you do not wish to research goods that are not boosted.
This type of thing has been mentioned before. Sometimes it would be nice. The only thing I would say, though, is once you unlock sentient goods you are going to need to upgrade some of your non-boosted manufactories anyway as they become boosted.

Timneh

Artisan
Part of this game is all about planning around how long production times need to be. Sometimes it's frustrating, but that's how it works. You will notice, if you've reached the guest races yet, that some of those buildings have a completely different set of production times (2hr, 5hr, 7hr, for e.g.) It's not by accident. It's to make people think how to get the best out of it.

Production times are also designed to try and get players to spend more time on the game. A long time ago on Beta someone suggested changing the production times and the reply from the Beta CM was that the times were set to encourage players to log in more often. I can't remember the thread, it must have been around 3 years ago and my memory isn't that good.

Making some research items optional has been asked for a few times in the past but it seems that the devs will not consider it but it is the same for everyone so no one is getting any kind of advantage and there will be times in the game where players get tech locked anyway so skipping some research items will only get them to those times faster.