• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Skip opponent turn button in manual battle

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Hi.
Do you think that could exist the possibility to adhere a skip enemy turn button in order we manual fighters could speed up the battle in which we would be playing?

This means we would be able to avoid all the walking, gesticulation, movement and attack movements of all the enemy units in the enemies turn after just clicking this button, and we´ll be only seeing our units movements with this, saving with this lotta precious time that we´re forced to spend seeing enemies doing their performances in the battlefield.

The button could be located in whatever part of the yellow circles:
pass:skip enemy turn.jpeg

Please consider applying this, you´ll make manual fighting a little faster and a little more attractive to play.

Last edited:

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
This is a great suggestion! I'd like to add a few more minor suggestions that could speed up the manual battle experience:
  1. Allow clicking on "Finish Battle Automatically" at any point, even during enemy turns. Also, clicking on "Finish Battle Automatically" should immediately skip to the battle results, without requiring an additional click.
  2. Allow to remove animations, especially death animations.
  3. Finally, it would be great to have hotkeys for skipping a turn and finishing a battle.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
This is a great suggestion! I'd like to add a few more minor suggestions that could speed up the manual battle experience:
  1. Allow clicking on "Finish Battle Automatically" at any point, even during enemy turns. Also, clicking on "Finish Battle Automatically" should immediately skip to the battle results, without requiring an additional click.
  2. Allow to remove animations, especially death animations.
  3. Finally, it would be great to have hotkeys for skipping a turn and finishing a battle.
Yes all of them would be a big improvement for manual battle, it will make it faster.

Stucon

Illusionist
Allow clicking on "Finish Battle Automatically" at any point, even during enemy turns. Also, clicking on "Finish Battle Automatically" should immediately skip to the battle results, without requiring an additional click.
I can follow the argument about speeding things up.
As a new player I used these several times to work out how the enemy moved and what happened during auto fight.
I would not want it removed, ensuring that new players could do the same thing.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I think they could also just speed up the animation in general. The structure of the coding is already in place. You have 3 speeds to chose from. Either make existing animation faster or add a 4th and 5th speed so we can skip ridiculous speed and go directly to plaid. Manual fighting with heavy melee is intolerable watching them mope 2 tiles at a time.