• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Simple Trails Can't Be Moved?

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
I assumed Simple Trails could be moved, just like I can move footpaths. Every time I've tried to do it, I get a red square, and the Simple Trail will not move to the new spot. It doesn't seem right that you can move buildings and reconfigure your city any way you want, but once you build an upgraded street, it's glued to that spot forevermore.

Is there a trick to this?

FieryArien

Necromancer
If it’s really like this, than it’s a bug. I’ve been able to move around any type of street.
When does it change to red square? At the target position? Are you really sure it is empty? Can you move footpath there?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
You can build an upgraded street piece over an existing street piece via the build tool. You can not move an upgraded street over an existing street, but you can move it to s spot where there is no street currently.

Julian

Sorcerer
The fact it is red means there is something in that spot already. Clear some land and try moving a simple trail into it.

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
You can build Simple Trails on top of a footpath, so I was trying to move a simple trail to on top of another footpath. It. Will. Not. Go.

I did figure out how to move it. @BlueBlou is correct. I had to remove the footpath (moved it to the middle of an empty field so I could grab it and use it later when I needed it), then I could move the Simple Trail to where the footpath was. PIA and a lot of extra work, but that's the only way I could accomplish it.

Pauly7

Magus
You can't move a simple trail on top of a footpath, though you could build a new one straight onto it.