• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Show Us Your Cities!!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@30158729 Awesome! You've well and truly took advantage of every nook and cranny there! And it's an interesting thing with the Main Hall! I think many players do favour the whole "Top Right Hand Corner" (I know I do) but it's nice to see a change every once in a while. I LOVE seeing the differences in peoples Cities! I wonder if it says something about a persons personality like an Ink Blot Test :D

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I do believe everyone has their own style and it is very seldom that you do see players with more than one profile using different styles in their cities. I have a friend, would definitely fit in the Orderly Cities Anonymous group, that said he could not sleep at night if something caused disorder in his city.

Pauly7

Magus
"Top Right Hand Corner"
You mean "top corner", right?

The thing with the top corner is that the Main Hall tends to be the biggest building, so by the nature of things if it's at the bottom there's a much greater chance that it will be overhanging buildings adjacent to it. In the one big city centre refurbishment I've had, which was just recently, that's when I put my Main Hall in the top corner. I've not been completely happy with it, though. My new problem is that I can't see the whole of the MH as it towers above the top of the screen.

I may change the Thread Title to the "O.C.A." :D
Orderly schmorderly.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Pauly7 You knew what I meant! :D I think the only issue I have with my MH being in the Top Corner is that it hides that massive Pumpkin during Autumn. I like that Pumpkin. It looks Juicy.

You are right. If I change the Title I could be seen as being discriminatory to those who love Organised Chaos. And everyone is Welcome here :)

Melianora

Alchemist
@30158729 Awesome! You've well and truly took advantage of every nook and cranny there! And it's an interesting thing with the Main Hall! I think many players do favour the whole "Top Right Hand Corner" (I know I do) but it's nice to see a change every once in a while. I LOVE seeing the differences in peoples Cities! I wonder if it says something about a persons personality like an Ink Blot Test :D
You mean "top corner", right?

The thing with the top corner is that the Main Hall tends to be the biggest building, so by the nature of things if it's at the bottom there's a much greater chance that it will be overhanging buildings adjacent to it. In the one big city centre refurbishment I've had, which was just recently, that's when I put my Main Hall in the top corner. I've not been completely happy with it, though. My new problem is that I can't see the whole of the MH as it towers above the top of the screen.

I once had my MH in the top corner, but changed that as my map got bigger. With the current arrangement there are quite some buildings that can dock with the MH with less streets and there are multiple sides where the streets start. I found with the top corner position I would run into issues when trying to figure out where I could cut streets, as the options for where I could continue streets were limited.

Nice color blending :) !! Dragon and Sorcerers Chapter has such a wonderful fantasy theme
What have you saved the space for in the top half?

Deleted User - 1634960

You are right. If I change the Title I could be seen as being discriminatory to those who love Organised Chaos. And everyone is Welcome here :)

Hmm. Seems to me that 'Organised Chaos Anonymous' has the same initials as 'Orderly Cities Anonymous', so the name change would cover BOTH groups! :p

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Sorcerers and Dragons, the best visual guest race buildings, the tentacles and bony fingers and of course the Dragons. Just awesome. :cool: