• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Show more, and more useful, info directly in Training Tabs

Sir Derf

Adept
Currently on the Training tab, the only numbers you see are the number of troops being trained in a slot, displayed in units of individual troops, while in the Army Camp tab you see the current levels of all troop types.

How many people follow this pattern...

1. Open the Barracks, Training Ground or Mercenary Camp Window, which opens on the Training Tab.
  2. Look at which troops are currently queued and how many empty slots I have.
  3. Switch to the Army Camp tab.
  4. Look at the levels of the various troops in the current building.
  5. Determine which troops have the lowest quantity.
  6. Mentally decide how many training of which troops in which order to produce to refill the lowest quantities.
  7. Switch to the Training tab.
  8. Add lowest quantity troops to the empty slots.

Wouldn't it be easier if you didn't have to switch between tabs in steps 3 and 7, and you could do the entire process on one tab, with all the information you need on the screen at once?

Somewhere on the Training Tab, directly display the current quantity of troops in units of training squad size.
And for selecting troops to train, display the amount to be trained also in units of training squad size, which would be 1.0 always.
The equivalent numbers, in units of individual units, could be shown in a tool tip or info popup.

Thus, on this screen, you could see that your Barracks troop levels are 20.1, 20.0, 16.8, 19.9 and 20.0, determine that your Bud Sorceress is lower by about 3 Training squads then your other troops types, could add Bud Sorceresses to the training queue 3 times to bring them roughly in line, and then start round-robining production after they reach rough equality with the other troops.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Somewhere on the Training Tab, directly display the current quantity of troops in units of training squad size.
And for selecting troops to train, display the amount to be trained also in units of training squad size, which would be 1.0 always.
The equivalent numbers, in units of individual units, could be shown in a tool tip or info popup.
Let me begin by saying I support your idea @Sir Derf.

For my part, I just look to see which troops are low, and then train a 'bunch'. If I train too many then next round I will train something else. Yeah, pretty slap-dash I know :)

I am afraid that if the game devs have struggled with basic features like the Trader bugs for a few months, then they would have a conniption trying to implement your goodly features. Good luck though. Let's see if our Herodite-the-Awesome will pass your idea through. :cool:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf I will indeed pass this forward for you! :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Lymhir

Spellcaster
training.png

Here is a hypothesis of how the training tab could be, so you can see on the fly what is missing as squadrons.