• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Show culture points to visitors

DeletedUser6862

The variety of cultural buildings is staggering and even more complicated by subsequent upgrades. For visitors who cannot use the available 3rd party app, providing the best help from the visit is a nightmare. This is an important part of the game for many of us and it could be made much more efficient by showing the cultural points from a building when a visitor hovers over it.

I appreciate that this might not be any easy thing to do but the lack of information at visiting time is possibly the most frustrating part of the game - and acts as a learning roadblock. And - as we know - more learning = more involvement = more $$$ ;)

DeletedUser5532

The variety of cultural buildings is staggering and even more complicated by subsequent upgrades. For visitors who cannot use the available 3rd party app,

I as not aware of a 3rd party app that can help with visiting, what is it called please, I think i would like to have a look at that .

DeletedUser6862

There is one that runs on BlueStacks - an android gaming platform.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
I only know of the Official Elvenar apps on several platforms, no 3rd party ones.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
For visitors who cannot use the available 3rd party app, providing the best help from the visit is a nightmare.
There is one that runs on BlueStacks - an android gaming platform.

From your description, I think you're talking about this one:
app.jpg

Easy to use, always suggests the best culture building.... It's not exactly third party, however ;) IIRC, we were promised something similar for the browser version of the game (my memory has faded in that year since). I prefer this solution over some culture info popup.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm not aware of any third party app either but I do like the idea of placing the current culture amount next to the chapter icon when hovering mouse over culture building in a neighbor/fellows city....my brain fades me when I try to remember which buildings are high in culture.

DeletedUser8921

I am new to the game and haven't been here for most of the events, so I have no way of knowing what the best culture buildings are. I tend to make my decision based on building size, chapter acquired and whether it is an event building. (Event buildings tend to be higher, at least those the players bother to place.)

I think in some ways it gets newer players to learn about the game's history and when prizes were awarded, but in some ways it would be nice to know for sure which ones have the highest culture.

This problem pales in comparison to trying to find the builder's hut in some cities! I think the builder's hut should have a special, identifiable neighborly help marker so you could just look for that.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm not aware of any third party app either but I do like the idea of placing the current culture amount next to the chapter icon when hovering mouse over culture building in a neighbor/fellows city....my brain fades me when I try to remember which buildings are high in culture.

If in doubt generally anything with trees is a decent bet. ;)

DeletedUser6862

I tried putting together a crib sheet - which taught me quite a lot about cultural values - but it just got so complex that it became difficult to use during play. It would seem sensible to include it with the building type and chapter info when hovering - maybe it's difficult to massage the code to make it happen.

Deleted User - 341074

I appreciate that this might not be any easy thing to do
I'm pretty sure it's as simple as changing the name of a building in the database from
Wishing Well
to
Wishing Well 2900

Or just pulling that data and adding it to the mouse-over tooltip. It already pulls the fact that it's a WW from chapter 11, so there is really very little that needs to be done to make this idea happen.
culture4.png

I suspect the only reason it hasn't been done is that Inno has the tiniest of programming teams (like just 1 part-time novice) and hires subcontractors for all of their major updates. That's why seemingly simple fixes don't happen often. Fixing visits is going to be a whole package deal where someday it will be as simple as the mobile app, and paying an outside contractor to make a partial fix now and a full one later is seen as a waste of money.